Archangel > Penance Macro Issue

Hi all,

I thought I'd try a macro to cast Archangel anytime I want to cast Penance to get a little extra throughput without much thinking involved. It works "some" of the time, but then other times it will cast Archangel just fine and then Penance but then Penance stops casting right away and all you're left with is Archangel and a 9 second penance cooldown.

So, I was wondering if anyone else runs something similar and is having the same issue of clipping, or if someone has a similar macro that works without frustration.

Here's what I have:

#showtooltip Penance
    /run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast Archangel
    /cast Penance
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);

I've tried running the macro without all the /run stuff and still come across the same clipping issue from time to time.

Thanks in advance!

Lumi

Try [nochannel] so Archangel doesn't cancel Penance when you are channeling. Also, if you do a search for "Bubble Wand" you'll probably find a trick that will accomplish the same thing, because a bunch of priests wanted to channel the bubble wand while putting up PW:S.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but if you miss the deadline... You better bring the sword.

If there's a spell that you should macro with archangel, it should be PoH to use your Empowered Archangel stack. If you're soloing stuff, then use it with Flash Heal for the same reason. You won't run into any problems with non-channeled spells.

Yeah, why are you trying to macro Archangel to penance in the first place? Not seeing the benefit of that.

Thanks all for the tips, not sure why I wanted to Archangel into penance in the first place either. PoH definitely makes more sense, especially with the new 4pc bonus.

Cheers