Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Most unbeatable 2s combo?

Since Blizzard has long made it clear that they don't balance around 2s, or even seem to really care about 2s - so what is currently the most 'exploited', if you will, 2s combo that never seems to lose? I lose to an awful lot of resto druid/survival hunter and fdk/brewmaster.

Depend if i play with a healer or not but Disc priest are almost unkillable if you dont have a great dispeller on your team, but i wouldnt say OP since it's easy to counter. but on the other hand Rogue/brm and DK/brm are op right now you cant even dispell the BRM shield. but still , it depend on what is your current comp let just say its not a great place to be a caster right now

Priest is not optimal... Both shields and Disc silence have been nerfed.

Survival Hunter + Resto Druid -- CC chains and kill opportunities with a healer that is much more slippery and equipped with better CC.

Deleted
    I have a few r1 titles, played at Dreamhack finals 2009 and current 2400 as my 3s rating, so take it for what it is worth:

Hunter + Rdruid is currently the best 2s comp. The reason being is quite simple. Rdruids are the strongest healer in all brackets, and Hunters have too much utility compared to other classes in 2v2 without any downside. Your hunter needs to be survival.

It was 2xFrostDKs before they nerfed the synergy of snares/conversion.

Deleted
    hunter + rdruid

Deleted
    Disc priest unkillable? They are cake even without dispeller. What rat league you play?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliclandelo View Post
    I have a few r1 titles, played at Dreamhack finals 2009 and current 2400 as my 3s rating, so take it for what it is worth:

Hunter + Rdruid is currently the best 2s comp. The reason being is quite simple. Rdruids are the strongest healer in all brackets, and Hunters have too much utility compared to other classes in 2v2 without any downside. Your hunter needs to be survival.

This guy pretty much speaks the truth. Survival/RestoDr is pretty forgiving all in all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Yep. Easily Survival + Resto by a BIG margin currently. Only team that can compete in strength is Disc + Survival but it requires quite a bit more skill to be played well as the priest has to go very offensive without dying himself to win the dispel war against druid + surv.

As Disc/Survival I'm sometimes able to OOM a Druid by spamming dispel because Rejuv costs a good chunk of mana. If you make a mistake however, the Survival/Resto team will win it most of the time. That big margin for error is really what makes the comp strong.

I wonder if the trap changes in 6.1 will change anything because it removes some margin for error with respect to traps. Easier to miss them with the smaller radius and if you miss them you have to wait longer for the next one to come up. Currently I'm perfectly fine if I land every 2nd trap because the one I miss will be only a 4sec trap anyway.

Overall I think they should just put all "disabling" CCs in one DR category, so just merge the Incapacitate and Disorient DR. On top of that nerf melee interrupts because this change would hurt casters more than melee.

Warlock/RDruid, Combat Rogue/RDruid and Surv Hunter/RDruid are all top comps.

Hunter will probably have the most luck because it will easily beat any melee team.

Warlock can beat Hunter, so at high ratings their strong because of how many Hunter comps there are.

Combat Rogues can beat almost any team depending on the situation, but they'll lose to the majority of Hunter comps unless they play exceptionally well and have good Cyclones on the Hunter so he can't be healed at low health.

Don't think I'd bother trying to push 2s with any other comp, maybe DK/RDruid and just try to win in dampening, but I don't really see that working well past around 2200.

Quote Originally Posted by Feliclandelo View Post

Will 6.1 change any of that in your opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Any hunter/healer or dps/rdruid is near impossible to beat as any underdog comp.

rdruid + shunter is the epitome of bullshit

I can't imagine anything worse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    rdruid + shunter is the epitome of bullshit

I can't imagine anything worse
    what you reckon rdruid + hunter gets to face against too?

Deleted
    as a ww monk main, i logged onto my alt hunter read some of the tooltips on skills and checked survi traps, insta logout

Deleted
    Made it up to 2.3k as Disc/surv, and literally ALL you ever see at that rating/mmr is restodruid/surv. I decided to ditch my disc spec and go fulltime shadow now since in 3's disc 's shields are equal to tinfoil, if not dispelled. Most forgiving comp in 2's is definitely resto/surv, not because hunters need a utility nerf (which they do), but because restodruids feel almost mandatory in every comp atm, also in 3's. Though if not for the spammable CC and incredible mobility they'd probably die just as fast as any other healer atm. They need some serious toning down. But then again, so need BrM monks, Retri Burst, DKs survivability, hunters as said and warrior's face melting execute.

Either that or buff every healer but restodruids. It'll eventually come down on alot of ppl QQ'ing and seeing the same /rant threads all over again.

SV hunter + any healer

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPhail View Post

Either that or buff every healer but restodruids. It'll eventually come down on alot of ppl QQ'ing and seeing the same /rant threads all over again.
    That's what needs to happen, if Druids get nerfed the game will be nearly unplayable. If Druids are easy kills like Priests, Paladins and Shamans are then 3s will just devolve into whatever comps burst healers the fastest wins, and that's no fun at all for anyone involved.

Blood Dk + brewmaster = long fights ftw.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Will have to agree with RDruid/SHuntard.

Too much mobility and CCs.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I can tell you just by playing 2's for an hour last night its Shunter/Rdruid.... both of those classes are extremely good.