Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always imagined kezan being the trade garbor and when ever we visit the other part of Kezan we would explore whats up with the 5 trade princes. Great to see Gallywix step in. I am not a huge fan of some weird robot destroying the island and stuff. The vault is okey I guess but dont put it on Kezan would be such a waste of tgqt crazy goblin lore island.

Rastakahn should have asked Vol'jin for hes help to watch our for Zul, that is what I always wanted to see happen not die with the cataclysm:/

As a concept, I support a south seas expansion. But I strongly disagree with most of the details, and even the name. Even if Azshara was the villain and face of the expansion, it shouldn't refer to her by name in the title. Wrath of the Lich King was the exception since the expansion literally was all about him and built up the entire time into some ultimate face off against him.

I'd like to add the idea for either a new class or two new races (or both, even):

The Tinker, the technology-themed class that we are really missing.

It would likely wear either leather or mail, and use ranged weapons.

Its specializations would be:

Mekgineer -- either melee damage or tanking, they pilot their own mechanical fighting machine, similar to the ones we've seen gnomes and goblins pilot.
    Technology (name pending) -- a specialization that focused on ranged damage and involved a lot of different inventions and attacks, many of them functioning as temporary pets (turrets, pocket factories, etc). While the ranged weapon would add to the fight, they would almost exclusively be using technology to fight, including missiles, bombs, and so much more.
    Chemistry (name pending) -- a specialization that focused on healing with various chemicals. When I think of this spec I imagine them healing and building up energy, and when the party is taking too much damage they can release this energy for short-term burst healing when needed. Just a concept, and one that isn't all that unique at its core, but as a theme the chemistry spec fits just fine I think.

Ideal races:

Humans, dwarves, gnomes, draenei, and maybe worgen.

Orcs, undead, blood elves, goblins and maybe trolls.

Pandaren, night elves, tauren, and possibly trolls and worgen would not be available for this class.

As for new races, I think these would work:

Alliance -- Vrykul. When the humans were first born from the Vrykul, many of the vrykul abandoned their society so that these offspring might yet survive. Rather than having them have returned to their people, I think it would make more sense if these people chose to follow their own path and took to the sea, colonizing a new island with their own society and beliefs as a people, but choosing to isolate themselves from the rest of the world. Recently discovered and acknowledging the humans they helped to survive, some event would cause them to take up arms together and officially join the Alliance.

Ideal classes:

Warrior
    Death Knight
    Shaman
    Hunter
    Rogue (?) ... maybe not a perfect fit since they are giants, but they are perfectly capable of mastering these arts.
    Mage
    Priest (?) ... depending on lore, this could be a good fit. Most likely, it would.
    Possibly monk... if a pandaren arrived and happened to teach them, it could definitely work.
    possibly druid... like the gilneans it would not be a stretch for them to have some druid-like practices. But this would be a very big stretch.

Horde -- Naga. I think that it is reasonable to assume that not all naga follow Azshara. We already saw an example in Heroic Slave Pens, and I'm sure there are plenty more. Like the vrykul, they too have isolated themselves from the rest of the naga trying to find their own path and leave Azshara. A cause for this could be any number of reasons, from their ancient support of Neptulon, to finding the rest of the naga's actions to be disgusting and brutal, to finding the naga's choice to ally with old gods as foolish, to any number of things. They would be hunted by the naga, and an event would cause them to be reunited with another descendent of the highborne -- the blood elves. They would join forces for like-minded cause and to avoid annihilation.

Ideal classes:

Warrior
    Hunter
    Shaman (?) Depending on the practices of the naga, this could fit or this could not fit. If they hold beliefs in Neptulon, it would make perfect sense. If not, maybe not.
    Rogue (?) A little odd perhaps, but perfectly feasible. Realistically any race, including tauren, can be and are rogues.
    Mage
    Priest
    Warlock
    Possibly Death knight ...It's perfectly feasible that some naga could have been taken by the scourge and made into death knights, however unlikely.

Ideally both races would have the same amount of classes one way or another, and if tinker was added in addition, neither race would be capable of becoming them (ironically and purposely).

My two coins. While I don't agree with a lot of the directions you've taken, I do like the idea as a concept.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, most importantly, the entirety of the expansion would be on various islands of the south seas, with no zones entirely underwater whatsoever. There would be underwater content, but would be sparse.

