Thread: DPS help.

DPS help.

Hello everyone, I wanted to get some feedback from long time Mages. I have only been playing mage since November. I feel as though I can improve but I can't find what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps it's my biased mind thinking. I have included logs, to our heroic run my name is Azazyel in the logs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Z64jahJAY1LmKVqX
    Thank so much for any help you can provide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just looking at the Butcher kill, since that's the easiest place to start.

Who uses Hero/Bloodlust at the end of the fight? Anyways - Rune of Power uptime is just under 69%. That's bad. It looks like you moved out of your rune and didn't recast so you spent the last 1/3 of the fight (with bloodlust up no less) without it. You should stack your 2nd potion with PC/AP - if you know you're going to use bloodlust at the end, then save PC/AP until that point since you're not going to get another use out of them anyway.

Your mana management needs some work, it looks like you dropped to 85-90 several times during the fight. It generally doesn't work well to play aggressively with your mana. You had 31 AM procs but only cast 143 missiles, so you're either clipping regularly or you munched a couple procs (which may or may not be unavoidable).

Not related to this fight, but you should glyph AP. On a 3 minute fight it doesn't matter, but on a 4 minute fight (like Mythic Butcher), you lose an AP by not glyphing. They are the same dps on fight lengths that let you get equal uses out of them, but you risk losing a use of AP by not glyphing since you aren't going to know kill times on most progression fights.

Thanks for your comments Wilderness, As i am looking back at the logs I can really see how badly I did. I did need a new perspective though. How would you go about improving mana management? I really appriciate the feed back, since I have only been playing mage for such a short time I want to make sure I keep improving. As for the Rune of power, I will make a bigger WA for when I am not standing in it.