Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
LastLast
  1. #421
    Amazing Goldenyak 10/10 on everything. I would want to play Spider Kingdom expansion cause I think they got a lot of lore with the old gods and to the scourge with them. Also this Azshara expansion is phenomenal. Personally I would like to see Burning Legion one. It could have some more lore into this whole void creature Cho'gall and that sorcerer in Spires of Arak they keep worshiping, and who knows maybe Ethereals could join us against the void and the legion and could claim whats even left of K'aresh. But thats just my two cents.

  2. #422
    1- Oh Yeah!!! Final Patch of Reign of Azshara!

    2- Into the Void and Emerald Dream are awesome concepts, its really hard to decide. I will roll a dice in real life to decide (not joke)...








    The winner is... Into the Void.

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Not really feeling that Rift of Aln placement, that area should be pre-sundering Pandaria.

  4. #424
    Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    8,920
    hey golden yak i would make a patch for the emerald dream because blizzard said for it to be either a raid for N'zoth or a patch the void will be cool because there are so many unanswered questions about it that i will not say them here but after this there should be a other world expansion and after that an Argus expansion with kil'jaeden as the final boss and then an expac with the army of light vs sargeras and his legion with anduin as there leader and he reforms gor'shalach and kill sargeras that will be cool

  5. #425
    Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    12,845
    I know you probably won't get around to concept art for everything, but I hope there's some more to come! And maybe a couple dungeons in the last patch! And I say INTO THE VOID! WOOOOSHHH!

  6. #426
    The Insane General Zanjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Heart of Azeroth
    Posts
    15,329
    Is something going to explode?
    #tracerisawesomelycute
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ght=shada%27in
    Mods are bias

  7. #427
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halls Of The Guardian
    Posts
    3,621
    An expansion with old god final boss should lead to emerald dream expansion.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE , THE HORDE IS STRONG!

  8. #428
    Immortal rcshaggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Bottomless Grave
    Posts
    7,162
    The epicness is burning my eyes!

    GoldenYak I know a lot of people are saying you should work for Blizzard, but if you don't want too its fine with me.
    Just do something passionate about yourself ok?
    For the Horde!

  9. #429
    Man your art and concept is really good. Would make for an awesome expansion.

  10. #430
    Elemental Lord Golden Yak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Sunny Beaches of Canada
    Posts
    8,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    This is really, really good. I've been following your expansion concepts for a while now (first with Spider Kingdom and now Reign of Azshara), and while initially I thought it impossible to 1-up the Spider Kingdom, you seem to have proven me wrong.
    I really think RoA is superior to my Spider Kingdom concept. RoA contains far more original ideas and creatures.

    The Old Gods and their servants are my favorite enemies in WoW right now, and I think every additional Old God that is introduced has the potential to be distinct from previous ones, while still maintaining the general theme of unknowable horror from beyond the stars. C'Thun, Y'Shaarj, and Yogg-Saron all had differences as well as similarities, and I hope that when we see N'Zoth he's the greatest one yet!

    Looking forward to the next one of these! Personally, I'd like to see The Void as the Cho'gall/Pale orcs storyline in WoD was rather intriguing, perhaps this could expand on that as well? I always wondered who their "dark master" was, unless it's explained somewhere in WoD that I missed or something. Plus, being a warlock at heart, a ruined K'aresh with Dimensius as a raid boss would be super epic.

    That's just my 2 cents, either way both concepts sound great and I'm stoked to see what you come up with next!
    The Void elements introduced in WoD are what sparked the idea of a Void expansion in the first place - they're definitely my favorite sub-plot from WoD. We haven't learned of Cho'Gall's dark master yet, and at present my plan would be to have the main villain of Into the Void be that very entity.

    Thanks for the kind words!

    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Amazing Goldenyak 10/10 on everything. I would want to play Spider Kingdom expansion cause I think they got a lot of lore with the old gods and to the scourge with them. Also this Azshara expansion is phenomenal. Personally I would like to see Burning Legion one. It could have some more lore into this whole void creature Cho'gall and that sorcerer in Spires of Arak they keep worshiping, and who knows maybe Ethereals could join us against the void and the legion and could claim whats even left of K'aresh. But thats just my two cents.
    I had trouble coming up with a purely Legion-based expansion, since I can't picture their worlds as anything other than wastelands covered in fire, but the idea of visiting different ruined worlds that were swallowed by the Void was really compelling, and gave rise to the idea of the Voidlands - a 'world' where fragments of Void-devoured worlds survive. Fragments of K'Aresh will be there as shown on the map concept - every zone represents a different world that was consumed by the Void.

    There'd definitely be plenty of Legion forces in the Voidlands. It would also reveal more of the relationship between the Legion and the voidwalkers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Not really feeling that Rift of Aln placement, that area should be pre-sundering Pandaria.
    Oh, that map is not meant to represent the totality of the Emerald Dream - the Dream is far too vast to represent all in one go. The green 'sea' that surrounds the visible land is not water, but the roiling corruption of the Nightmare, shrouding all the other lands of the Dream in an impassable and deadly fog.

    The visible land is simply the last uncorrupted holdout region of the Dream - the Rift of Aln corresponds to the Maelstrom's position on Azeroth, and the region of Frostholt would correspond roughly to Northrend's southernmost areas (the area marked 'Hollow'Gan' is in fact in the exact same position as the Vault of Archavon in Wintergrasp was pre-Sundering - that may or may not be significant).

