Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    No, trust me, worry about the conquest points. If you're coming in this late in the seasons, your first weeks cap will be 8K or so. You can earn it all in Asrhan WHILE getting the honor gear and leave Ashran with 3-4 pieces of conquest gear, including the weapon, and Combatants in every other slot. The Blue-quality Ashmaul boxes (the ones you get from doing the Side Events in Ashran) -always- drop a piece of at least aspirants gear. Its USUALLY Combatants, and sometimes two pieces of gear (rarely). The green quality box you get from kill Treesus/Kronus and the Ogre always drop at least Aspirants gear and sometimes (30%ish) Combatants.

For this to work, yuou want to avoid the roadzergspamfest anyway. Find an event group, and avoid the main battle like it has an STD. Do the events, farm the rare mobs for fragments. Turn the fragments in any time there is downtime between events and you're just sitting around. You dont want to get killed and lose half of them - remember, each one is worth 3 honor!

There are both Honor and Conquest vendors in Asrhan. They usually stand right next to your general, unless the battle is at the last stage (and then they will move out into the courtyard with him). They are clearly titled (Conquest Vendor/Honor Vendor). You dont have to leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Im a little skeptical there. AVG BG takes about ~20 minutes and rewards about 200 Honor if you win (about 50-75 from kills inside the BG, and then about 150 from the win) with a chance at another ~150 from the box. So.. about 1000 Honor an hour if you win all your BGs (which you wont).

Youll get almost double that doing events in Ashran (the events spawn every 30-40 minutes each, and provide 250 honor) - roughly 3 sets of events/2 hours - so about 1500 Honor/hour base, plus most event groups will farm mobs and rares in between event spawns, netting 3 honor per fragment. you can easily rack up 1000+ fragments from just one circuit of the rares at Ring of Conquest + Madragoaster and Brickhouse... thats another 3k Honor.

Honor gains in Ashran are absurd. Ive been using them to buy the PvP heirlooms i didnt have already.

Now, i will say that doing BGs is a lot more fun. The Asrhan method is undeniably more efficient.. but you get about 30 minutes of.. sitting around waiting after one event cycle completes. In spam BGs at least you're always or almost always in the fight.
    Ashran depends completely on your server. On my server, the horde is dominating 100% of the time, thus not gaining that much honor/hr as alliance. In BGs you get the Gold Strongbox with a chance to get 620 pvp gear which can save you 1250-3500 honor.

Assuming you get into Ashran within 2 hours of queueing for it, it might be decent. I don't see much to gain from Ashran on my server; Alliance is 100% farming Volrath and horde dominate all side objectives and rare spawns. Therefore once you get your epic box from Volrath you can't get much else.

I have lost maybe 2 bgs since WoD came out as alliance, with easily over 100 played. Seriously we like never lose ever, and playing something like Kotmogu is 10 minute games not even. Glad sanctum turnins, farming bgs like crazy is the best way I got geared, 2 days with good luck on the boxes. Or get about half geared then farm 2s for a few hours and get the rest as epics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    not possible with the nerfs...try again
    Easily possible. Just killing the mobs at the event sites will give you enough fragments to grab 3-4K honor on its own. If your group does the rares too? Youll have to buy before you cap and make sure you dont turn in all your fragments at once to avoid wasting honor!

Good points on if you're Alliance or Horde and what your CRZ setup is like. If you're in one where your side cant do events... yeah, its not even worth going. Better to spam BGs.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2015-01-26 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ashran event farming, gives tons of honour and conquest, I was full 620 geared in a weekend using ashran.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I see a lot of talk about Ashran being the way to go... Which I do not doubt, but... I suppose you'd have to be abe to actually enter the freaking place!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I see a lot of talk about Ashran being the way to go... Which I do not doubt, but... I suppose you'd have to be abe to actually enter the freaking place!
    Yup. Sit in queue whIle you do bgs or skirmishes (which if you're reliably winning skirms you'd might as well do rated.) and it won't kick you of ashran queue. Just make sure to accept the queue no matter what you're in the middle of. Ashran is the most reliable way to start out for horde and is tons better than bgs though arguably way less fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yup. Sit in queue whIle you do bgs or skirmishes (which if you're reliably winning skirms you'd might as well do rated.) and it won't kick you of ashran queue. Just make sure to accept the queue no matter what you're in the middle of. Ashran is the most reliable way to start out for horde and is tons better than bgs though arguably way less fun.
    Blergh, sounds like something I'll do in the weekends then.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I have lost maybe 2 bgs since WoD came out as alliance, with easily over 100 played. Seriously we like never lose ever, and playing something like Kotmogu is 10 minute games not even.
    You're very lucky then. It's weird though, I don't think i've won a single bg so far on my geared afflock. On my honor geared holy paladin, I've only lost 1 so far. Not sure why that is .. maybe the healers I get on my lock are just bad or something.

