Raid frames

Grid seems to be sub par atm.

any suggestions for addons for raid frames

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Compact Raidframe

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/compactraid

love it-- has simple customization and work great for all classes / specs
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

The big 3 for compact frames seem to be Grid, HealBot, and VuhDo. Without knowing what you find lacking with Grid it's hard to offer any informed opinion on whether you'd like any of the alternatives.

Deleted
    I've been using the default raid frames since the start of last expansion with good results

Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    The big 3 for compact frames seem to be Grid, HealBot, and VuhDo. Without knowing what you find lacking with Grid it's hard to offer any informed opinion on whether you'd like any of the alternatives.
    incoming heals dont seem to be shown anymore, group arnt consolidated onto their proper rows.

I use HealBot so I cannot tell you how to fix this; but it sounds more like a failure in configuration than Grid suddenly losing these features. That being said... those features are basic to literally every compact frame option... including the default raid frames.

If that's all your issue; you have plenty of options.

I used Grid for years, but switched to VuhDo for WoD. So much better in a plethora of ways. (for example, being able to show total absorb numbers on frames!)

I've used healbot since WotLK and it has always given me everything I need from my raid frames.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I used Grid for years, but switched to VuhDo for WoD. So much better in a plethora of ways. (for example, being able to show total absorb numbers on frames!)
    This ^.

If you play Disc, then you know how frustrating it has been for us to not be able to see absorbs other then Blizzard's shiny tip on health bars, before WoD I don't believe we had the ability to see absorbs in the way VuhDo is capable of doing it now or at least not from cata and before it. With the way absorbs are in the game at the moment they become extra health bars that you can keep stacked but you need to see numbers or a proper bar.

VuhDo offers numbers via an absorb drop down on the overheal text, I haven't gotten it to use a health bar style setting but seeing a simple number just off to the right of normal health bars just seams fitting.

The only down side for me is that I'm used to healbots visual settings for active buffs / spells which I haven't found a pleasing setup for on VuhDo yet, if healbot is updated and shows absorbs in a similar way I could be tempted to switch back.

In my honest opinion all healers not just Disc priests should have a way to see absorbs for less unneeded overheal and simply for a better visualization of absorb healing with less panic from low health players due to 100k shields and a hit per hit countdown on when it will break.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2015-01-30 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Grid2 offers that as well while a) providing a cleaner configuration UI, b) having much more customization, c) using much less resources.

Vuhdo is also what I prefer. Lots of options and easy to configure just like you want it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post
    Grid2 offers that as well while a) providing a cleaner configuration UI, b) having much more customization, c) using much less resources.
    Don't know why people are still using Grid when Grid2 has been around for so many years and has pretty much everything built-in. I know they maintained by two different groups but Grid is so simple it shouldn't advertised for serious raiding. I've tried to use Vuhdo and Healbot but I always go back to Grid2 since I'm missing some feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post
    using much less resources.
    VuhDo only uses 3-5mb of memory.

:|

Is Grid2 that much different than Grid? VuhDo just seems to have infinitely more customization than Grid did.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2015-01-31 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    Grid (1) was pretty much infinitely customizable, but you had to add stuff on yourself... Hell the base addon couldn't even show mana bars.

I tried VuhDo during 6.0 SoO and while it wasn't terrible, it just never felt right for me. I'm now using Grid2 instead and i'm very happy with my current setup.

I find Healbot to be great. You can customize the frames to be as large and full of information, or as compact and unobtrusive as you want. Also, the developer has a forum where you can ask questions and report bugs/problems and you'll get a personalized response quite quickly. I honestly don't know what I'll do if/when the times comes that HB isn't supported anymore.

elvui raid frames for sure. mine:

Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    I honestly don't know what I'll do if/when the times comes that HB isn't supported anymore.
    Vuhdo is fairly similar in functionality. I stick to healbot because that's how I learnt to heal in the first place and I'm familiar with its customization; and I've never needed to switch from it.

Grid2 works very well for PoH, CoP and CoH.

Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    Grid2 works very well for PoH, CoP and CoH.
    Eh, CoH doesn't need healing advice.

PoH and CoP does though(which Vuhdo can handle as well via cluster scanners).
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Eh, CoH doesn't need healing advice.

PoH and CoP does though(which Vuhdo can handle as well via cluster scanners).
    I used Vuhdo throughout MoP, but I made the change when they didn't update their AoE advice for WoD. After swapping, I've found Grid2's PoH and CoP's indicators to be a lot more responsive too. It depends on personal preference, I guess, but Grid2 has surpassed anything Vuhdo did for me.