Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard rock / metal & EDM mostly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Metal: death, black, doom, sludge, avant-garde, viking, power, progressive, drone, stoner, thrash, NWOBHM, heavy, alternative, folk, blackgaze.
    Rock: progressive, kraut, post-rock, shoegaze, psychedelic, hard, experimental, stoner, alternative, post-punk, punk, new wave, grunge, art, some indie.
    Jazz: modal, cool, free, avant-garde, fusion, hard bop, post-bop, dark.
    Electronic: downtempo (+trip hop), IDM, ambient techno, synthpop, progressive.
    Classical: modern, romanticism, minimalism, select pieces of classical and baroque periods.
    Hip Hop: select pieces of 90's east coast, some plunderphonics, some conscious, whatever the fuck Madvillainy is.
    Folk: americana, neofolk, dark, some singer/songwriter.
    Other more abstract genres: ambient (+dark & space), drone, videogame music (mainly 90's nostalgia).
    So, like everything except for opera, country and dubstep?

:P
    Thundercunts and stuff

Last edited by Lord Havik; 2015-01-25 at 12:33 AM.
    ~RAWR!

Quite a few different tastes.
    Normal days Drum and Bass or Jrock but I'll take a listen to about anything except Rap/Modern Country or dubstep.
    As for artists? Anything from Hospital Records is going to be a win. You can't go wrong with most of Viper Records, Shogun Audio or Ram Records stuff either.

Deleted
    I listen all kinds of music, from electronic to progressive metal and anywhere in between. Lately it's been one of my trance seasons, Saltwater - The Legacy (Alphazone mix) has been a tune I've been repeatedly listening to. So beautiful, so dreamy. Getting goosebumps.

I listen to everything but honestly most of them do express my feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that I have a preference. Looking over my playlists I have some of everything: rock, folk, dance, pop, hip-pop, country, classical.

It's all good. Depends on my mood and what I'm doing (e.g., I listen to classical/instrumental when I'm writing).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a broad taste of music. There's no genre in existence that does not have something to offer for me.
    But, I still have some preferences.
    I am extremely quality oriented. Music is a skill and craft. And I simply enjoy better musicians more than not so highly skilled ones.
    The empathy, and with that the majority of music I regularly listen to is Rock music.
    Especially Prog Rock, since it harbors the highest skilled musicians and composers, of modern music.
    My ultimate favorite along those lines...
    Rick Wakeman, that man is a genius and wizard on keyboards. He's the by me most admired musician and composer there is in existence.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

These days I'm not as willing to search for good music as I was in past so I generally listen to Drum and Bass that is 5+ years old. Sometimes I browse YouTube when I hear an interesting song on Twitch (and actually find its name in the Darude - Sandstorm spam).
    But other than DnB, I listen to electro-swing, glitch hop and whatever genre Gramatik, Celldweller and Blue Stahli do. I have a soft spot for violins and heavy beat and don't don't listen to lyrics in songs as I don't consider them important - so dumb or missing, I don't rate the music based on those.

10+ Year Old Account
    rap usually

rock/hardcore punk sometimes

Deleted
    97% metal, 3% game/anime OST's.

I enjoy

All in their own ways.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2015-01-25 at 10:02 PM.