Poll: Which Spec Deserves a Revamp?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thandrend View Post
    I dropped enhancement after 5.4 because I hate the play style ( I know it's similar to how it used to be, but it changed enough for me to not like it.)

Not sure what's up. I'd like to see it revamped.
    Well after much debate and playing Shaman for 8 years, Elemental/Resto for 7, and Enh for 1 (first year I Played). I decided to try Enh again, and honestly I feel the spec is incredibly boring (and that's coming from someone who played back in Vanilla which was pretty much auto-attacks and windfury.). At 660 iLv with Enh, and I'm going back Elemental. The problem I have with Enh it feels incredibly cluttered and boring. It's exciting when you hit your CDs, but I feel the spec lacks pizzazz. Obviously it comes down to personal preference, but I don't feel excited about it.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Deleted
    I main ele but I have to give top spot to my poor enhance brothers.

Enhancement for sure. Maybe I'm just biased since my main is enhance, but I can't help feeling like a massive log in PvP. Totems are incredibly clunky, I feel I spend so much time throwing down my totem one after another to stay alive that I don't have time to do anything else to gain maelstrom procs, which are incredibly important for survival. Also, at the same rate I'm throwing my totems down my enemies are pulverizing them (and me). I mean just look at capacitor totem. Don't get me wrong when it does go off it's a great ability, but the build up is just way to clunky. It takes 5 seconds to charge, the totem can be one shotted, and there isn't any kind of punishment to the person who does kill it. And the hex change, not being affected by maelstrom, makes me feel so much more clunky and unappealing in arena settings. Blizzard doesn't seem to realize how stupid it makes you feel as a melee class to stop in your place to cast for 1,7secs. The change didn't really help with the clunkyness problem. I mean even back in MoP when I felt awkward as enhancement is nothing compared to now. The thing that bothers me the most is how increadibly dependant enhancement are on mealstrom procs, and it's close to impossible to predict when you will get the procs because it's based on chance. It's not like with monks when there are specifics to their chi.

It's gotten to the point I've actually started playing other classes more because I feel so woeful about the spec. I doubt I'll play it much as long as it's like this. It's just not fun any longer, being annihilated all the time.

Elemental clearly needs a revamp as well since we share many of these problems.

Enhance has SEVENTEEN (17) damage spells/cooldowns - NOT counting stuff like healing, utility, CC, self defense, mobility etc...

That is by far the biggest bloat of any spec, and is one of the major issues the spec has.

At least 1/3 of that bloat needs to be removed, and on top of that Enha needs less RNG in their DPS and they need much better scaling.

Wow...that's pretty definitive given its only 3 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    I really miss enhancement of old with 2h and WF. That was years ago, but that's how I remember it.
    I remember it as being cool but boring. It wasn't really a spec so much as a single five minute buff spell. 2H Windfury was cool enough on its own that you were pretty okay with that, but the problem was that enhancement didn't actually have any mechanics other than WF to build on. Like retribution, it was really just a glorified auto attack spec. Unlike retribution, it never got a proper overhaul to become something other than "auto attack and some abilities with cooldowns that we added seemingly at random".

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    I really like ele, haven't tried enhancement. I've played all healers at high level and resto shaman is def. the most boring. With some more fun healing spells with nice visuals I would like it more. The only heal I actually enjoy using is chain heal :P
    Healing Rain is okay too, and Riptide finally feels like a proper "healing shock" rather than just Renew on a cooldown. I think the one thing restoration needs the most right now to be less dull is for Healing Stream Totem to be removed and that healing baked into other spells. I really liked how HST worked from vanilla up to Cataclysm, but 5.0 made it so mind-numbingly dreary that the spec would be more interesting if you just removed it.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.