View Poll Results: Backstab - Keep it positional? Yes or No?

Voters
305. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Keep the positional requirement

93 30.49%
  • NO - Get rid of the positional requirement

212 69.51%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Backstab - Keep the positional requirement (or) get rid of it?

Do you want Blizzard to remove the positional requirement for Backstab like they did for Ambush?

Would have been nice to have a "I am not a rogue" option. Most rogue players hate the positional requirement on backstab, but players of other classes like to point out "lol its not facestab".

Universally hated.

Remove backstab ->let subtlety rogues use Dispatch -> case solved.

It's interesting that you gents hate it so much.

I put up a post on the PTR suggesting we get rid of positional requirements for it and got all sorts of downvotes and pushback. It blew me away since I thought it was universally hated by all rogues.

Funny enough - the pushback on my PTR post was the reason I came here and created this poll. Thought maybe i'd lost my sanity somewhere along the line and rogues now loved the positional requirement and I'd missed something. Glad to know I'm not totally lost.

Now even though this was on the official forums, I'm still amazed that there was virtually no "amen" or "hell yea". At this point, the asshats replying over there are just giving Blizz the impression that we love it or something.

If you have an interest in seeing Blizz look at this ... head over and post. Hit the PTR and request it. They fixed Ambush recently and they are doing passes on classes this patch. They might actually be open to it if there is enough people showing they care.

Later and cheers!

It's practically nonexistent now, I can't think of a single scenario in mythic highmaul where i've needed to use hemo outside of keeping the dot up.

Quote Originally Posted by Senftw View Post
    It's practically nonexistent now, I can't think of a single scenario in mythic highmaul where i've needed to use hemo outside of keeping the dot up.
    You know... for like.. solo play...

They even gave Monks their glyph back.

Get rid of it but make it do like 20% more damage if you are behind the target
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

Get rid of it, for sure. Same with gouge requiring the target to be facing you. Position requirements are just obnoxious at this point, especially since nobody but rogue really has them. Just rename it stab, without the back, and have it do more damage based on having the hemo dot up. Boom, problem solved.

Man, c'mon. This was the same type of comment that was goin' down on the official forums.

Yea - I know it's rare in Highmaul, but it's still a pain solo as Nal mentioned AND you have no idea what future content holds. If it's rare, then why not just dump the requirement and rename it Stab? You want to wait for the situations to arise when it does screw us? And as rare as situations are ... they exist. For example on mythic Kargath late in the fight when there is slime behind him and your tank hasn't moved him yet. Wtf do I want to 'have' to swap to Hemo for at that time? Just let me BS from anywhere.

Seriously, think long term. I know it's not a deal breaker - but it would be a helluva QOL upgrade just to never worry about that again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
    Awesome idea. Reward the skilled, and clean up the rotation so we don't 'have' to swap to hemo if shit goes pear shaped temporarily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Get rid of it, for sure. Same with gouge requiring the target to be facing you. Position requirements are just obnoxious at this point, especially since nobody but rogue really has them. Just rename it stab, without the back, and have it do more damage based on having the hemo dot up. Boom, problem solved.
    Also a great idea.

If the adds on Imperator fixate you as you try to interrupt them, it's a pain in the ass/impossible to backstab.

THere is simply no reasonable reason to keep the equirements.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    On Kor'agh I was not able to backstab on several occasions.

When he is surrounded by fire/voids and not yet moved away.
    When I am on MC duty and have to free somebody they just fixate and you. Sure you can stun them, but unlucky Evis can cause them to stay longer MCed than the stun duration and then I'm back at hemo.

It's not game breaking, it's rather annoying though.

It's also annoying in PvP....

I would totally be ok with keeping the positional requirement, if they let us use weapons other than daggers with backstab.

Deleted
    This is something that has irked me for some time now. The times of unnecessary complications in WoW have come to an end, and yet we still have this old-worldly feeling ability that requires us to be in a certain position to use. Assassination has Dispatch, which is essentially the same thing as Backstab only you don't have to be behind the boss.
    There are times when you're not behind the boss and there's sweet f all you can do about it and all it does is punish you for either doing the tactic correctly or trying not to get bummed by the fire, the zones, the cleave, the mines etc etc.

To be honest, this really shouldn't be a big deal to remove and I'm surprised they've kept it this long.

I don't see why Sub has to suffer QoL issues where the other two specs do not. It seems archaic and outdated and is probably best if removed.

Old relic from the past that imho has no place in the game. This coupled with the fact that curretly using Hemo or not has been proved to be in practice dps neautral (thus making hemo bonkers apart using it as SV debuffer if needed) makes the positional requirement of BS useless.

There's no skill involved in staying behind the boss (it's baseline requirement to do the melee dps job) and it's more annoying than else.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
    To be fair, there's already an innate benefit to using it from behind, granted is only the mobs natural ability to parry but it's there.

I could probably live with it, if only they allowed hemo to work with sinister calling. Having a double or triple dps loss, depending on how you look at it, from attacking from the front just seems a bit much and exists only as an extra trap for new rogues to the game who think that Subtlety sounds cool (which frankly, if you picked rogue at the creation screen, you likely do).
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh