Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i understand its taking a bit of the absorb away but its also a bit of heal which i like since switching over from atonement. im not saying its the best thing ever im not just saying its also not the worst. as of right now i dont have a major glyph that i want to use that i feel like would really affect my healing, so why not ya know? i feel like right now its one of those things that each player will just have to decide if they want to use or not.

edit: ive always wondered about logs, do you like actually have to record them or is it something blizz automatically does? i dont really hardcore raid, just with a few friends to have fun so we've never done logs
    Last edited by Princess Ariiya; 2015-01-24 at 12:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ariiya View Post
    i understand its taking a bit of the absorb away but its also a bit of heal which i like since switching over from atonement. im not saying its the best thing ever im not just saying its also not the worst. as of right now i dont have a major glyph that i want to use that i feel like would really affect my healing, so why not ya know? i feel like right now its one of those things that each player will just have to decide if they want to use or not.

edit: ive always wondered about logs, do you like actually have to record them or is it something blizz automatically does? i dont really hardcore raid, just with a few friends to have fun so we've never done logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/upload/
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/help/start/

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ariiya View Post

So you would consciously nerf your own throughput especially in situations where you have to blanket full hp targets before raid mechanics hit?

It's not a matter of personal playstyle when it's never a net gain in any situation and sometimes a net loss. Especially when Reflective Shield and Weakened Soul exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellspawnxx View Post
    So with Glyph of PW:S when we are popping PW:S on players to prevent death were also healing them alittle aswell.
    If unglyphed PW:S is 50k shield, which makes glyphed PW:S 10k heal and 40k shield, then there's not a single shred of difference using glyphed or unglyphed PW:S to prevent death to a low health target - both casts add 50k worth of ehp.

This has to be the most asinine thing I heard all week.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    Easy tiger. Lots of people on different parts of the learning curve in here.
    Best ignore or suggest a place to catch up when this happens.

You're a moron if you use this glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdev View Post
    You're a moron if you use this glyph.
    You shouldn't be in a forum discussing aspects to help people if that's all you have to add.

If unglyphed PW:S is 50k shield, which makes glyphed PW:S 10k heal and 40k shield, then there's not a single shred of difference using glyphed or unglyphed PW:S to prevent death to a low health target - both casts add 50k worth of ehp.

I think and hope he was sarcastic. Can't see that he's using the glyph on any fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You shouldn't be in a forum discussing aspects to help people if that's all you have to add.
    This is a discussion forum, not a help forum. I can add whatever I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdev View Post
    This is a discussion forum, not a help forum. I can add whatever I like.
    Flat out calling people morons is "discussion", in your opinion?

Interesting...
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    Easy tiger. Lots of people on different parts of the learning curve in here.
    Best ignore or suggest a place to catch up when this happens.
    I think the main issue is that he refers to himself as a "skilled"/"top disc" and then goes on to spout random bullshit as if he'd just dinged yesterday and doesn't realise how bad the glyph is yet, and he's done less mythic raiding than your average pug .

Well thanks for teaching me about this glyphs interaction with twist of fate and renew. Oh and thanks for the laughs Hellspawn and Ariiya.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Flat out calling people morons is "discussion", in your opinion?

Interesting...
    It's still a discussion, just obviously not a very constructive one. It's not exactly a mutually exclusive thing.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

It's still a discussion, just obviously not a very constructive one. It's not exactly a mutually exclusive thing.
    Sorry, no. The opportunity was taken for a few select people to make themselves feel superior...on the internet.

Discussions are ----> that way, maybe.

it does take away from our primary source of heals but the heal is very useful in certain encounters where predicting the damage is more difficult

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be worth considering this glyph if you were running a heavy absorb healing team?

I'm currently raiding as Disc with 2x HPals (Always there) and 2x Resto Druids (Not always there), and I know sometimes people die just because we can't heal everyone up quick enough because we are missing raid CDs and actual throughput healing.

I personally feel the glyph is just an excuse for not being forward thinking enough to pre-shield the damage (Unless people are fishing for ToF), but I was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    Would it be worth considering this glyph if you were running a heavy absorb healing team?

I'm currently raiding as Disc with 2x HPals (Always there) and 2x Resto Druids (Not always there), and I know sometimes people die just because we can't heal everyone up quick enough because we are missing raid CDs and actual throughput healing.

I personally feel the glyph is just an excuse for not being forward thinking enough to pre-shield the damage (Unless people are fishing for ToF), but I was just curious.
    No. Never worth it. Ever. Shield lasts for long enough that either they take the damage (and full absorb was usefull), or they live for another ~15 seconds (giving you more than enough time to heal them up with slow healing and hots from druids/paladins).

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyZ View Post
    it does take away from our primary source of heals but the heal is very useful in certain encounters where predicting the damage is more difficult
    Then the more practical thing to do is to learn to predict damage spikes better, not gimp yourself with a throughput/effectiveness loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Sorry, no. The opportunity was taken for a few select people to make themselves feel superior...on the internet.

Discussions are ----> that way, maybe.
    Whether you "feel" it isn't a discussion or otherwise, it still qualifies as one under every definition of the word.

Use Powershield not only as a perventive tool, I.E. pre stacking before a large damage event. We also put PW:S on players who have taken a considerable amount of damage to allow direct healers time to top them back up, without fear of oh god hes gonna die I gotta heal ASAP. So with Glyph of PW:S when we are popping PW:S on players to prevent death were also healing them alittle aswell. But PW;S glyph is situational. I often change glyphs based on the fight.
    This.

Sometimes people need to branch out from cookie cutter glyph/talent choices and use their noggin, swap things out depending on the encounter.

Skilled Disc Priests, such as myself in the top ranking. Use Powershield not only as a perventive tool, I.E. pre stacking before a large damage event. We also put PW:S on players who have taken a considerable amount of damage to allow direct healers time to top them back up, without fear of oh god hes gonna die I gotta heal ASAP. So with Glyph of PW:S when we are popping PW:S on players to prevent death were also healing them alittle aswell. But PW;S glyph is situational. I often change glyphs based on the fight.
    This, exactly. As long as the Glyph is not overhealing, it's pretty much as effective as not using it (not considering glyph of weakened soul).

Mythic Butcher is a great fight to use this glyph, weakened soul isn't a great deal here (except for the tanks) and the amount of time you have to get people back up in the last 30% is very short, so anything helps, really

Whether you "feel" it isn't a discussion or otherwise, it still qualifies as one under every definition of the word.
    Someone coming into a thread and only submitting a post to call people "morons" is not having a discussion, no matter how you want to slice it.

However, as I understand it, you are of a similar mindset to the person I originally quoted (please note: it was not you) and believe that these sorts of things are appropriate, so...carry on.