Thread: Tier in BRF

Tier in BRF

So with Tier coming up in BRF, how are we going to be handling normal/heroic tier gear with highmaul mythic gear? Is it going to be a dps increase to use normal/heroic tier over Highmaul mythic pieces or just try to replace lowest ilvl gear first before replacing mythic HM gear? It seems that our tier isn't that much of a dps increase as it is compared to other classes going off of https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sle=true#gid=0. Aff/destro have a higher increase in dps from 2pc/4pc but demo is overall better in terms of dps so should we let the better classes get tier first?

Would be nice to figure out because obviously cutting edge guilds are going to be giving tier to the classes that benefit the most from it first.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to remember that this table is Single Target only.

Some tier bonuses grow exponentially more powerful with adds/AoE situations... for example 4pc Demo... can be simply disgusting good on any fight with adds or AoE. 2pc Destruction could have insane AoE power and 4pc could work with Havoc.

And I bet other classes have such hidden caveats as well, something that a simple single target SIM can't reveal (or it's APL is not tuned well enough to actually use it good).

I completely agree with what you are saying, I am just trying to figure out if the potential downgrade of 20ivls is worth it for normal/heroic Tier. Probably not so much normal tier but I could be wrong in the sense that the bonus will out weigh the ilvl difference. Guess it would be best to sim it but then again thats just ST

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you would go by Simulationcraft alone then you could just try calculating by normalized deltas.

For example, if Demonology @ ilvl 695 is simmed to be 45299 DPS and @ ilvl 665 is 32332 DPS, then it means 30ilvls give 12967 DPS boost... divide that number by 30 and you get that every ilvl gives 432 DPS (normalized).

In the spreadsheet you see that 0>4pc equals 2266 DPS gain, so this means that if you have to drop your total ilvl by more than 6 to go from 0 to 4pc T17, then it is a loss in Single Target scenario.

Of course this is a very coarse very approximate conclusion which is based on flawed lab test that has nothing to do with reality, so really, don't take that as some sort of fact.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemo View Post
    I completely agree with what you are saying, I am just trying to figure out if the potential downgrade of 20ivls is worth it for normal/heroic Tier. Probably not so much normal tier but I could be wrong in the sense that the bonus will out weigh the ilvl difference. Guess it would be best to sim it but then again thats just ST
    If you need to use one piece of normal tier to make 4piece, potentially. Anymore then that, very unlikely.