Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PTR Changes up (not tooltips!)

Warlock

Talents

• Cataclysm now also applies Unstable Affliction for Affliction Warlocks.
    • Charred Remains (Destruction) now reduces Incinerate damage by only 50% (down from reducing Incinerate damage by 60%).
    • Grimoire of Sacrifice (Affliction, Destruction) now increases damage of affected spells by 25% (up from 20%).
    • Grimoire of Service now summons a second demon for 25 seconds (up from 20 seconds).
    • Kil'jaeden's Cunning now has a 35-second cooldown (down from 1 minute).

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...r-patch-notes/

Deleted
    I'm not excited for anything of this.

Ehauehaueh, MF is so trash that they rather forget and redo it on 7.0 than trying to balance that crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I am a bit excited, because now Charred Remains/GoSac is definitely viable (and probably preferred even), but on the other hand Demo still shits over Destruction, so ultimately it's pointless without any additional Destruction bump.

I do suspect that this is merely the first batch and real deal comes at next PTR version.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-01-24 at 02:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well, I am a bit excited, because now Charred Remains/GoSac is definitely viable (and probably preferred even), but on the other hand Demo still shits over Destruction, so ultimately it's pointless without any additional Destruction bump.

I do suspect that this is merely the first batch and real deal comes at next PTR version.
    Let's hope that is the case, because this is very lackluster. Bad design, better numbers, not really helping anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is dumb.

Our damage is fine!

Our class design is not...

Just swallow your fucking pride and give us back FF.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2015-01-24 at 02:26 AM.

KjC on a 35 second cooldown is such a strange cooldown. Why not 40? Why not 30? Why 35?

Haven't you heard?

It's a highly iterative process.

I'm sure we'll get to those eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Ehauehaueh, MF is so trash that they rather forget and redo it on 7.0 than trying to balance that crap.
    so true.....that talent hasn't really been touched and they know it's a crap talent and are just ignoring it......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Just swallow your fucking pride and give us back FF.
    yes yes yes yes yes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    KjC on a 35 second cooldown is such a strange cooldown. Why not 40? Why not 30? Why 35?
    Low/high enough we won't be using it twice for every (glyphed) dark soul, is first thing that came to mind when I saw that
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Destruction would feel so much smoother with Fel Flame back. Demonology already has ToC for movement so doesn't need it. But if they would bring back Fel Flame exclusively for Destro, it would be the BEST thing they could do for the spec.

In MoP they increased the mana cost so much that it wasn't spammable anyway, so it's not a replacement for KJC or anything. It's just something the spec needs to feel good.

The buffs to Charred Remains and GoSac are very welcomed. Although I've been loving Demo lately, when I do play Destro I'm really tired of Demonic Servitude and that big ass Terrorguard. Looking forward to playing a CR build if the damage is right.
    Last edited by Bridius; 2015-01-24 at 02:59 AM.

I mean I like buffs, but...

I still feel like we take talents to not completely suck at something. Not so that we can excel at something.

Or best case scenario, so that the style in which we do things changes.

What they should do is make it like Ice Floes is.

Also they need Warlocks to have an awkward CD.....wouldn't be Warlock if we didn't?

Edit: Only class that has a personal 10 minute DPS CD. Lust/Heroism isn't personal so I wouldn't count that.

Don't forget the buff for Affliction with Cata. That is a nice increase for aoe fights. Even 2 targets....
    Last edited by Cyberthug32; 2015-01-24 at 05:35 AM.

Not fixing FnB + RoF. Genuinely shocked.

GoSac + CR? Lose that ~30% of your damage from your Terrorguard that's completely immune to movement? Now you're completely immobile.
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2015-01-24 at 04:39 AM.

This is the "other 15%" bullshit they were talking about? my god...

time to keep levelling that warrior.

They fail to understand our class is flawed from the way it plays not the numbers we put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Don't forget the buff for Affliction with CR. That is a nice increase for aoe fights. Even 2 targets....
    CR you mean charred remains? Affliction doesnt have access to that......

I'm assuming they meant cata.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably to make it line up badly with movement mechanics so we still can't time it for every one.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

I'll wait for the next expansion for any useful changes.