Making an expansion entirely underwater is a great way to guarantee the expansion to fail. I myself wouldn't buy the expansion if the whole damn thing was underwater.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post

Alliance -- Vrykul.
    Horde -- Naga. I
    - - - Updated - - -

Making an expansion entirely underwater is a great way to guarantee the expansion to fail. I myself wouldn't buy the expansion if the whole damn thing was underwater.
    Well I love the Vrykul crazy viking race, but not to the alliances, I would give that race to the horde.. same witg naga realy..
    I am sorry, but vrykul hate humans more then any other race, and naga hate Night elves more then any other race.
    Doesn't make sense realy. Plus Alliances don't deserve such a cool race as the Vrykul lol j/k

Been said a thousend times already that the seafloor would be risen or something like that, no one wants 100% waterzones, but atleast 1 full zone should be.. lots of people stilll loved Vashjir I was 1 of them. Don't speak for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update! Patch X.3 has landed! evil is on the rise in...

The Demon's Tomb is the third patch for the Reign of Azshara. It's primary features are:

The Story So Far...

The Alliance and the Horde have triumphed against the greatest threats that Zin-Azshari has to offer. The stygians are no more, the raging spirits of Zandalar have been quieted, and the Legion Ex Machina has been dismantled.

However, magic-users throughout Zin-Azshari have recently detected disturbances emanating from the Tomb of Sargeras in the Broken Isles. Some dark power there is on the rise...

The Demon's Tomb

Something sinister is on the rise in the Tomb of Sargeras. Perhaps stirred to waking by recent trespasses, the dark power within the tomb is beginning to awaken, driving the undead inhabitants of the Broken Isles into even greater rampages, and drawing in demons from the Twisting Nether. New regions have been made available around the Tomb for exploration and questing, and special events and quests culminate in the appearance of a new World Boss - the Shattered Avatar of Sargeras.

The echo of Gul'dan, a bodiless wraith created from the dead warlock's last memories and the ambient demonic energy of the Tomb, attempt to seize the last of Sargeras' faded power for itself. However, the Echo was instead consumed by the demon lord's lingering rage, devoured by the very power it sought. Now, the power of Sargeras' hatred has erupted from the tomb, blasting apart the surrounding structure and exposing the Terrace of Oblivion, where the ruined and broken Avatar of Sargeras holds court over an army of demons. The flame of Gul'dan's evil has reignited the avatar, which now seeks to regain all of its former power. If it succeeds, then the true Sargeras will be able to re-take it and at last walk upon the earth of Azeroth.

One Patch left!

Things have been pretty lean artwise I know, but that's because I've been hard at work on a real live video game, and it's finally out!

In the game you play a mad scientist who sends a gigantic kaiju out to conquer the world, one city at a time. It includes real world cities (maybe your hometown!), loads of kaiju customization with 100 abilities, and tons of my very own art all over the place.

Check it out and consider picking it up - it will go to feed hungry mouths, especially mine! And if it really takes off I get to make loads more kaiju and characters for future updates. Help this reality come to pass!

/shameless plug

Oh, and this'll mean a bit more spare time to devote to creature art (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Problem with that is Zul wants us dead but don't know the opinion the Zandalari king has on the horde and alliance
    I think what Zul wants most is to secure a future for his people. He went about it in a particularly trollish way by trying to conquer others, but all of his efforts failed - so in my story he's finally open to trying another way (which the Zandalari did in the past that worked well, like in Zul'Gurub).

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Eh, you didn't shy away from killing off Rastakhan as Pluton's servant. Gotta say I wasn't a fan of that decision, though the quality of your work itself is amazing as always GoldYak.
    Hmm? Try reading the encounter again - Pluton doesn't make Rastakhan his servant. Pluton tries too, and Rastakhan turns the tables on him and devours/destroys Pluton. Rastakhan then takes all of Pluton's power for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    This is a very cool concept, and I kinda think Bliz will go with this route for the next expansion(sea themed, new continent/risen seafloor since so many dont seem to like vashjir, i loved it), which I personally think will be the registered title, Eye of Azshara. Also im pretty sure we will see Kul Tiras and the Broken Isles.
    The recent Shipyard Garrison content coming in the next patch has made a number of people speculate on a future Great Seas expansion, with a possible ship taking the place of garrisons - same general concept as my warship idea. It's the logical extension of garrisons - and if you've got a ship, Azshara and the naga make the most sense as the enemy you're going up against.

