Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is 2200 max rating in 2v2?

How come that the top rating in 3v3 is "normal" which is around 3000 rating, but in 2v2 the top rated team is under 2200 rating.

Deleted
    Just open the 2v2 site like 20 to 30 times, if you're lucky one of them will show you the real ratings. Top rating in 2v2 is almost 3000 now.

This is the (probably) real 2v2 ladder for EU:

Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2015-01-21 at 04:55 PM.

Surv Hunters and Frost Dks and Resto Druids! Oh my!

Things to do..

Make an alliance (preferably human)

Roll at fotm class

Gear up

Join a fotm comp

Get pvp add ons

Bind everything

Push 2200+

Become arrogant. Much skill. Best ever!
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2015-01-21 at 08:26 PM. Reason: =/

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I especially like how almost every one that isnt a Druid is a Human. Balanced racial is balanced. Hurrr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I especially like how almost every one that isnt a Druid is a Human. Balanced racial is balanced. Hurrr.
    My nelf priest begs to differ.

My human priest wouldn't be human if it wasn't a remnant of a long time ago (cataclysm) when I faction changed to alliance to do PvE on it.

Ok you said "almost", but for healers human racial is really bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoibhe View Post

Things to do..

Roll at fotm class

Gear up

Join a fotm comp

Get pvp add ons

Bind everything

Win

Become arrogant
    Sounds like pretty much every season ever. First time doing arenas?

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Sounds like pretty much every season ever. First time doing arenas?
    That much be the case, because anyone not doing those things either hasn't done arena or is just bad, right?

Deleted
    That much be the case, because anyone not doing those things either hasn't done arena or is just bad, right?
    You put the word bad into this discussion. Not me!

Im just saying that since the beginning of arena, everyone has played by that patterns.

I just made a guess that you were new to arenas since you didnt seem to have identified it until now

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    since you didnt seem to have identified it until now
    You just assumed that. I identified it long ago. I was just griping.

Your comment did seem a bit condescending. Was this intended?

Things to do..

Roll at fotm class

Gear up

Join a fotm comp

Get pvp add ons

Bind everything

Push 2200+

HEY!
    I found a solution:
    Play chess
    Chess is a 1v1 PvP arena.
    You cant complain about lag, class balance, bad teammates (not able to find good teammates).
    The playfield is never changing, always the same standard 8x8 black and white 1v1 arena.

Things to do..

Roll at fotm class

Gear up

Join a fotm comp

Get pvp add ons

Bind everything

Push 2200+

This is sadly the case for 2v2. However 3v3 is a different story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukvit View Post
    HEY!
    I found a solution:
    Play chess
    You cant complain about lag, class balance, bad teammates (not able to find good teammates).
    The playfield is never changing, always the same standard 8x8 black and white 1v1 arena.
    Nerf white, is one turn ahead. Racism!
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukvit View Post
    HEY!
    I found a solution:
    Play chess
    Well if you play blitz over the internetz, lag matters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Nerf white, is one turn ahead. Racism!
    Statistically in pro matches, White does win 4-5% more often than Black, precisely because of that imbalance. So the idea that chess is thousands of years old and therefore balanced is false. There is a controversial theory that this is not so much to do with the ability of White to win, but rather the ability of White to draw - between pro players - is higher than Black. A pro Chess player can maintain their first move advantage (assuming they don't overextend) for most of the game - so that if it comes down to a draw scenario - white has a slightly better chance to draw than black (but not necessarily to win). This doesn't express itself below the Rank 1 (equivalent) players though, because random chess noobs make mistakes - but the pros can often go entire matches without a mistake on either side, and White still has their first move advantage to allow White to draw at their discretion.

Go is an even more interesting example of challenging game balance design - in competitive Go, the first move is compensated by adding additional score to the second player. Historically this started out as a very small bonus (I think 2 was the first handicap for first move advantage?), and it's risen consistently over the centuries until I think it's like 8 now. The interesting thing is, statistically, there is still a first move advantage no matter how much they raise the initial bonus.

They used to think that since it was always close, one additional point bonus would fix it - but now they're trying to find a proof for why it is that no matter what the handicap, the first move player always has a very slight advantage (statistically, but only ever like 2-3%).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-01-22 at 08:22 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad Yvaelle. Are you a pro chess player?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not bad Yvaelle. Are you a pro chess player?
    Rofl no. My cousin was better than me by the time he was like 8, granted his dad used to be a national competitor - but I was non-terrible for the year I spent on my highschool chess team, so it's humbling to get consistently rocked by a child. He's like 14 now or something, and super into baseball - so he doesn't play anymore - but I'm sure he'd still destroy me

Nah, I am a developer though in my spare time - so my interest in game balance is from the design theory side
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-01-22 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Rofl no. My cousin was better than me by the time he was like 8, granted his dad used to be a national competitor - but I was non-terrible for the year I spent on my highschool chess team, so it's humbling to get consistently rocked by a child. He's like 14 now or something, and super into baseball - so he doesn't play anymore - but I'm sure he'd still destroy me

Nah, I am a developer though in my spare time - so my interest in game balance is from the design theory side
    I have a relative aged 10 just like that. I also have another one that has a slight case of autism that managed to solve a rubik's cube by just looking and playing with it for an hour... he's 12.

Do you develop games? Thinking as you're so interested in balance on a deeper level.

Deleted
    My nelf priest begs to differ.

My human priest wouldn't be human if it wasn't a remnant of a long time ago (cataclysm) when I faction changed to alliance to do PvE on it.

Ok you said "almost", but for healers human racial is really bad.
    As far as I think you aren't among the top players are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    As far as I think you aren't among the top players are you?
    No I'm not. At least depending on what you define as top players. What does this have to do with anything though?

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you develop games? Thinking as you're so interested in balance on a deeper level.
    Ya

Working for one game company while starting up my own company on the side lately. Busy busy