Proving Grounds - Tank

Im trying to get the Silver Tanking proving grounds done and always die on the last round.

Round 8 has far too many critters all damaging the guy and I cannot fear/stun/taunt enough of them fast enough.

It seems the voidwalker's taunt is almost useless and his threat generation almost nothing... Suffering either never actually makes them change target or takes 1-3 seconds before anything changes.

Are there any tricks I can use to gather agro on a large group? Or a better strategy for that round?

Im a destro lock using Shadowfury, GoS and Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it quite easily as destro with a void out iirc, and I don't think I was doing anything super special.

Maybe you could try as demo with the wrathguard and threatening presence enabled? And maybe howl of terror could be better than shadowfury as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Im trying to get the Silver Tanking proving grounds done and always die on the last round.

Round 8 has far too many critters all damaging the guy and I cannot fear/stun/taunt enough of them fast enough.

It seems the voidwalker's taunt is almost useless and his threat generation almost nothing... Suffering either never actually makes them change target or takes 1-3 seconds before anything changes.

Are there any tricks I can use to gather agro on a large group? Or a better strategy for that round?

Im a destro lock using Shadowfury, GoS and Cataclysm.
    I did it as Destro with CR for the heals, and Voidlord.

Back in MoP to get that achi done I went Demo and regemmed/chanted/flasked/food everything to stamina.

Not kidding. It helped mitigate the burst a lot.

Don't think that would work so well anymore. Would have to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Back in MoP to get that achi done I went Demo and regemmed/chanted/flasked/food everything to stamina.

Not kidding. It helped mitigate the burst a lot.

Don't think that would work so well anymore. Would have to try it.
    I did tanking gold as well in MoP, problem is that we've lost the tanking glyph now in WoD.

Have you tried the Abyssal summon? I mean the 10 minute cool down rather than the constant one as I find him quite squishy but he does have another taunt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Have you tried the Abyssal summon? I mean the 10 minute cool down rather than the constant one as I find him quite squishy but he does have another taunt
    As well as another stun, I used him on wave 8.