Deleted

Prot Challenge Mode gear questions

Hi, I'm going to do gold WoD challenge mode dungeons as prot (like I did in MoP), but I'm struggling at choosing the stat priority, looking at the recent spec changes.

I have this build: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...2021111!YfPMqJ
    Talents: Speed of Light or Pursuit of Justice? - Fist of Justice - Sacred Shield - Unbreakable Spirit - Sanctified Wrath or Holy Avenger? - Light's Hammer - Seraphim
    Glyphs: Final Wrath - Divine Protection - Alabaster Shield
    Enchants: Mark of Blackrock in weapon and Crit on the rest of the gear.
    Trinkets: Bronzed Elekk Statue (stamina+bonus armor proc) and Evergaze Arcane Eidolon (mastery+bonus armor proc)

In the 1st and the 5th talent tree I have some doubts. The rest seems just fine for me, but some advice would also be cool.

But the biggest doubt that I have it's the stat priority on the gear. Bonus armor is obviously the best on the possible slots, and with Seraphim, Crit seems the 2nd best stat. Then what should be the 3rd best stat? Mastery or Versatility? I can't see Haste working well on CMs with such low item lvl even with the recent buffs. I know the stat priority isn't essential as it was before in MoP CMs, but I want to know those things to make the best choice.

Thanks a lot.

Deleted
    Bump.

Any thoughts would be very appreciated.

There's already 2-3 topics regarding CMs as prot, I would suggest looking at those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkla View Post
    There's already 2-3 topics regarding CMs as prot, I would suggest looking at those.
    I know there are more threads about this recently, but some are newer than mine, and here I ask more things about CMs apart from gear.
    Last edited by mmocc1ecc6cc82; 2015-01-25 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    I only have 4 golds down - a big reason is down to low dps (yay for pugging). Unfortunately the nerfs to seraphim hit us also pretty hard because the extra stat points was massive in CMs. Whatever you do, make sure you have high DPS DPSers because the lack of an aoe grip+army that DKs bring is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Regarding your specific questions:
    HA/SW: I've used HA over SW since it gives another cooldown for trash packs and is a nice DPS boost (i combine it with Pol's). I didn't really consider SW but (with no numbers to argue it), I feel that you want to ensure you are under cooldown for big pulls rather than having a more regular HP generation. The massive execute DPS from SW I don't know if it is needed (how many can you fit in on trash pulls - 1 maybe 2?). Make sure to not use focused wrath when you need to stun mobs (in particular demon part of auchouindon)

Trinkets, you don't need/can't afford stam if going for gold. Need your tank dps. Personally i'm running HA+Pols and Alch trinket as second one. If you have a scabbard use that in a slot for more DPS. Try to finish the previous trash pack with 3-5 HP so you can pull next with Sera immediately.

Stats: agreed that haste is not so good in CMs. Crit gives me the best performance - not sure between versa/mastery. I am busy replacing my haste pieces for raiding with something with crit on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    I only have 4 golds down - a big reason is down to low dps (yay for pugging). Unfortunately the nerfs to seraphim hit us also pretty hard because the extra stat points was massive in CMs. Whatever you do, make sure you have high DPS DPSers because the lack of an aoe grip+army that DKs bring is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Regarding your specific questions:
    HA/SW: I've used HA over SW since it gives another cooldown for trash packs and is a nice DPS boost (i combine it with Pol's). I didn't really consider SW but (with no numbers to argue it), I feel that you want to ensure you are under cooldown for big pulls rather than having a more regular HP generation. The massive execute DPS from SW I don't know if it is needed (how many can you fit in on trash pulls - 1 maybe 2?). Make sure to not use focused wrath when you need to stun mobs (in particular demon part of auchouindon)

Trinkets, you don't need/can't afford stam if going for gold. Need your tank dps. Personally i'm running HA+Pols and Alch trinket as second one. If you have a scabbard use that in a slot for more DPS. Try to finish the previous trash pack with 3-5 HP so you can pull next with Sera immediately.

Stats: agreed that haste is not so good in CMs. Crit gives me the best performance - not sure between versa/mastery. I am busy replacing my haste pieces for raiding with something with crit on it.
    Pugging requires a lot of patience, good luck with the rest of the golds
    I will do the CMs with some 8/9M Highmaul friends, and I'm a little bit experienced at doing damage as tank, so I don't think DPS will be an issue. The party would be like: Prot Paladin / Disc Priest or RDruid / Frost Mage / BM Hunter / Demo or Destro Lock.

The HA choice seems legit.

Talking about trinkets, I have Scabbard but I'm not sure about the 1'5m downtime (2m if you wanna sync it with HA). I don't have Alchemy with my paladin ATM.

I've seen Klosterbro (a Method player that does CM World Records) using Elekk's Bronzed Statue with his Blood DK in a stream, so I tought the Bonus Armor proc was worth it for survivability/DPS balance. Evergaze Arcane Eidolon it's another trinket with a huge Bonus Armor proc. What do you think?

Go for scabbard + eidolon

or Tectus Beating hart + eidolon