Highmaul Mission: Should I change my loot spec?

I don't have to do this until next week, but I've been thinking about the next time I get my highmaul mission.

I'm a protection warrior. I already have a mythic tank neck, tank cloak, and tank trinket. Should I change my loot spec to arms/fury in the hopes that I will have a less chance to obtain a mythic where I already have one in that slot?

The way I see it, the pros and cons for changing my loot spec to arms/fury are:

+ I won't be getting my tank neck/cloak/trinket out of the cache

but

- I might get a DPS variant of the things I wouldn't replace (neck / cloak / trinket)

I guess the worst case scenario would be that I would get a good off-spec piece of loot, but what do you guys think I should do? Here's a link to my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Blockk/simple

Some time ago i had fury spec but wants gear for prot and not changed spec, writed ticket.

GM respond was that loot spec DONT MATTER IN HIGHMAUL CHEST MISSION, those chests giving us gear no matter what loot spec u have.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Some time ago i had fury spec but wants gear for prot and not changed spec, writed ticket.

GM respond was that loot spec DONT MATTER IN HIGHMAUL CHEST MISSION, those chests giving us gear no matter what loot spec u have.
    I think I have a hard time believing that that is how it actually work. If it is, it seems really lazy on Blizzard's part.

Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    I think I have a hard time believing that that is how it actually work. If it is, it seems really lazy on Blizzard's part.
    Yep, this is why i talked with them by few tickets not just one. It's just weird that ppl that not playing any other spec than Prot (like me) obtain gear for fury/arms.
    Second thing is that they told before WOD that loot system will work like "you will never get same item on roll". Why then i get's 2 times same rings, 2 times same boots... -_- waste of coins.

Rumor is it gives you loot your class can use, regardless of spec.

Quote Originally Posted by sophos1 View Post
    Rumor is it gives you loot your class can use, regardless of spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I think where the confusion comes in is when people think of items like this.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=114071/turbulent-treads

Use: Create a soulbound item appropriate for your loot specialization.

While the Cache may work similar, the above item and items like it are not listed as a Cache like the Highmaul Cache is. The Highmaul Cache does just say "Contains a level XXX item from the Highmaul raid zone" and makes no mention of your specialization.
    Last edited by Organoth; 2015-01-22 at 08:15 AM.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2