Arcane DPS insight

Hey guys, just an avid arcane user here!

Here are the logs from last weeks raid (Should be full clear heroic)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1757&e=1996

(linked butcher specifically)

but any tips/advice is greatly appreciated!

Also ignore tectus.. that was a horrible attempt at playing fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first suggestion would be to use Warcraftlogs instead of WorldofLogs. Especially with the recent update to their UI, Warcraftlogs is enormously superior in terms of the usable information presented to the viewer. Worldoflogs doesn't provide nearly enough information to give any sort of meaningful advice. The only thing I got from it was that you didn't have 100% uptime on your RoP. Also, I don't know which weapon you're using, but the mastery enchant should provide a much larger dps increase than the bleed.

My second suggestion would be to read over Berlinia's Arcane Mage Guide ( Located Here ) as it has the most detailed information that will be helpful to increasing your dps. I didn't look up your ilevel and see how close you are to your simulated maximum stationary dps but I would say if your dps is low than you're probably mismanaging your mana during the conservation phase, not using your arcane missiles at the right time/wasting procs, and/or not performing the correct burn phase rotation.

Also, a small tip that I found useful for that fight is that if you watch the CD for his knockback, you can time an Icyflows charge so that you can continue casting in the air and blink straight back to your RoP afterwards.