10+ Year Old Account

Questions re WLS Need Some Help

Can I get some general advice regarding running as WLS (I'm the lock)? We seem to really struggle against RMD and Godcomp and against some melee cleaves. Melee cleaves just train our shaman into the dirt and after shadowfury and fear DRing the DPS I can't seem to do much to help. Not to mention because the dps are dotted up my fears are typically broken quickly, if the dps arent flat out immune to begin with - ams, cloak, beserker rage etc.

Godcomp I'm really not sure what the exact problem is other than everyone being CCed for a day and half.

As the lock I feel like the bulk of the responsibility is on me and I'm not quite sure what I should be doing better. Any help, tips, or general advice would be greatly appreciated.

They are tough comps for sure. Against RMD, sometimes I'll leave dots off the druid just so I can get full fears rolling. RMD is a pain to peel, so your best defense is putting counter pressure, and an 8 second fear usually ends up being more beneficial than a 2 second fear with dots on him (of course, you should still roll dots on him during DR's). Generally, we'll train the rogue whenever he is out. With a warr on the rogue and the druid in a fear, the rogue will have to peel back. EDIT: If you trust your sham, you can go on rdruid and just try to counter pressure them. At higher ratings, I imagine rdruid is the only viable target unless their dps is really mongo.

I can't make too many recommendations on god comp though, I haven't faced it enough yet (not this season). Both mage and spriest are solid targets to kill. Last season as WMD, we usually tried to keep the pillar advantage, and warr would go mass reflect. Ultimately the pillars will be your best friend, and use reflect to prevent cc chains. As a lock, you might want to reserve shadowfury for guise -> feather -> fear. And hold trinkets as long as possible.

Both of those comps usually rely on some burst window to land kills. As a lock, I usually fear bomb one of the dps 3x during those windows. Even if the fears break right away, they aren't going to land the kill as just one person. If they are careless, it'll force a trinket--and then you can punish them.
    Last edited by Saladfork; 2015-01-23 at 02:29 AM.

Deleted
    Not sure how to handle them, maybe you can go to cdew his stream and watch past
    broadcasts, I know he's been playing some WLS.
    First thing that pops in my mind is that maybe you shouldnt play SF
    but go shockwave and howl, atleast vs rmd that seems like a good way to peel.

Maybe ill go check them out aswell because i have no idea how a rsham can survive (when playing wls)
    against comps like turbo-tsg-rmd-kittycleave.