10+ Year Old Account

Tired of jungle changes

Does anyone else get tired of riot overhauling the jungle like 2-3 times per year? No other lane is affected by such broad changes. Jungle Vi has been my main source of ranked wins and how I got from B5 to S5 in the last 2 seasons but I don't play ranked much.

Whenever I take a break from league I always come back to changes in the jungle. Right now without reading ahead of time or wasting 2mins at the in-game shop, the new jungle machete items are pretty confusing. Then there's changes to the wights, wraiths, crabs and willow wisps? terrain layouts, probably camp respawns etc. it's just annoying to have to relearn jungling and efficient clear routes so damn often.

Deleted
    As a jungle main, I'm quite happy that they keep the jungle in their sights, it's nice that it doesn't stay stale. The core principle remains, always, but it's very refreshing to have to adapt and rethink your overarching strategy as a jungler every time they make sweeping changes.

Right now however, it's a tiny bit boring, in soloQ at least, all I have to do is secure dragon to dramatically increase my team's chances of winning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I for one like the changes, junglers feel a lot more versatile

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    I for one like the changes, junglers feel a lot more versatile
    Just what i was thinking, i love the changes too.

Deleted
    Love the changes too !

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like changes to other lanes, its getting boring out here
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jungle feels a lot more versatile? O.o

It made tank junglers worse than they already were, stuff like Shen jungle which I used to play often just isn't feasible with the slow clear time.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Shen jungle hasn't been good for a while though. It's not like the S5 jungle suddenly kicked him out like a few junglers. He was already on his way out when his passive was nerfed in S3, and then the shield nerfs shortly after pushed him out for good. His only bonus was his amazing ganks with ult, but with his clear already being one of the slowest before those nerfs, after nerfs it wasn't enough to justify him as a pick. Especially with Pantheon becoming popular in S4 and still remaining strong in S5.

The new jungle certainly changed things up clear wise, but as for who the dominant junglers are it's still mostly the same. Riot killed tanks by overloading bruisers, so until one class or the other gets a full overhaul we aren't gonna see much change in jungle champion diversity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Shen jungle hasn't been good for a while though. It's not like the S5 jungle suddenly kicked him out like a few junglers. He was already on his way out when his passive was nerfed in S3, and then the shield nerfs shortly after pushed him out for good. His only bonus was his amazing ganks with ult, but with his clear already being one of the slowest before those nerfs, after nerfs it wasn't enough to justify him as a pick. Especially with Pantheon becoming popular in S4 and still remaining strong in S5.

The new jungle certainly changed things up clear wise, but as for who the dominant junglers are it's still mostly the same. Riot killed tanks by overloading bruisers, so until one class or the other gets a full overhaul we aren't gonna see much change in jungle champion diversity.
    As Stonewall has also said, the new jungle changed nothing. Yeah it's harder to clear but it never changed the meta etc. It just made things much worse, also I was pointing out that things like Shen jungle were doable in the old jungle.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    You better prepare yourselves for the nid jungles...oh noes.
    Also casters talking about how they have seen nid jungles maxing w in soloq...in what world would you max w, for your traps sure but your clear is strong enough anyway and you need the early pressure with q and sustain dmg with e. I was pretty impressed with both performances, mainly the 1st game ( idr what that was ^^)

10+ Year Old Account
    That was Svenskeren on Nidalee.

Deleted
    I'm only tired of the jungle being reworked around lee sin.

Sick of seeing him after more than 3 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't exactly say that no other lanes have been affected by changes; the meta changes pretty consistently. Last season, renekton was the god of top lane, matched only by mundo, for example. Before that, shen and vladimir were pretty constant picks. Now, they've fallen by the wayside as the meta has returned to high damage dueling melee champs such as irelia and riven.

As for jungle changes, since the early and mid game centers a lot on the jungler choices especially in high elo play where the chances of someone hard carrying alone in their lane are so small, it's an easy way to cause the game to evolve and develop without changing literally everything. That dragon is useful but not vital for the first few kills, making it low priority compared to towers in the midgame whereas before securing drag was often a better decision than taking a tower, had a pretty big impact, and there are professional teams basing their early strategy on trading towers and map control for dragons with the intention of later on ensuring the enemy team can't get the 5th kill double stack. It's healthy and important fora game to develop. If it didn't, we probably wouldn't still be playing league.

The one thing that drives me nuts as a jungle main is the fact that I have no clue where to start anymore on what champs.

I dont really have a main; I vary who I play depending on my team comp... so playing all different junglers with their different start points drives me nuts...

Do I go Kruggs or do i start Frog? Maybe blue? Ugh choices.

All I know is fuck Raptors they hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    The one thing that drives me nuts as a jungle main is the fact that I have no clue where to start anymore on what champs.

I dont really have a main; I vary who I play depending on my team comp... so playing all different junglers with their different start points drives me nuts...

Do I go Kruggs or do i start Frog? Maybe blue? Ugh choices.

All I know is fuck Raptors they hurt.
    On Lee and Rango I just start red and go to wolves then blue. After that I either go for a gank or kill gromp, make sure you smite red at 390 health left to get maximum amount of health back.
    Hey everyone

Why not take Red last? I prefer to have red for as long as possible after first clear, so I can use it for more ganks. So I usually do frog - Blue - Wolfs - B to get jungle item - Red - Raptors (To get the sweeper buff) - gankitygank.

Now I am no jungle pro or anything, but it seems to work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I'm fine with them changing it, but I'm not too pleased with how they are changing it. The new jungle favors farming the jungle, not aggressive ganking due to a plethora of changes in the jungle, and the strength of low level towers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Why not take Red last? I prefer to have red for as long as possible after first clear, so I can use it for more ganks. So I usually do frog - Blue - Wolfs - B to get jungle item - Red - Raptors (To get the sweeper buff) - gankitygank.

Now I am no jungle pro or anything, but it seems to work just fine.
    Well it's much safer to start red because throughout the first clear you will have a lot more health.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    I almost always start Rock dudes on either side, smite them immediately for the stun buff, and then Rock->Red->Blue->Gank or Rock->Red->Blue->Wolves. Though that might have something to do with me mostly jungling Eve / Vi / Elise, and all of them have attack speed bonuses - so you get a little more out of the stun stack for them, than you would for other junglers.

Lately I've been adding Nidalee to my jungle roster fairly regularly, she doesn't benefit as much from the stun buff though, so I probably need to pick a better route with her. The key to Nid jungling though I find is good use of her Cat-Q to finish adds off - since it hits harder the less health they have - so I find until I'm a few levels in and jungling is just a matter of time, you can generally survive much better by focusing little adds quick and executing them with your Cat-Q so they stop hurting you.

It's not an early clear tip - but it's something I've recently committed to I thought I'd share - I now build either Rylai's or Fmallet early on all my junglers - less damage than rushing something more damaging, but even with Red buff I find ganks are somehow so much more effective when you have those constant on-hit snares

Edit: Similar note, Exhaust is maybe my new favourite non-jungler summoner spell - I used to mix it up with Ignites and such - now it's just always exhaust, snares = kills
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-02-15 at 01:46 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter