Poll: Which Spec Deserves a Revamp?

Question Which Spec Deserves a Revamp? - Paladin Edition

Hello!

I'm making one of these for every class, and am going to pit the winners in an ultimate thread afterwards, to see what spec is the most popular pick for an update or change.

So which of the Paladin specs do you think needs or deserves a revamp? It could be because it lacks flavor and fun, the rotation is messed up or boring, or simply that the spec just doesn't fit the image of what you want it to be.

Keep in mind that 'weak' or underperforming specs isn't what I'm looking for, that's a balance and tuning issue. This is about the feel of the spec.

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy by miles, its awful in PvP, the Holy Power system is just broken as f*.

Ret is fine other than the lame last tier talents. empSeals, Sera and FV. inb4 ret is op.

Can't comment on prot.
    -K

Deleted
    Holy, the fact we are now a 3-4 button max healer is suicidal. Also the fact our AE heal heals for less than any other classes yet costs 3x as much.
    Oh and no real Raid CD is horrible.

This is a tough one. I feel like Ret has really come into its own the past couple expansions (from Mists to now), and I've always loved Prot. Both Ret and Prot do a good job (in my opinion) of conveying that sense of a "wielder of the light", while simultaneously being *fun* to play.

I suppose that leaves Holy as the obvious choice, which is honestly a bit strange considering just how far it has come since even Wrath. Personally, I felt that HP worked extremely well for Holy in Cata and Mists, but I would definitely agree that WoD has taken it a step back. Honestly, I feel like I could write a thesis about my dissatisfaction with the path healing in general has taken in the past few expansions, but I think Holy is most likely the one that needs the most help, with Resto Shaman being a close second.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

What exactly is the 'other' option in this pool, seeing as this is Paladin only related?

I'm enjoying Ret and Prot, but I haven't played holy. I've heard it's not great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    What exactly is the 'other' option in this pool, seeing as this is Paladin only related?
    Using Prot for dps. I even got an achievement telling me I'm "doing it wrong"

It's a hard choice for me because despite Holy's weak points, it's still definitely strong in PvE due to it's extremely useful "cleave healing" through its beacon(s). However, for the same reason that I also think that Disc needs a rework, I also think that Holy needs to be changed: Absorbs. They're still, quite simply, too good by the nature of the way they heal.

On a side note, I think that both Holy AND Ret need to have their defensives looked at. Combat resets and immunities are just too annoying in PvP, particularly ones on a one minute CD but nerfing those means that they need to be compensated elsewhere defensively.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

15+ Year Old Account
    Imo holy needs a revamp when it comes to holy power. Prot and Ret atm are working perfectly fine with holy power while holy is lacking behind on that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Other would be None of them, All of them (although in retrospect I should have added those options) or simply anything I haven't thought of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh holy is good in pve, but by far the most boring class i've played other then rogue (any spec)
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    holy radiance and light of dawn needs a rework imo - its just ineffective and noone is using it

Ret feels like it's in a good place right now. A few things that I dislike at times, such as Lights hammer and how I wish it wasn't ground casted since I despise ground casts on any class. But that's just a complaint of mine.

Holy, from the little I played it, feels clunky as all hell, at least early on in dungeon heroic/crafted gear. I do not like how aoe healing eats every bit of the mana pool up, and how very little healing it does.

That and the 100 talents for holy just need a revamp as they are just absolute garbage. I don't have that much experience though so I can't speak for others.

7+ Year Old Account
    From a ms ret and os prot Ivan say both classes are functioning as intended and are solid at the core. I have never placed holy but from what I gather they Ade a very niche healer. Topping meters on some fights and being bad on others

I feel like Ret and Prot both are good play styles and sticks true to the Paladin class. Haven't used Holy too much but they do seem to be at least unique in their healing style.

Deleted
    Holy (though I have no experience with prot). I feel retribution is kind of nice. It could be better, but that can probably be said for all classes and specs.

Holy is just weird to me. I used to main a holy priest and I was really confused when I started healing as Paladin... it feels like instead of proper interesting reactive healing, you have this mind-numbingly boring rotation you do constantly, which feels slow and limited by the crap Holy Power gain. I think the concept of a more rotation-based healing class is fine, but not if it's implemented like Holy is currently.

Deleted
    Main spec prot, was offspec ret - both seem in a good place to me.

I've switched to os holy for pvp and think it needs a rework. Holy power isn't doing anything much (I pool it for pursuit of justice) and the non-single target heals are too weak. It seems bland and a little neutered. Last time I played holy it was pre-holy power and just big heal/small heal, which was brain numbing. Now it's close to one heal - spam flash heal (pvp) or holy light (pve). (Yes there's holy shock and holy prism on CD, but still.) I did not try it in Cata or Mists, but from word of mouth, it seemed ok then.

Ret defensives are actually pretty good. We have talents like hand of purity, sacred shield, divine protection (divine protection glyph), if using empowered seals we also get a pretty decent passive healing buff from judgements with seal of insight. If we were buffed anymore defensive wise it would have to be so small that it doesn't change anything or so big that it makes us almost as good a tank. I don't see them buffing our defense.

I think Ret is in a good place right now. People said Ret was bad in mop but from damage meters on my side I was top dps in 90% of the raids I was in so I guess I didn't really notice it. Right now I am still seeing that but it's a bit more of a struggle which I like to see. In mop I didn't even have to try in order to get top dps in a raid, now I do and it's more interesting, I even made an account here to help myself knowledge wise. The only problem I have with ret currently is that the GCD on empowered seals should be removed. Even then tho it's not a big deal. Sera and Emp sim so close for me that I can actually just go emp as I like the play style.

I'd also like for execution sentence to be able to be used more often even if it would be nerfed slightly in damage but gain the ability to be affected by haste on both ticks and it's CD.

I think that empowered seals seal of insight should also be affected by the battle healer glyph.

I also think that Seraphim should also take 3hp instead of 5.
    Last edited by Yardu; 2015-01-26 at 09:03 AM.