Would like to update you with my experience last 2 days. I don't know if I am unlucky with groups or if s the alliance problem as some mention above, but I had no success with ashran.

I tried my server first and was asking for group in the chat. No invites but seen other people asking for group too. So I decided to start a group myself and managed to gather 40 people after a while. It was a bit mess...some people yelling "come here", others said "lets go there" and others just camping at hordes base killing NPCs there...

Then after a couple of hours and only got one chest from a "boss" in the horde base and very few honor since we did not completed events too, I left and tried the premade groups from group finder. I joined a group that was advertised for events and joined. But I had similar experience. There was no coordination and quickly ended up into a "bone collector" group. Next day was the same thing..

As I said, I may be just unlucky, but the problem is not that I did not managed to get enough honor/items, ut that I was frustrating 80% of the time. I just feel I wasted 2 days (no offence to people suggest me to do Ashran..cause probably it is the alliance side compared to my bad luck).

I am going back to BGs I guess cause at least I have some fun there and the win/lose ratio is balanced... The good thing of the last 2 days is that I have bones for 2 weeks work orders
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2015-01-27 at 12:00 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDotter View Post
    You're very lucky then. It's weird though, I don't think i've won a single bg so far on my geared afflock. On my honor geared holy paladin, I've only lost 1 so far. Not sure why that is .. maybe the healers I get on my lock are just bad or something.
    I have mixed bgs also...if we can get in during the multiboxers and bots we win pretty quick, otherwise I would say alliance loses the majority of bgs I play in by like a 40/60 split

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Would like to update you with my experience last 2 days. I don't know if I am unlucky with groups or if s the alliance problem as some mention above, but I had no success with ashran.

I tried my server first and was asking for group in the chat. No invites but seen other people asking for group too. So I decided to start a group myself and managed to gather 40 people after a while. It was a bit mess...some people yelling "come here", others said "lets go there" and others just camping at hordes base killing NPCs there...

Then after a couple of hours and only got one chest from a "boss" in the horde base and very few honor since we did not completed events too, I left and tried the premade groups from group finder. I joined a group that was advertised for events and joined. But I had similar experience. There was no coordination and quickly ended up into a "bone collector" group. Next day was the same thing..

As I said, I may be just unlucky, but the problem is not that I did not managed to get enough honor/items, ut that I was frustrating 80% of the time. I just feel I wasted 2 days (no offence to people suggest me to do Ashran..cause probably it is the alliance side compared to my bad luck).

I am going back to BGs I guess cause at least I have some fun there and the win/lose ratio is balanced... The good thing of the last 2 days is that I have bones for 2 weeks work orders
    If you're Alliance, that's exactly the problem.

Most Alliance battlegroups seems to just focus the boss. They dont contest the side events at all. Its the sole advantage of being Horde, really. The alliance usually ignore us to pointlessly farm Volrath and we get all the events.

Also - Tol Barad. 450 Honor every 2:15 for literaly nothing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    If you're Alliance, that's exactly the problem.

Most Alliance battlegroups seems to just focus the boss. They dont contest the side events at all. Its the sole advantage of being Horde, really. The alliance usually ignore us to pointlessly farm Volrath and we get all the events.

Also - Tol Barad. 450 Honor every 2:15 for literaly nothing.
    Last night i was in Trashran honor gearing my druid with a Resto set, we had just cleared an event cycle and had like 20 minutes before the next one spawned. So we decided to purge the alliance vermin from our base. We wiped them on Volrath, killed that annoying tree bastard, and generally just sent them packing. We crushed them so effectively that we decided to push back to the first flag... then past cross roads... then past second flag...

For 20+ minutes we drove them back relentlessly, over their bridge and right inside their own keep.

Then the event spawned at the Burial Ground.

Everyone fucking left.

Those few of us who wanted to stay and fight couldnt believe it. We were literally minutes from the first Alliance boss kill any of us could remember in weeks. A boss kill that would have netted us 350 conquest points and a slim chance at a conquest gear piece. And the vast majority of the two full raids we had all bailed because an event popped next door. An event that awarded 250 honor, and 125 conquest.

The Horde = Events/Alliance = Road mentality has set so firmly in the minds of most players now that they dont even think to question it. It just is.