If we do get an Azshara expansion, I'll be very interested to see what Blizzard does, and what similarities and differences there are with my concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I always imagined kezan being the trade garbor and when ever we visit the other part of Kezan we would explore whats up with the 5 trade princes. Great to see Gallywix step in. I am not a huge fan of some weird robot destroying the island and stuff. The vault is okey I guess but dont put it on Kezan would be such a waste of tgqt crazy goblin lore island.
    Vault is closely connected with goblin history, so it wouldn't make sense anywhere else. The goblin stuff you talk about would all be part of the initial leveling experience on Kezan's surface - the robo-goblin and vault storyline doesn't kick in until the dungeon Ruins of Undermine, and then continues in patches.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    As a concept, I support a south seas expansion. But I strongly disagree with most of the details, and even the name. Even if Azshara was the villain and face of the expansion, it shouldn't refer to her by name in the title.
    Any reason why not? As you point out, the Lich King featured in the expansion that he was the main villain of - same thing with this one.

Also, most importantly, the entirety of the expansion would be on various islands of the south seas, with no zones entirely underwater whatsoever. There would be underwater content, but would be sparse. Making an expansion entirely underwater is a great way to guarantee the expansion to fail.
    This expansion isn't entirely underwater. Underwater content is limited to a few sub-zones within each region.

My god blizzard get this man a job

Quote Originally Posted by Armbre View Post
    I second that. Your ideas are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Armbre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Finalius View Post
    I second that. Your ideas are amazing!
    Why? Half the stuff won't even be implemented. These ideas will be just wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Why? Half the stuff won't even be implemented. These ideas will be just wasted...

While that may be true, they are still very nice ideas and need to be checked out and possibly given a chance. The ideas arent wasted. They are put out there as a fan concept. Something for the fans to read and enjoy. Its not like hes getting their hopes up by saying "Oh Blizzard is giving me this chance and Im leaking everything out to you for the next expansion."

I really disliked Vashj'ir so I'm probably going to dislike that too. I'm not really into water themed stuff. And if this whole water stuff revolves around one expansion? Umm, not sure I want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    More monster art, finally!

My concept for the Avatar of Sargeras, the new world boss introduced in Patch X.3 and the strongest enemy yet encountered up to that point - it's meant to represent his petrified avatar's body crumbling away from the demonic energy rising within it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlitdrop View Post
    While that may be true, they are still very nice ideas and need to be checked out and possibly given a chance. The ideas arent wasted. They are put out there as a fan concept. Something for the fans to read and enjoy. Its not like hes getting their hopes up by saying "Oh Blizzard is giving me this chance and Im leaking everything out to you for the next expansion."
    Yep, this is all for fun. And it has been fun, so it's been worth it for that if nothing else. I also think it's helped me get better as an artist.

Would be soo awesome if we saw Naisha somehow survive the tomb of sargeras incident. Since she's been there for so long, she knows how to easily defeat demons. Maybe she helps us against the Avatar or smthing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll64 View Post
    Would be soo awesome if we saw Naisha somehow survive the tomb of sargeras incident. Since she's been there for so long, she knows how to easily defeat demons. Maybe she helps us against the Avatar or smthing
    Heh, actually, unfortunately... I had Naisha be a boss encounter in the Tomb of Sargeras dungeon - as a spirit, killed and driven mad by demons. I like the idea of her helping you out later against the Avatar though - maybe have her be freed and purified by players, so she can help as part of the Avatar questline.

Deleted
    Your ideas are what world of warcraft should have become.

Unfortunately, blizzard sent us to pandaland and to the past.

Holy Hell if this were to be a real expansion the wait for it would be agonizing.

Blizzard, bring this man into the fold!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Dat Avatar of Sargeras, doh.

Also, congrats on releasing your game!

So how did you fix the problem of the tomb of sargeras being completely caved in?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post

Game? Link pls.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too good to be working for blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post

Thanks! People seem to be enjoying it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    So how did you fix the problem of the tomb of sargeras being completely caved in?
    Easy - turns out a whole bunch of parts weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Game? Link pls.
    Right here!
    Kaiju-a-Gogo

Same previous page for my shameless plug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchmageAllayne View Post
    Too good to be working for blizzard
    Yeah, the biggest problem of this concept. It's way too good to be something what Blizzard could come up with :P