Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Lately after watching flash/arrow (good shows) I facepalm everytime someone says "Save the city/failed the city". It just gets too much if someone has to say it in every episode.

And why do they only care about their city? Disaster in the city next to theirs. "Take 2min of your time to help? Nah fuck these guys". At least thats what i am imagining everytime .

(I know it would be hard to make a show that doesn't focus on a single place)

Deleted
    To me, it's all about how well the cliches are executed. I don't dislike anything in particular.

I dislike how when people talk on the phone, create a meeting and then DON'T tell them where or when it is. They just say: Bring the girl to me tonight, bring the money. Then hang up. No time whatsoever.

When the bad guy has a chance to kill the good guy but takes their time and gives the good guy time to get away. Seriously would love to see a movie when the bad guy sees the hero and shoots them instantly. No talking. No laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Lately after watching flash/arrow (good shows) I facepalm everytime someone says "Save the city/failed the city". It just gets too much if someone has to say it in every episode.

And why do they only care about their city? Disaster in the city next to theirs. "Take 2min of your time to help? Nah fuck these guys". At least thats what i am imagining everytime .

(I know it would be hard to make a show that doesn't focus on a single place)
    It's a throwback to Season 1 of Arrow, where Oliver went around telling criminals that they failed the city. It's a tradition created by the characters.

More recently I've really come to loathe the cliche of two guys desperately fawning over the same woman only for the love triangle to be dragged on and on, beaten like a dead horse and then reanimated for good measure. Just once I've to see the guys go 'screw it' and hook up with each other instead of continuing to pant like a dog in heat every time their mutual love interest walks into a scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cliffhanger deaths are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Cliffhanger deaths are the worst.
    I actually can't think of many examples where a cliffhanger death has actually resulted in death.

- When a hero in a losing situation suddenly gets a huge power surge from nowhere but the suffering of friends and family. Also known as "nakama power up" since it's often found in manga and anime. For a more western example I would say the moment when Optimus Prime dies (spoilers) but gets reincarnated when that kid talks to the transformergods or w/e and brings him back. Seriously, the movie was already stupid enough. After that moment I wanted to kick small puppies.

- Damsels in distress

- Strong independent female/racial characters for the sake of it. Yes I want more diversity, but not for the sake of diversity. "oh lookie how edgy and progressive we are!"