Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe they should start selling a pack for $500 that contains all the cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Maybe they should start selling a pack for $500 that contains all the cards.
    But they would lose half of their income that way *sarcasm*

IMO OP just listed some of the flaws of every single TCG, hence they're not counted as flaws.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I don't understand why someone thinks they should have access to the same cards as me when they have not put in the same amount of time and effort that I have.
    Because......

if all the cards were unlocked, you wouldn't have needed to put the time and effort into getting them either.....

then the game would be more about skill and knowledge of card selection than who has spent the most money or time on getting cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reworded:
    1. I'm not an instant master when I play the game. (I'm certain it's the most simple Card Games in the world compared to those such as Yu-gi-oh and MTG)
    2. I have to actually learn how to play in order to be a master. (There are an abundance of Basic Decks that are viable for at least Casual. Some can go into Ranked pretty well.)
    3. I'm still not happy when I'm good at the game, because I'm too powerful for Casual but not powerful enough for Arena.

Looks like you don't like the game. Want to stop?
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that there is a system build into the game for ranked play that if you don't have a bunch of cards it won't match you against someone with all the flashy cards unless there is nobody else available to play with right? There is at least one blue post about that.

I recently started another F2P account to see how close I could get to legend in one season without spending a cent, rank 3~ at the moment.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You do realize that there is a system build into the game for ranked play that if you don't have a bunch of cards it won't match you against someone with all the flashy cards unless there is nobody else available to play with right? There is at least one blue post about that.
    This is new to me, is it true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    That wouldn't make any sense, it has to be purely by rank only.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    1. As a new player, you have nearly no decent cards.
    2. To get decent cards you either need to spend $100+ OR grind for nearly a year
    3. When you get decent cards, you beat new players with ease

The game has a horrendous barrier to entry.

Such a shame that this great little game has been ruined by economics.
    welcome to every M:TG type card game ever

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    highly doubt it, my brother met full golden decks and the top-rank decks often when he started a whole new HS account.

Where does this kind of players come from?

In MMORPG what irritates the most is... interacting with other players.

In TCG what irritates them most is... necessity of collecting cards.

WTF?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    highly doubt it, my brother met full golden decks and the top-rank decks often when he started a whole new HS account.
    Advanced players can still do dailies in 20-15 ranks... There is no need to get to rank 1 if you have been there. Rank resets every month, too, so every player is down again until time to up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I agree with those saying you need tog rind first and I agree with those saying that it's in every TCG and that you should put effort in to get rewarded.

So how about removing that daily quest system, and just give new quests as soon as you completed all 3.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    2. To get decent cards you either need to spend $100+ OR grind for nearly a year

Point 2 and 3 are simply not true.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    When playing a regular Trading Card Game,

1. As a new player, you have no cards.
    2. To get any cards, you have to spend $20-$50.
    2A. To get decent cards you have to spend >$500
    3. Even if you're a rich guy and you dump $3000 on a bunch of cards, you're still going to lose to someone with a better understanding of the mechanics.

3 has a lot in common with hearthstone.

I "sold" my services for getting people the hearthsteed mount, the one that required you to win 3 games. These were people who had NEVER touched hearthstone so I had to,

1. Go through the tutorial.
    2. Use the BASIC card set and mage deck.
    3. Beat everyone who was trying for the hearthsteed mount.

I built a deck around just having good basic cards. Ogre, Taz'dingo, yeti, fireball, sheep. A lot of the time I would go up against other new players who were just trying for the hearthsteed mount and they were indeed terrible and easily beaten. But about 1 out of 3 games I'd go up against someone with a lot of bought or earned cards. Some dude dropped a ragnaros. His 8 damage fireball pinged one of my small minions and then I sheeped Rag. The guy had many other bought or earned cards as well. He didn't play well. He didn't drop any other big minions to force my sheep. He was a druid and had been playing mostly small minions and I just kept trading up, while most of his trades were either down or equal.

Since you only had to win 3 ranked games to get the mount, yeah, I was mostly playing at rank 25 and 24, but it was also the start of the season so there were players with good cards as well. I only managed to lose 1 out of every 5 or 6 games, and that's just how card games work. You're going to lose to bad card draw and the other guy having good card draw. You just need to build a deck where the chances of you having bad card draw luck are low. Decks built around one card or a couple of card combo are TERRIBLE. The one exception was miracle rogue but that's because it's known as a mill deck, its strategy was to draw as many cards as fast as possible. It's impossible to have bad draw luck when you're drawing 4-5 cards per turn.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

I recently started another F2P account to see how close I could get to legend in one season without spending a cent, rank 3~ at the moment.
    I doubt that very much. Considering i dont have a single legendary in my collection and i face of against ppl playing them every single day. Including on game where a warrior played, ysera,KT,Grom and dr boom

Deleted
    Because......

if all the cards were unlocked, you wouldn't have needed to put the time and effort into getting them either.....

then the game would be more about skill and knowledge of card selection than who has spent the most money or time on getting cards.
    Yep, if the game gave you all the cards instantly, you'd be #1 Legend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Where does this kind of players come from?

In MMORPG what irritates the most is... interacting with other players.

In TCG what irritates them most is... necessity of collecting cards.

WTF?
    Buddy, the OP of this thread equated buying cards in Hearthstone to buying epics in WoW, he aint the brightest torch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    I doubt that very much. Considering i dont have a single legendary in my collection and i face of against ppl playing them every single day. Including on game where a warrior played, ysera,KT,Grom and dr boom
    Most viable decks only run with 2-3 legendaries. At least that's the way it was in vanilla. Legendaries were crap unless you know how to use them.

I haven't played a lot of GvG, but from what I've been watching this new set created A LOT of really overpowered legendaries that are just too good not to have in nearly every single deck. Vanilla legendaries for the most part were crap aside from a few. Rag, ysera, Alex, and some of the class ones. Any deck that ran with more legendaries (aside from legend warrior) was crap.

Warrior is the one class that just runs with a crapton of legendaries because it's easy to build a control deck around 20 cards and then have 10 legendaries to drop on your opponent late game, while other classes require you to either play aggro (which has VERY limited legendary selection) or some other variation that doesn't leave much room for legendary cards.

Legendaries are kind of overrated. Not gonna say they aren't powerful, but they're easy to counter with CC or board clears, or just ramming some big minion into them. The one reason GvG legendaries seem to be OP is that they're either a PITA to remove, they hurt if you remove them, their OPness comes when they're SUMMONED, or if you don't get rid of them INSTANTLY they can cause massive damage just by being on the board for a single turn.

A new strategy (or one that's being used more often now) I'm noticing a lot is that people will throw down a legendary that forces someone to use a board clear/CC then they'll throw down an even more powerful legendary once that person has blown their CC/clear.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2015-02-01 at 12:28 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

its hard for someone with a lesser understanding of the game to really grasp what the op is talking about.
    but its true, i dumped that game like a sack of potatos.

no im not paying for "cards" lol

You are not very familiar with the game. Takes about a month of playing to collect cards for a deck that is good enough to get players to rank 4 and higher. And if that is too hard for you, you can just play arena where everyone is equal.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

The fundamental flaw with your argument is thinking more cards makes you play better. The only thing more cards does is let you play more decks.