Thread: Need DPS help

Need DPS help

So this is the first xpac that I ever played a priest and I am still getting used to Shadow. I am 655 ilvl and am running CoP. Some fights I am pulling 18k-20k others I can barely maintain 15k (Imp). I really wanna fix this issue before BRF for obvious reasons. Can someone please help me out?

Deleted
    Its pretty hard to help you out when you provide no logs or armory other than telling you to check the basic rotation for CoP.

Twixi is right, post some armory and logs to get more info. Also "CoP" is not in and of itself a sepc. It's one talent, and a talent that both Insanity and SoD are taking at the moment, so you could be using very incorrect specs for certain fights/roles and we wouldn't know based on "running CoP". Everybody's running CoP :P

They can't post logs or links of any sort yet. I had the same problem.

What I was told is be aware of your movement I'm having the same amount of movements. Imp is a high mobility fight so you need to move as little as possible and hold your dotweaving when you know you have a chance to utilize it fully. My raid leader pointed out that you should be doing 12 mind blasts per minute. So on imp you should be pulling 120 if it lasts 10 mins if you are really low on that try and tighten up your rotation. Mulitdot when you can (1st and 2nd transition phases. Also you COULD start dots on imp when you know an ad is coming out that would increase your dps as well. Things that helped me, something like weakauras and tell me now. I still have a long way to go but with the visual and audio queues it makes things a bit easier to stay on top of things. If you have hunters in your group and you guys aren't using fox or you are and you just don't know when its going off might be handy to make something for that too or get your raid lead to start assigning it cause yea that would help out right off the bat considering it would be up for transition phase when healers use it. Practice makes perfect so even if you don't need it practicing mechanics in LFR and even joining groups for Normal even if you don't need gear can help get that practice in!

good luck, its not easy by any stretch of the imaginination cause if you are late on MB by 1 second every other cast those start to rack up and you'll fall behind in your MB count which is your greatest source of damage and directly influences your DP which is another hard hitting spell we have.

I hope SOMETHING I said helps its a lot of information you might have heard before but hope it helps all the same!

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure he can post just by replacing . with (dot) , I guess its not minded as long as its a recognisable link (warcraft armory, logs, etc).

Deleted
    Don't bother dotweaving on Imperator unless you are very confident in your abilities. It will most likely be a dps loss unless your rotation is super tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Twixi View Post
    Its pretty hard to help you out when you provide no logs or armory other than telling you to check the basic rotation for CoP.

This. It's hard to correct something when we don't know what you're doing wrong.