Thread: [Ret] CM's

10+ Year Old Account

[Ret] CM's

Hello,

I was wondering if you guys knew how good ret is in CM's? I know that there's a zero melee dps sentiment towards CM's but I'm thinking that since ret pallies have outstanding AoE and burst (not to mention utility) we could be a BIG asset to any CM group.

With that being said... thoughts?

Also, does anyone know of a BiS gear for CM's?

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB advice, pst

I imagine SoK and the trinket from Teron'gor are BiS?

Can someone confirm?

I haven't tried running CMs myself, but I agree with that in theory.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    unless your tank is a DK, its incredibly difficult to do CMs as ret. Not having good AOE cc, re-castable single target CC, and the ability to just grip things all over the place makes us very unwanted. Sure we do lots of damage in CM but being melee means your possibly more prone to being killed.

As for how we would preform in CMs, it would be exactly like last expansion's CMs. Blow coolies on massive AOE packs and top charts. Then do ok to good boss damage. The only issue now is that we dont have any sort of control and our supporting ability means we end up losing some GCDs (sac is good, but you will possibly be forced to selfless healer people a LOT)

Ret is in a place where we have the tools to do damage, but we now lack the ability to support and control. I think an ideal comp for ret would be something like DK tank boomkin warlock and for healer i dont think it would be too relevant at that point.

Running CMs with more than 1 melee if they are not DKs can be very difficult and for some nearly impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    unless your tank is a DK, its incredibly difficult to do CMs as ret. Not having good AOE cc, re-castable single target CC, and the ability to just grip things all over the place makes us very unwanted. Sure we do lots of damage in CM but being melee means your possibly more prone to being killed.

As for how we would preform in CMs, it would be exactly like last expansion's CMs. Blow coolies on massive AOE packs and top charts. Then do ok to good boss damage. The only issue now is that we dont have any sort of control and our supporting ability means we end up losing some GCDs (sac is good, but you will possibly be forced to selfless healer people a LOT)

Ret is in a place where we have the tools to do damage, but we now lack the ability to support and control. I think an ideal comp for ret would be something like DK tank boomkin warlock and for healer i dont think it would be too relevant at that point.

Running CMs with more than 1 melee if they are not DKs can be very difficult and for some nearly impossible.
    Still, I'd like to try to do it as ret as I do not trust in my prot skills and I haven't healed since WotLK...

Does anybody have a BiS list for CMs for rets?

Deleted
    Stats should be Mastery/Multistrike. Sockets are disabled in CMs now so dont fish for them. Scabbard still incredibly good, and I would probably take another on use trinket to combine with Holy Avenger and AV.

Deleted
    I did my 8/8 Gold as Ret.
    Party was: Blood DK, Holy Pala, Mage, Warlock, Ret Pala
    I ran HA/FV most of the time. Sometimes I used DP/FV but i don`t remeber the instances....UBRS was one of them I think.
    I did not use specific CM-gear. Just used my raidgear (cant link armory: Ayunel, Blackrock EU)
    UBRS was the hardest. Auchindoun/Everbloom (surprisingly) the easiest.

DMG was really fine and the support (extra HoS etc.) is really usefull as well. The problem is that you need a group that has a lot of aoe cc without you...because you dont bring any.
    Last edited by mmocf36030382e; 2015-02-01 at 11:14 AM.