Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazaar View Post
    Yes... I really thought they would finally buff holy so i can stop playing the shitty disc spec. Well good job blizzard.#
    Too busy whining and crying over a "nerf" to realize that it was justified?

PoM healing more targets with less healing = same healing overall.

:|

And seriously, nobody is forcing you to play Disc. Holy is just as good. People really need to get this "Disc is epic and Holy is shit" mentality out of their heads. MoP is over.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

:|

And seriously, nobody is forcing you to play Disc. Holy is just as good. People really need to get this "Disc is epic and Holy is shit" mentality out of their heads. MoP is over.
    Your logic has no power here, Anon5123. {spoken in my best possessed King Theodin voice}

Deleted
    His logic has no power because it is none
    If you really read the entire thread, you would have noticed, that it doesnt heal "more targets".
    It just stacks higher and avoide a replacing bug. thats all.

And as los as Disc is stronger than Holy I am forced to play it.
    If you look at the Logs you can see which spec is stronger.

If you're good at holy, you don't need to play disc. It's not much better. In fact I'm not sure it's better at all. Also stacking more times = healing more targets, potentially at least.

The whole isn't equal to the sum of its parts, in this case. You're a thousand times more likely to get 5 bounces off than you are to get 10. Just saying.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-01-29 at 01:48 AM.

His logic has no power because it is none
    Very mature of you.

Disc is only "stronger" on meters. And only in highly skilled mythic groups.

I constantly top meters as Holy without problem, and have broken 50k HPS on H Butcher. Holy is not weak by any stretch of the imagination.

If you're playing a spec you hate just because it's slightly stronger, then I pity you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The whole isn't equal to the sum of its parts, in this case.
    Got numbers to back this up? All I've seen here is the other guy whining about PoM "healing less".

As far as I can tell, it heals for the same on PTR as it does on Live (both Live and PTR tooltips say 69% of SP), so I don't know what the other guy is whining about.

You're a thousand times more likely to get 5 bounces off than you are to get 10. Just saying.
    Uh...no? In Highmaul there is always raid damage on just about every fight except maybe Tectus. It is rare for someone to go an entire 30 seconds without taking any damage at all.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2015-01-29 at 02:32 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh...no? In Highmaul there is always raid damage on just about every fight except maybe Tectus. It is rare for someone to go an entire 30 seconds without taking any damage at all.
    The bigger problem is that with that many bounces, there's no way they're not going to start overwriting each other. I doubt you'll ever get 10 each once you get them rolling on the raid with hardcasting and WoM procs. That said, I don't see that the healing is nerfed myself.

Deleted
    When you say you are "forced" I suppose there is a guildlead demanding that?

If he really makes you playing disc for "has moar hps" - just turn around and run. Run fast and don't look back. There is no hope if guildlead believes the hps-meters are a way to value holy against disc.

Deleted
    No not because of the raidlead. Its just me.
    Well maybe your right. Ill just give it a try when 6.1 is here and I got my set bonus.

Disc is only stronger because of its utility. It's the preferred spec on fights where you can abuse CoW or if PW:S can be used to trivialize debuffs like Fixate or Branded. Otherwise, Holy is equally competitive on every other fight.

Except, you know, PoM still only gives 5 stacks per cast on the PTR

As far as I can tell, it heals for the same on PTR as it does on Live (both Live and PTR tooltips say 69% of SP), so I don't know what the other guy is whining about.
    No, but if there really was a "50% less healing, 50% more targets" change, then it's a nerf.

It's not that there isn't damage going out, it's more of an issue that the person might not take any damage to trigger it (esp. on bosses with randomized single-target hits, like Kargath), or it might just overwrite another buff; 2 PoMs with 2 stacks > 1 PoM with 4 stacks.

No, but if there really was a "50% less healing, 50% more targets" change, then it's a nerf.
    In what way is that a nerf? It's still healing the exact same amount, just spread over more targets.

Healing 1k to 5 targets or 500 to 10 targets is still the same amount of total healing.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2015-01-29 at 05:21 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In what way is that a nerf? It's still healing the exact same amount, just spread over more targets.

Healing 1k to 5 targets or 500 to 10 targets is still the same amount of total healing.
    In theory it's the same; in practice it's a nerf. You'll rarely, if ever, see 10 bounces on all your PoMs. 5 is hard enough when you get too many of them out at once.

Deleted
    still not even worth using

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Singing View Post
    still not even worth using
    For Disc. For Holy, you should be casting it on CD even without the set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    For Disc. For Holy, you should be casting it on CD even without the set bonus.
    ^This. PoM is still really strong even in highmaul right now. On most fights with good AoE damage (basically everything except Kargath, Brack and Tectus), using PoM on cooldown tends to make up at least 7-9% of my healing.

Here's my healing from H Butcher:

I used to think PoM was "not even worth casting", but now that I'm making an effort to hit it on CD, it actually heals for a lot. The 2pc is only going to make it even better.

Didnt they tell us some weeks ago they will buff PoM in Heal and Stacks?

But I really cant find a sign of that in any of the PTR patch notes.

Any idea?
    WoW is dead. They aren't doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    WoW is dead. They aren't doing anything.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-19533

Awful lot of activity and awfully high subscription numbers for a game that's "dead".

Looking over your posting history though, you seem to have an obsession with crying "WOW IS DEAD". Who ninja'd your weapon?
    Last edited by anon5123; 2015-01-29 at 09:34 PM.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-19533

Awful lot of activity and awfully high subscription numbers for a game that's "dead".

Looking over your posting history though, you seem to have an obsession with crying "WOW IS DEAD". Who ninja'd your weapon?
    He's right. Disc is shit. Wow is dead. Cata/MoP/WoD (pick one) killed Wow. Vanilla was best. /thread
    All of this is true.
    o/

He's right. Disc is shit. Wow is dead. Cata/MoP/WoD (pick one) killed Wow. Vanilla was best. /thread
    All of this is true.
    o/
    Next summer is WoW2, dawn of the disc priest.