Thread: Flash Heal?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I don't actually, but that was some really good reading. I really like how he defines how each class plays. Now i feel i know a little better how to play my Hpally.
    For the record, that's Dayani's blog. This is Hamlet's, where he does podcasts with Dayani.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

There's a lot of talk about Sanctuary, but HW: Serenity isn't that much better. The +25% crit chance is far too RNG to serve as a proper ST burst healing tool, and I would prefer if it were a flat healing buff on ourselves to our ST heals together with PW:S and Renew. One of Holy's weaknesses is that it isn't as good at peripherally healing the tank (Beacon, PW:S, Penance or strong/efficient ST heals), and allowing HW: Serenity to boost PW:S would close the gap between Holy and Disc with regards to spot healing.

As for Sanc, I would change the passive to only interact with PoH and PoM, with each cast of those spells reducing the CD of CoH by an amount equivalent to their base casting time. HW: Sanc could be changed to a heal like CoH (same CD), except it would apply a buff for 10s (8?) that has each cast of PoH and PoM reset the CD of CoH. Essentially, HW: Sanc would turn into a CD for burst healing.

The goal would be to give each Chakra distinct identities - Sanctuary for heavy raid damage, Serenity for everything else. Sanc would be weaker overall, while situationally stronger and gated by HW: Sanc's 40s CD. It should also allow for more Chakra dancing and also open up more opportunities to be Serenity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    There's a lot of talk about Sanctuary, but HW: Serenity isn't that much better. The +25% crit chance is far too RNG to serve as a proper ST burst healing tool, and I would prefer if it were a flat healing buff on ourselves to our ST heals together with PW:S and Renew. One of Holy's weaknesses is that it isn't as good at peripherally healing the tank (Beacon, PW:S, Penance or strong/efficient ST heals), and allowing HW: Serenity to boost PW:S would close the gap between Holy and Disc with regards to spot healing.

As for Sanc, I would change the passive to only interact with PoH and PoM, with each cast of those spells reducing the CD of CoH by an amount equivalent to their base casting time. HW: Sanc could be changed to a heal like CoH (same CD), except it would apply a buff for 10s (8?) that has each cast of PoH and PoM reset the CD of CoH. Essentially, HW: Sanc would turn into a CD for burst healing.

The goal would be to give each Chakra distinct identities - Sanctuary for heavy raid damage, Serenity for everything else. Sanc would be weaker overall, while situationally stronger and gated by HW: Sanc's 40s CD. It should also allow for more Chakra dancing and also open up more opportunities to be Serenity.
    tbh I don't really have an issue with chakras as they are now, there's room to dance but not a huge punishment if you don't. Buffing the chastise chakra will allow even more dancing, I already swap and smite in downtime this will just make it more appealing

I agree. Unfortunately, Blizzard has gone too far in the wrong direction and minimized the passives that all classes have (this is very apparent for disc priests). Otherwise, they could bring back some old effects like Inspiration, Rapid Renewal and Test of Faith.
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    tbh I don't really have an issue with chakras as they are now, there's room to dance but not a huge punishment if you don't. Buffing the chastise chakra will allow even more dancing, I already swap and smite in downtime this will just make it more appealing
    The problem is that we're usually in Sanctuary. Holy is a great raid healer, but the problem is that we have to compete directly with Disc with both great raid and spot/tank healing tools. By allowing Holy Priests to be in Serenity in more situations (and making HW: Serenity a more reliable burst ST healing tool), it would shift the balance more towards Holy in that aspect.

This is just a personal gripe anyway, but it's getting tiring having Disc be the preferred spec for any fights where spot shielding can be used effectively (Mar'gok comes to mind).

The problem is that we're usually in Sanctuary. Holy is a great raid healer, but the problem is that we have to compete directly with Disc with both great raid and spot/tank healing tools. By allowing Holy Priests to be in Serenity in more situations (and making HW: Serenity a more reliable burst ST healing tool), it would shift the balance more towards Holy in that aspect.

This is just a personal gripe anyway, but it's getting tiring having Disc be the preferred spec for any fights where spot shielding can be used effectively (Mar'gok comes to mind).
    A lot of priests heal in Serenity. It's really good with glyphed BH, but mana-intensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    A lot of priests heal in Serenity. It's really good with glyphed BH, but mana-intensive.
    Yup, I'm slight biased towards the Serenity play style because it feels more engaging than the alternatives. Still, there's very little reason to swap over to Sanc on fights where you can use Serenity, and it would be nice to have a reason to swap between the two more often.

Anyway, my issues with HW: Serenity's buff being too dependent on RNG still remain, but that might just be me.

Anyway, my issues with HW: Serenity's buff being too dependent on RNG still remain, but that might just be me.
    Eh, I'd prefer it to be just "increases healing by the priest by 25%", which in the long run has the same effect, but at the same time is a bit too much like Grace.