Let's talk Disc 2 and 4 piece bonus

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of the tier bonuses. I'm a new player to disc, so I'm curious as to how it will alter our gameplay.

Well for Disc it will make it so we no longer need to ever Smite to get Archangel. That'll be nice.

The 4pc however, kinda meh. PoH is already quite tough to use, in that in order for it to be better than PoH, you have to be hitting at least 4 targets with 0 overheal. With Emp AA, it's definitely great, but outside of that, not so much. The 4pc just reduces the mana cost, which I guess eases up some stress from our mana pool?

Compared to the Holy 4pc, it's really underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Well for Disc it will make it so we no longer need to ever Smite to get Archangel. That'll be nice.

The 4pc however, kinda meh. PoH is already quite tough to use, in that in order for it to be better than PoH, you have to be hitting at least 4 targets with 0 overheal. With Emp AA, it's definitely great, but outside of that, not so much. The 4pc just reduces the mana cost, which I guess eases up some stress from our mana pool?

Compared to the Holy 4pc, it's really underpowered.
    Wasn't all the pre WoD talk that the 4pc would be amazing with spirit shell?

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    It only lets you get 2 PoH casts at -50% mana, 3 under haste trinket or heroism. I really don't see that being "amazing" for spirit shell.

You can't really blanket the raid with giant Spirit Shell shields like you could back in MoP. PoH just doesn't heal as much as it used to, in comparison to health pools. If you want to blanket shield, PWS spam is the way to go.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2015-01-31 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Was also before the 4pc nerf to its duration.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

2-piece would be great if they made it both a HPM and HPET boost like most of the other 2-piece bonuses. I would love if they just made the extra tick heal at the same time as the last tick of Penance.

4-piece in conjunction with SS + 25% Haste with BT (ideally 30%) is a throughput increase at a loss of a fair bit of efficiency, especially if you factor in the loss of synergy between PI and MB. I'm still on the fence with regards to SS + the 4 piece, but it may have some use on shorter fights. It would be nice if they would lower PoH's mana cost slightly or change the 4-piece bonus to be based off 2 stacks with a 30s duration. It would at least give a lot more flexibility as to its usage.

I personally don't think I'll use the 4pc given its current incarnation. It is just far too situational to be of good use, especially given the itemization on most of the tier. I plan on just using the chest/helm and offset items for the rest, picking up two other slots to have just in case, but probably won't attempt that until all the other conq users are outfitted. Our bonuses are quite underwhelming in comparison to all other healers, especially Holy Paladins and Holy in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffel View Post
    I personally don't think I'll use the 4pc given its current incarnation. It is just far too situational to be of good use, especially given the itemization on most of the tier. I plan on just using the chest/helm and offset items for the rest, picking up two other slots to have just in case, but probably won't attempt that until all the other conq users are outfitted. Our bonuses are quite underwhelming in comparison to all other healers, especially Holy Paladins and Holy in general.
    I'd get the pieces anyway, as the bonuses are very strong for Holy. I can easily see Holy overtaking Disc and becoming the best healer with the 4pc allowing us to spam PoM's and CoP's.

Ya, I want the pieces for holy as well, but unless you have two priests, chances are you won't actually get to play holy in a guild that is pushing progression hard because it isn't any different than any other healer while disc will always be favored in progression because disc priests allow for fewer overall healers.

POH is still a awesome spell to use. On many fights and theres nothing clunky about it lol. Im just glad its mana cost is reduced ill use it more now with eaa

It would be nice if they reverted PoH to proc DA on cast, not just crits with the 4pc. I plan on getting 2 and stopping.

Does the 2 piece give a stack of evangelism on defensive penance now or just 2 stacks on offensive penance?

stack for defensive penance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahdu View Post
    Does the 2 piece give a stack of evangelism on defensive penance now or just 2 stacks on offensive penance?
    Both. Defensive gives you 1 stack, Offensive gives you 2 stacks.

2 and 4 piece set bonuses for Disc?
    Where they are?
    I didn't find any on t17... Only found some small throughput nerf...

Quote Originally Posted by atilla View Post
    2 and 4 piece set bonuses for Disc?
    Where they are?
    Literally the very first result

seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Literally the very first result
    seriously...
    I clearly can google and more clearly can read.

I just can decipher in:
    Penance channels for 1 additional second and generates 2 stacks of Evangelism.
    When you active Archangel, the mana cost of Prayer of Healing is reduced by 50% for 6 sec.
    any bonuses for Disc

I like the 2 piece but the 4 piece is too situational to justify the stat loss.

I actualy found it detrimental to use the 4 pc.not only most of the time i was wasting the proc i was also loosing alot of mastery.So i decided to keep the 2 pc bonus which is kite good(using both chest and legs which have mastery) and keeping my bis mastery gloves and helm .