Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Thanks for the comments everyone - they feed my creative spirit!
    I haven't planned any new races or classes for this particular expansion idea - I'd probably include my Merrow race if I had, maybe have them lean towards the Alliance and re-connection with their night elf cousins.
    in my opinion a good set of races for an azshara expansion would be satyr for alliance and naga for horde.

the satyr which join the alliance could be satyr trying to follow in the footsteps of avrus the redeemed, who was a satyr in ashenvale allowed in by the night elves because he wanted to redeem himself, at the end of the quest chain he sacrifices himself to save a little girl and is turned back into a night elf. the satyr we play as could want the same thing, but just not quite there yet.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Avrus_Illwhisper

the naga could be followers of neptulon who were outcast by the other naga when she usurped neptulons realm.

as for your idea? man you won me over as soon as i saw you had plunder isle and tel'abim. and then i saw broken isles. man you have everything ive always wanted from an azshara expansion. and all your creature ideas are fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Pokemon is that way--->
    I am just kidding no I am not lol its that way!
    what do playable turtle men have to do with pokemon? theres only like 2 or 3 lines of turtle based pokemon.

it would make more sense to say ninja turtles is that way -> because ninja turtles actually has a turtle similar to the torra called spike

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I've never really understood why so many believe Azshara is in any way still interested in Sargeras. She was only enamoured of him 10,000 years ago because of his corruptive influence coming through the portal the highborne were making, combined with Azshara's own vanity. Sargeras ultimately failed to come to her and bring about the perfect world she desired, and she then spent 10,000 years basking in the influence of the Old Gods. It's beyond belief that she's still carrying a torch for Sargeras after all this time.

I don't really see Azshara having any interest in trying to summon or contact Sargeras.
    not to mention sargeras didnt plan to marry her and just wanted to steal her stuff. she probably wants to kill sargeras more then we do
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I would play the shit out of those zandril

So, do you have any interperatations or thoughts on Ny'alotha?

Yeah, but good ones though.

Thanks! I read your ship system idea, and it's pretty awesome - very comprehensive and lots of cool sounding mechanics. There's a lot of stuff there that I would like to see if Blizzard ever implements something like it.
    Since you have decided to leave an island out then i will say its a crap idea
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I like your map making ability. Cool map.

Although I am curious, and sorry if I missed it before, but what of the Darkspear Isles from WCIII? They sunk, but you are raising islands from the ocean. There's plenty of dungeon material there, plus the Darkspear's old villages dotted across the entire island, and an old Kul Tiras base. Also, we could perhaps interact with the spirit of Sen'jin, maybe give him a burial he deserves.

Great effort. I love the map, it looks amazing!

I really like the idea, but I just have this feeling that the fight is being taken to Azshara on her doorstep way too quickly. I mean Queen Azshara's power is only matched by Archimonda and Kil'Jaeden, she would even have the power to raise an entire continent from the depths....so I feel that a better idea would be a series of island hopping. Imagine the United States fighting Japan in the pacific. The sneak attack by the Japanese left us without many battleships, imagine the Naga would do something similar. We couldn't just go straight to the mainland Japan, we had to take the outermost territories, small islands, and then bomb the mainland and soften up their defenses before we could think about going there. Knowing Queen Azshara is so intelligent and powerful, she wouldn't raise parts of land that are not under her control and could be used to get at her. Also she has had 10,000 years to get ready, I think the entire continent would be under her control anyway. I think the scale of this is somewhere around the Lich King, but for it to be Queen Azshara, it has to be taken to the level of the burning legion and second to only Sargeras. In Isle of Quel'Danas one the vendor NPC talks about that if Kil'Jaeden gets through the portal that it would be a war on a scale not seen in 10,000 years.

So my suggestions or changes would be
    - No main continent, but everything as a series of small to large islands.

- The level cap zone would a small foothold landing on the large Island fortress where Azshara would have a densely packed Palace, Castle, city...all that good stuff.

- Like I said previously the leveling process would be an island hopping experience before we finally settle on the PvP oriented Zone where it would be a loosely connected series of small and big islands that would be perfect for air bases and naval bases. I think Horde would get the air base because of our zeppelins and Alliance would get the natural harbor the island could have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Came here skeptical - left impressed with the amount of effort you put into it - good job man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it would make more sense to say ninja turtles is that way -> because ninja turtles actually has a turtle similar to the torra called spike

Whaa~at? Nooo. I wasn't thinking of ninja turtles when I drew those. TMNT wasn't my favorite show in the 80s or anything...

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow...._roa_torra.png

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderjac View Post
    So, do you have any interperatations or thoughts on Ny'alotha?
    Oooh, yes. They will come later, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Whateva'.