    The total surface area of the Dream map would be the equivalent of one of the other continents.

    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    hey golden yak i would make a patch for the emerald dream because blizzard said for it to be either a raid for N'zoth or a patch the void will be cool because there are so many unanswered questions about it that i will not say them here but after this there should be a other world expansion and after that an Argus expansion with kil'jaeden as the final boss and then an expac with the army of light vs sargeras and his legion with anduin as there leader and he reforms gor'shalach and kill sargeras that will be cool
    Yeah, I was disappointed to hear Blizzard take that attitude with the Emerald Dream. I'd been hoping for an expansion based on the Dream for many years, it was a bummer to hear that Blizzard had given up on the idea.

    I'm pretty sure I can come up with enough stuff to fill a Dream expansion though. When I first wrote up the short outline for RoA I did the same thing for the Dream, and the Dream wound up having even more ideas in it than RoA.

    I fully expect us to go to Argus someday, so I probably won't do an expansion about that - I doubt anything I'd come up with would be better than what Blizzard has in mind for the ultimate Legion stronghold (and anyway, all I can picture is a world that looks like Hellfire Penninsula).

    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I know you probably won't get around to concept art for everything, but I hope there's some more to come! And maybe a couple dungeons in the last patch! And I say INTO THE VOID! WOOOOSHHH!
    Hadn't thought of more dungeons, but you could probably set two or three out in Ny'alotha itself. And there'll definitely be more concept art.

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    An expansion with old god final boss should lead to emerald dream expansion.
    That's the idea. But there's room for expansions to happen inbetween Reign of Azshara and Emerald Dream.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    The epicness is burning my eyes!

    GoldenYak I know a lot of people are saying you should work for Blizzard, but if you don't want too its fine with me.
    Just do something passionate about yourself ok?
    I really haven't seriously considered applying. I'd want a much plumper portfolio with more 3D art and more varied 2D concepts before I'd even try.

    But I'm gettin' there.

    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Man your art and concept is really good. Would make for an awesome expansion.
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Star View Post
    Amazing stuff, that's pretty much all I can say about your work, Yak. Amazing diversity amongst the enemies and patches you cooked up, I love all of it.

    Voting for Into the void, been wishing for that since WoD.
    Thank you!

  11. #431
    Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    8,920

    Thumbs up

    hey GoldenYak Thanks for responding to me i did not think you would do that...um yah i would suggest doing a emerald dream expansion just to end on the whole N'zoth and nightmarish storyline so yah for me i will pick emerald dream mainly because i wanna fucking see how cool it looks .
    Oh and by the way i would suggest updating the into the void logo with it having shadow AKA twisting ether beams floating around it and for it having the two figures that your see in the dark portal and having a BIG purple pinkish portal swirling where the big globe thing is on the top of the world of warcraft logo now that would make a badass logo
    Last edited by HighlordJohnstone; 2015-06-11 at 08:53 PM.

  12. #432
    Most excellent. Now if only Blizzard could ever be creative again.

  13. #433
    Dreadlord Hawthorne Wipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    With Eartha Kitt
    Posts
    890
    Simply amazing. Such a great job!
    It´s exactly what I would want to see for the future of WoW.
    Keep working on it, sure it's gonna be good!

  14. #434
    Scarab Lord Mister Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,621
    Wow this is awesome. I'd love to play this expansion. What would into the void deal with? Just the nether?

  15. #435
    Amazing how this looks better than what blizzard is giving us...

    good job

  16. #436
    I loved the Spider Kingdom and I loved this too. Amazing job once again! I'd love to see both the Void and Dream expansions, but I'd prefer the Dream one first to complete this storyline. Excited to see what new ideas you'll bring to the Emerald Dream!

  17. #437
    Elemental Lord Golden Yak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Sunny Beaches of Canada
    Posts
    8,827
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    hey GoldenYak Thanks for responding to me i did not think you would do that...
    No problem, I like responding to people's posts, especially when they make good points. I like your suggestion of adding energy streams to the Into the Void logo - I was kind've stuck for bits to add so I just left it off. I think when I'm ready to expand on that concept I'll take another pass on the logo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Wow this is awesome. I'd love to play this expansion. What would into the void deal with? Just the nether?
    WoD's made it clear that the Void and its denizens are distinct from the Twisting Nether and the Burning Legion. The idea behind the 'Voidlands' is that they are composed of different worlds that were consumed by the Void, like the ethereal homeworld of K'Aresh. These world-shards drift in the Void in a similar way to how fragments of Draenor drift in the Nether to create Outland.

    The Void and its forces would be the primary threat, and the Burning Legion would also have a presence. But each zone represents the remnants of an entire world, and the creatures living there are the ones who were strong enough to survive the destruction of their world and tenacious enough to keep surviving in the depths of the Void. Not all of them are going to be friendly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    I loved the Spider Kingdom and I loved this too. Amazing job once again! I'd love to see both the Void and Dream expansions, but I'd prefer the Dream one first to complete this storyline. Excited to see what new ideas you'll bring to the Emerald Dream!
    Thanks! I'm eager to realize the Dream concept as well and tell the story of N'Zoth's master plan, but Into the Void would make a good filler chapter. Decisions! Maybe I'll do another vote thread.

  18. #438
    Excuse me, but why aren't you working at Blizzard yet?

  19. #439
    I didn't see the "City of the Gods Expansion"!!!
    Really nice patch!! I just want to play this expansion!!!

  20. #440
    I cant wait for the Bestiary of Into the Void

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •