What Does 6.1 Mean for Ret?

So as it says in the notes

Empowered Seals (Protection, Retribution) has been improved. Liadrin’s Righteousness now increases haste by 20% (up from 15%). Uther’s Insight now heals the Paladin for 2% of maximum health (up from 1%).

Does this mean this will finally get some use? I know nothing is official but just wondering.

7+ Year Old Account
    Until seraphim and fv are completely non viable I will not roll empseals. I can't stand it

An extra 5% haste really isn't going to be enough to make it in any way superior to the other two L100 options in current or upcoming content. PTR testing is just starting, so we'll see where things go from here.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwiggiiles View Post
    So as it says in the notes

Empowered Seals (Protection, Retribution) has been improved. Liadrin’s Righteousness now increases haste by 20% (up from 15%). Uther’s Insight now heals the Paladin for 2% of maximum health (up from 1%).

Does this mean this will finally get some use? I know nothing is official but just wondering.
    They said 6.1 wont be tied to BRF release, my guess is it's gonna be released after BRF is launched. This means by the time we get to 6.1 we'll have T17 2p/4p in our hands and playing with EmpSeal + T17 4p would be a nightmare. For future tiers and tier sets it might get on top of other 2 choices depending on tier sets and encounters.

TLDR. It wont get used cause we'll be using T17 4p with DP+FV combo. T174p + EmpS reqs alot of mirco managment and it does less dps the DP+FV with T174p.

I'm kinda new to rets, but i'm not new to wow nor mmo-champion.

As monoroth said, EmpS asks for perfection to be viable, taking into account 2p and 4p bonus. FV is going to top probably

More ontopic, I'm a little afraid for rets; with the incoming buffs to other classes I no longer see ret as a topmiddle dps, more like a bottom or bottommiddle dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennkra View Post

As monoroth said, EmpS asks for perfection to be viable, taking into account 2p and 4p bonus. FV is going to top probably

More ontopic, I'm a little afraid for rets; with the incoming buffs to other classes I no longer see ret as a topmiddle dps, more like a bottom or bottommiddle dps.
    This. Definately this. We're already getting outdpsed by equal geared classes as it is, but now they are further buffing them whilst leaving ret in the dust. We're aiming for dead last at this rate

Quote Originally Posted by Kennkra View Post

Wow never even thought about that, but hey things are due to change right? It is just the start of the PTR

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monoroth View Post
    They said 6.1 wont be tied to BRF release, my guess is it's gonna be released after BRF is launched. This means by the time we get to 6.1 we'll have T17 2p/4p in our hands and playing with EmpSeal + T17 4p would be a nightmare. For future tiers and tier sets it might get on top of other 2 choices depending on tier sets and encounters.

TLDR. It wont get used cause we'll be using T17 4p with DP+FV combo. T174p + EmpS reqs alot of mirco managment and it does less dps the DP+FV with T174p.
    Yeah I know it isn't going to be tied with the BRF release date but when it comes up this weekend this build will indeed have the changes and everything, so was just wondering I mean to be honest we didn't really get a nerf or buff, while other classes did =/