Quote Originally Posted by ElitePeon View Post
    Although I am curious, and sorry if I missed it before, but what of the Darkspear Isles from WCIII? They sunk, but you are raising islands from the ocean. There's plenty of dungeon material there, plus the Darkspear's old villages dotted across the entire island, and an old Kul Tiras base. Also, we could perhaps interact with the spirit of Sen'jin, maybe give him a burial he deserves.
    There were a couple of islands I thought about including but ultimately didn't (Ogrezonia is another example) - I wanted to be a bit more realistic about how much content I could put in than I was with my Spider Kingdom idea (it was more or less everything and the kitchen sink with that one).

A few people have mentioned that they wouldn't mind more dungeons - I think a return to a raised Darkspear Island might make a decent dungeon. I can't see it having anything hugely relevant to do with the main story about Azshara though.

Quote Originally Posted by TooTwisted View Post
    I really like the idea, but I just have this feeling that the fight is being taken to Azshara on her doorstep way too quickly. I mean Queen Azshara's power is only matched by Archimonda and Kil'Jaeden, she would even have the power to raise an entire continent from the depths....
    I thought a lot about having Azshara be the end-boss of the first raid tier. What I really wanted, and have wanted for a while though, was a main villain that you fought multiple times over the course of the expansion, building to a final showdown. Azshara isn't defeated at the end of the battle - she simply leaves. She's got big plans, and as far as she's concerned they're going swimmingly (no pun intended).

So my suggestions or changes would be
    - No main continent, but everything as a series of small to large islands.

- The level cap zone would a small foothold landing on the large Island fortress where Azshara would have a densely packed Palace, Castle, city...all that good stuff.

- Like I said previously the leveling process would be an island hopping experience before we finally settle on the PvP oriented Zone where it would be a loosely connected series of small and big islands that would be perfect for air bases and naval bases. I think Horde would get the air base because of our zeppelins and Alliance would get the natural harbor the island could have.
    To each his own, but I found that in Cataclysm the constant moving around all over the place to reach the new content zones really detracted from the experience being one cohesive whole story. I would want to avoid that feeling in the future. Not saying it couldn't work, but I found it much easier to weave a narative together by making a new land.

Deleted
    No offense to Blizzard, but this beats the pants out of anything we'll end up getting.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazgrim View Post
    No offense to Blizzard, but this beats the pants out of anything we'll end up getting.
    so, so, so, true.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Serious? lol. An island we've never seen or known about being left aside in the wake of an entire continent rising up left to explore makes the idea crap? Is there some special importance to the island we don't know about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

This is awesome.

One suggestion though, Kezan or Broken Isles would make more sense for the Horde starting zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Serious? lol. An island we've never seen or known about being left aside in the wake of an entire continent rising up left to explore makes the idea crap? Is there some special importance to the island we don't know about?
    So i take you never played the goblin starting zone

So i take you never played the goblin starting zone
    the goblin starting zone has next to nothing in regards to whether or not zandalar should be in at launch. he said it was patch content.

quel'thalas was left out of vanilla to be used as patch/expansion content, even though lore wise it was and still is literally right above plaguelands,

the isle of quel'danas where the sunwell is was left out of bc to be used as patch content even though its right off the coast and a significantly important place

almost all of azjol nerub was left out of northrend despite being announced as a launch zone at wraths blizzcon announcment.

plenty of zones didnt make it into cata that shouldve, and some zones didnt even get updated.

mop left out thunder isle despite us literally being able to see it in the distance in game

wod left out farahlon as well as a whole ogre continent.

literally every single expansion leaves out content either because it was cut, because they wanna save it for later, or because they wanna use it as patch content. saying his idea is shit because he wants to use zandalar as patch content is a shit complaint
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Great the only thing I would change is Kezan for Horde starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    Great the only thing I would change is Kezan for Horde starting zone.
    kezan wouldnt make sense as a horde starting zone, majority of goblins wish to remain neutral and kezan is the home of all goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the goblin starting zone has next to nothing in regards to whether or not zandalar should be in at launch. he said it was patch content.

quel'thalas was left out of vanilla to be used as patch/expansion content, even though lore wise it was and still is literally right above plaguelands,

the isle of quel'danas where the sunwell is was left out of bc to be used as patch content even though its right off the coast and a significantly important place

almost all of azjol nerub was left out of northrend despite being announced as a launch zone at wraths blizzcon announcment.

plenty of zones didnt make it into cata that shouldve, and some zones didnt even get updated.

mop left out thunder isle despite us literally being able to see it in the distance in game

wod left out farahlon as well as a whole ogre continent.

literally every single expansion leaves out content either because it was cut, because they wanna save it for later, or because they wanna use it as patch content. saying his idea is shit because he wants to use zandalar as patch content is a shit complaint
    I wasnt talking about Zandalar. I talking about the island right next to kezan that was the 2nd part of the goblin starting zone. The OP left it out for no real reason

Where is the playable Naga?