Thread: Ahoo'ru

Deleted

Ahoo'ru

Hello fellow priests! First of all I apologize for my bad english, I live chez François Hollande.

I create this thread to discuss about the last boss of current brawler's guild, Ahoo'ru.

So far I managed to get him to 378K hp, with a 667 ilvl spriest (crit oriented). I really think I don't have the required ilvl for this boss.

My best pull was done with incredible luck, both on the side of the adds spawning points, and the side of trinket proc. I obviously use drums, flask and feast, but couldn't get a raid group for buffs (my server isn't much populated).

Talent wise I used Ins/ToF/CoP (tried PI but the results weren't satisfying since I already use a bloodlust)

I hate this fucking piece of sh... knight of the light... Aside from the bugs (adds spawning below the floor, or spawning into the wall, charging the boss but not consuming any charge...) and the stupid 10 seconds at the beginning, he has too much hp for me. (378k less would have been perfect)

What are your impressions? Have you tried him yet, or killed him? if yes, that would be great to share your experience!

I killed him with a much lower ilvl and some spirit gear (I main holy), but I also used turrets from the workshop. I highly recommend you do the same, they make the fight much easier. I used CoP and ToF, and I think the third one was SoD, but it might've been Insanity, I'm not 100% sure.

On that note, if someone manages to kill Anthracite, I'd love to know how, since the little robot thing that's supposed to help you take off his shield doesn't do squat.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-01-30 at 02:26 AM.

Deleted
    I'd say your best bet is probably to get an invite to a higher pop realm so you get all buffs and get all the angels up at the same time so you can get them down faster. I wouldn't use drums on the angels, the way that ended up working for me was to use drums as soon as ahoo'ru loses his shield, use PWS with reflective shield to pierce the circle of bubbles he puts around you, and remember to use your second pot asap. Oh and of course be on the opposite side to the enrage rain of fire

Think I was about 660 when I finally got him, so you can definitely do it!

As for Anthracite... not really great advice to give since I failed it miserably at ~660. Came back at 685 and just bruteforced it, shielding and healing as necessary. The stun mechanic isn't working at all so massively outgearing the encounter seems like the only way to actually do it at this point.

Deleted
    thank you both for your replies!
    I followed your advice thirteen, I created a gnomish gearwork and wait for turrets to pop