Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Copeland's Clarity for demo

Hello!

So, i finally caved in and bought a Copeland's Clarity:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...edrah/advanced

I replaced a 655ilvl (normal) Quiescent Runestone http://www.wowhead.com/item=113859/q...estone&bonus=0

However I was running some sims and I lost about 150 dps??? am I running the sims wrong?? I imported my toon with one and then with the other

The other trinket is a 3/3 sandman's pouch (670ilvl)

Haven't really had the chance to test it in raid till tonight so I'm not saying I lost dps, I'm saying my sims are lower (i know they may not correlate 100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    Hello!

I replaced a 655ilvl (normal) Quiescent Runestone http://www.wowhead.com/item=113859/q...estone&bonus=0

However I was running some sims and I lost about 150 dps??? am I running the sims wrong?? I imported my toon with one and then with the other

Haven't really had the chance to test it in raid till tonight so I'm not saying I lost dps, I'm saying my sims are lower (i know they may not correlate 100%)
    I wouldn't worry about it. The Copeland's should perform well for you if you optimize the on-use.

Many people don't read/understand APL's but by default the APL just hits the trinket off CD however waits for the proper DF to use DS DB spam or however your spec'ed. So yea if your not lining it up the on-use it could be a loss but i Hope your smarter then a Default APL.

is it worth buying one or will it be replaced with BRF trinkets? (i'll probably only raid normal)
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Make sure you modifiy the sim so that it only uses the trinket with DS for your DB dumps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    is it worth buying one or will it be replaced with BRF trinkets? (i'll probably only raid normal)
    Heroic Runestone and Shards is already better than any combination with Copeland for Demo.
    Last edited by mmoc1d80589d30; 2015-01-21 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTommy View Post
    HC or better Runestone and Shards is already better than Copeland for Demo.
    Tried to tell someone on my server that same thing just the other day, they didn't listen. Called me a noob for running Mythic Shards and Heroic WF Runestone instead of Copelands.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely that you are doing anything wrong with your import. Demonology sims leave alot to be desired. 2/2 Sandman's and CC is a really strong combo of trinkets until you get Mythic SoN.

maybe i confused this with some other text I have read somewhere else but I presumed Sandman's Pouch 3/3 + Shards was providing the best combo for demo (either that or SoN + Runestone).

I'm still keeping Sandman's 3/3 + CC for destro, can't beat that combo with some nasty 4 chaos bolts
    made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello!

I don't use Copelands in Demo, Runestone and Shards imo are BiS due to how Haste effects the overall spec of Demonology. Spell Power is great and all, but I don't see it being an increase over Runestone / SoN.

with SoN being very good for demo, how are you guys using it? during Demonbolt casts to reduce the debuff time or during build ups to increase Fury generation?
    made by Shyama

You need to add a use_item,slot=trinket (1 or 2 depending on the slot) action on the APL.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTommy View Post
    Heroic Runestone and Shards is already better than any combination with Copeland for Demo.
    Sorry for off-topic, but is the shards rly better than copelands for demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Raano View Post
    Sorry for off-topic, but is the shards rly better than copelands for demo?
    I used to think that Copelands is superb as well, that is until I have gotten mythic Shards and Runestone.
    Now obviously you can go ahead and say that those are mythic trinkets but the same applies to heroic versions.
    See, copeland SOUNDS nice, but the crit devaluates greatly on demo, while int goes much higher instead. It is true that SoN haste is a bit crap, as you dont want to use it with DB: ideally there are 2 scenarios where you want to use it:

1: pooling fury. It is VERY strong for setting up the 4 DB + Doom combo and helps you a lot.
    2: using it with Terrorguard. It gains a massive bonus from bonus haste and can give you immense dps boost.

The same can not be said for copelands however, since it is a 2 minute CD, thus it will only be useful for one Db burst while SoN is but a catalyst which HELPS setting up the burst on every occasion while providing a nice SP boost as well with the passive intellect on it. This leaves the trinket in a much weaker position compared to SoN/Runestone. On Destro and Affli however it is still decent, but if you have SoN and Runestone they will likely replace it in time.

Personally i only use Copeland's on Tectus as Demo, and imperator (destro). For the rest of the fights i go with SoN and runestone, and ofc the pvp trinket at pull 8)

Deleted
    Same. I switch to CC for Tectus and SoN everywhere else.

Also IDK why people keep detaching using the haste proc for Fury gen or for reduced DB cooldown. It does both. Pop it during DB burn phase and you can cast 4x in 6 seconds, then have 14 seconds for generation. Meanwhile corruption and pet were already ticking faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Same. I switch to CC for Tectus and SoN everywhere else.

Also IDK why people keep detaching using the haste proc for Fury gen or for reduced DB cooldown.

Because if you're doing it right Demonbolt dumps are based upon the Dark Soul: Knowledge cooldown, not Demonic Fury levels or the Demonbolt debuff.
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2015-01-23 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    1: pooling fury. It is VERY strong for setting up the 4 DB + Doom combo and helps you a lot.
    2: using it with Terrorguard. It gains a massive bonus from bonus haste and can give you immense dps boost.
    So using it on pull before terrorguard-pop is a good idea then? I can understand int being way better than crit, just wasn't sure about the int-buff you get from CC.

Got the SoN hc, I guess I'll switch out the CC for it in my demo-setup Thx!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    Because if you're doing it right Demonbolt dumps are based upon the Dark Soul: Knowledge cooldown, not Demonic Fury levels or the Demonbolt debuff.
    And yet they still line up together pretty much every time.

I don't think Terroguard is affected by the haste from trinket or Bloodlust.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.