Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blackrock Foundry follower missions: mythic loot

Hi,

nowadays we know that for the current Highmaul mission you need to have 14 (some still say is 15, I've seen it with 14) heroic kills, no matter what bosses to have mythic loot from follower missions. This number, I guess, is from bosses_in_the_raid * 2.

So, my guess is that for BRF you will need to have 20 bosses killed in hc in order to have mythic loot from the follower missions.

My plan is to farm one of the first bosses and kill it 10 times (plus the 10 bosses killed with my guild group will make 20 hc kills).

Does it sound too crazy or do you think is reasonable to assume this could/should work?

If you've got the time, why not. Though I'd add one more kill to be safe - personally I got heroic box with 14 hc kills, not a mythic one, so I stick with 15 for Highmaul.

Probably it is "bosses_of_the_raid" * 2 + 1

For HM that would be 7 * 2 + 1 = 15

I can say for sure 15 was enough for Highmaul... I had 1 kill of Kargath, 1 full clear, and then the 6 first bosses next week, which adds to 14 bosses. I got worried that would not be enough, so I entered a pug and killed Kargath one more time - I got no loot for that kill. That took me to 15 kills, and I got the Mythic quest.

If you really want to test, tey getting 21 kills and see what happens.

I'm doing this with a few people from my guild and friends. We're aiming for the nb of bosses *2 + 1 so 21 kills even though some of us want to push it higher just to be safe.

I had 14 kills yesterday for the HM one and still got the lower ilvl box.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not necessarily scaling on the raid size, I think it's something akin to "if you've raided this difficulty enough, you're fine". They may increase the count, or keep it as it is, it also depends on the difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    There will be people that sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the PvE community, and I salute them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Probably it is "bosses_of_the_raid" * 2 + 1

For HM that would be 7 * 2 + 1 = 15
    No clue why people come up with this conclusion as being the most probable. "Being a normal/heroic/mythic raider" (according to blizzard) wouldn't make sense to be compared to the number of bosses in the instance given that it can vary from 6 to 14 easily. Even if so, why not 1*amount+8 or 3*amount-6. Could be anything like that. The only one to me that makes sense is just a plain constant number of kills needed. Larger instances don't all of a sudden make you kill bosses quicker.

Obviously I could be completely wrong and blizz doesn't always make sense (to me), but I don't see required kills being a function of amount of bosses in instances in any way making sense given the fact that it doesn't even matter what bosses (and even 15x kargath in 1 week is enough).

Guess what ? 21 is actually MORE than 15. So you have a choice : go for 15 because it might be an arbitrary number or go for 21 and be safe. We'll know more when BRF hits and people report their findings but until then I sure as hell won't risk losing a mythic cache on week 1.

Pretty sure I read a twitter comment that said it's going to take more then the first week for the cache to register as Mythic, to prevent people from farming the first boss for a Mythic cache in week one. Trying to find it again.

Personally I hope they do put something like that in place. People are getting too much Mythic gear handed out to them for doing absolutely nothing.

Assuming it works like the old mission best plan would be:

Upgrade your full foundry follower team to 655 and make sure you have enough to bring them all up 5 ivls.

Go clear foundry with your guild, sit back and wait until everyone else reports the numbers,

Do whatever you need to unlock it

upgrade 2 guys to 660

upgrade last guy

100% mythic mission

10+ Year Old Account
    So what if you have 12 heroic kills and 3 mythic kills, would you get mythic missions or just heroic missions?

What if you have 5 normal kills, 5 heroic kills, and 5 mythic kills ( unlikely I know ) but would that give you access to heroic missions, or would it still just give you normal loot?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Assuming it works like the old mission best plan would be:

Upgrade your full foundry follower team to 655 and make sure you have enough to bring them all up 5 ivls.
    Don't upgrade to 655, its a waste to go past 654, save the items for when the cap is raised.

Ailyara- I believe it works like this....
    There are 3 difficulties, N/H/M. You need 15 kills in 1 difficulty to unlock the next.
    IE. 15 kills in N gets you a H cache.
    15 kills in H get you a M cache
    15 kills in M get you a M cache and 1k gold.

Kills in M do not count towards your total kills in H. Therefore, if you have 10 M kills, 5 H, and 10 N kills, you will still only get a normal cache.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Guess what ? 21 is actually MORE than 15. So you have a choice : go for 15 because it might be an arbitrary number or go for 21 and be safe. We'll know more when BRF hits and people report their findings but until then I sure as hell won't risk losing a mythic cache on week 1.
    Are missions releasing with BRF opening anyway? Thought it was 6.1.

I'd be shocked if BRF missions didn't unlock with BRF.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Last edited by Bullarkie; 2015-01-21 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Black market auction house

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Black market auction house
    Ah I see. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I'd be shocked if BRF missions didn't unlock with BRF.
    That would mean that 6.1 patch arrives before or at the same time as BRF opens... since missions are NOT in game, but are on PTR atm... unlike elemental tablet missions that are already in game and everything! And some people dont think 6.1 will arrive in 1-2 weeks, but later... i disagree with them for that exact reason, as 6.1 content is largely tied to BRF and would be silly if its not out when BRF unlocks

edit: i know they said BRF release doesnt depend on 6.1... but i think that is because its already in game and tested and just needs to be unlocked, so i believe it can be whenever they want it, but i think 6.1 will be at the same time, or even before BRF unlocks, same as highmaul content and missions were up before HM was available
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2015-01-22 at 12:21 PM.

Yet they even posted saying 6.1 and BRF are tied to one another and it was posted on MMO front page as well. Though I see why it makes sense... because it does. Anyway till it happens who knows.