Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    This is so weird. I can see it nerfed after a while. The amount of gold you can get on a daily base with a bunch of lvl 100s is going to be crazy, up to a point where if you used your alts for goldmaking in general you'll probably keep them in your garrisons after WoD.
    The relative gold income will all be leveled out when they announce the game time for gold conversion.

For example, let's say it costs 50,000 gold for one month, would you pay that? How about 500,000 for one month?

Rather than nerf the gold income I think they will use the game time to level the field and remove 80% of the gold from the economy.

Everyone I talk to that has 100,000g + is saving it to pay for game time.. I can see that stockpile dwindling VERY fast, depending on this price.

That is why I don't think Treasure Hunter will be nerfed and why I think it was added in the first place.

Obviously Blizz is thinking ahead

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    People will just inflate their prices on the AH to compensate for this.
    see my reply above, I dont think people will spend money on AH when you can buy game time

Quote Originally Posted by WoWnicolyo View Post
    Are buildings still going to cost GR and gold to build after 6.1? If so, that could get expensive fast :O But otherwise, pretty smart xD
    They'll still cost gold, but if you're halfway decent with your money, you should have no trouble building and rebuilding your Tavern every few weeks. It'll be about 1k gold and 500 GR, which is easy gold to get and easy GR to balance when you don't have anything else to spend them on.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2015-02-04 at 05:32 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    The relative gold income will all be leveled out when they announce the game time for gold conversion.

For example, let's say it costs 50,000 gold for one month, would you pay that? How about 500,000 for one month?

Rather than nerf the gold income I think they will use the game time to level the field and remove 80% of the gold from the economy.

Everyone I talk to that has 100,000g + is saving it to pay for game time.. I can see that stockpile dwindling VERY fast, depending on this price.

That is why I don't think Treasure Hunter will be nerfed and why I think it was added in the first place.

What the...? Am I missing something? Who said blizz will be selling game time for gold? Only thing I read was that they are considering (not even confirmed afaik) was creating store-bought gametime tokens with real money, that people can trade/sell in-game for gold.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

see my reply above, I dont think people will spend money on AH when you can buy game time
    i think you're giving blizz too much credit. they rarely think ahead

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with your points. I'd like to add that maintaining enough gold to buy game time with in game gold currency on a consistent basis would require either 1. a lot of or 2. some smart use of the AH. That is how blizz will balance it (most likely option 1). the price of the tokens will be around 50-100K gold for 30 days. (about 12-25K for a week?)

Now this can be done, but it would certainly require people to make alts, run a lot of missions (with this treasure hunter trait), dailies etc. Even old raids, dungeons. Blizz might even do away with anti grinding mechanisms that lower loot on quick aoe mob kills. So for the average player who wants to enjoy the game, this will likely not be a 'fun' option. It would feel like you are forced to login and spend time in the game just to get that much gold. And thats the major objective of FTP.

Expect to see the cash shop explode as well, but that is a separate topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, blizzard does have statistics on average gold earned per day for each character so it will be interesting to see how that affects their final price for the tokens..

Meanwhile, it would be nice if chaud could come up with a graph for this statistic if possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    This is so weird. I can see it nerfed after a while. The amount of gold you can get on a daily base with a bunch of lvl 100s is going to be crazy, up to a point where if you used your alts for goldmaking in general you'll probably keep them in your garrisons after WoD.
    A bunch... how about the rest of us that have a life, and only 1x100? Why should the others spoil it for us?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    I agree with your points. I'd like to add that maintaining enough gold to buy game time with in game gold currency on a consistent basis would require either 1. a lot of or 2. some smart use of the AH. That is how blizz will balance it (most likely option 1). the price of the tokens will be around 50-100K gold for 30 days. (about 12-25K for a week?)

Now this can be done, but it would certainly require people to make alts, run a lot of missions (with this treasure hunter trait), dailies etc. Even old raids, dungeons. Blizz might even do away with anti grinding mechanisms that lower loot on quick aoe mob kills. So for the average player who wants to enjoy the game, this will likely not be a 'fun' option. It would feel like you are forced to login and spend time in the game just to get that much gold. And thats the major objective of FTP.

Expect to see the cash shop explode as well, but that is a separate topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, blizzard does have statistics on average gold earned per day for each character so it will be interesting to see how that affects their final price for the tokens..

Meanwhile, it would be nice if chaud could come up with a graph for this statistic if possible.
    Im guessing gametime will be arround 20-40 K, not between 50 and 100.
    100K gold is about 40 euros if i look on random gold selling sites, and i'm willing to bet they will try to expand their markets with this too.
    Sell gametime > Resell gold

They never said they sell game tokens for gold. They said they make game tokens purchasable by real money and then sellable by players in game.
    There is a difference, in the first case gold is taken from the economy, in the second case the gold is simply redistributed.