Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blackrock Foundry - Gear discussion (Disc)

I thought that we needed a discussion thread about the BiS gear for disc in BRF. I do realize that BiS lists are in a weird place since tertiary stats, warforged, sockets proccing etc, but i still thought that a discussion regarding the gear would be good.

The trinkets especially give me a hard time deciding. I personally are not a fan of proc trinkets, unless they have spirit procs, because i find them quite unreliable as a healer, but the amount of int on Blackiron Micro Crucible ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=113984/b...ible&bonus=567 ) seems pretty nice.

And what about 2 and 4 pieces? The 2 piece seems amazing, while the 4 piece seems abit more meh. I do tho believe that it might have some value (and also for respeccing holy).

Would love to hear peoples opinion on trinket choices, tier pieces and BiS list in general

Cheers

There are already a few threads discussing this briefly but none dedicated to all gear that I've seen.

I'm currently rocking Candle and Hourglass and plan on just upgrading it to 680 as soon as I can. As for the tier set. I'm going to grab head and chest and just stick with the 2pc for disc. The 4pc doesn't seem to benefit my playstyle or raid comp atm. BRF looks a lot more AoE heavy than HM is, so that could change depending on the fights. Other than that, I'm sure there is a BiS list floating around somewhere, I'm at work I would post one otherwise.

Candle and new alchemist trinket at 6.1 release. Until then go with w.e I would pass trinkets to dps until they all of them. I agree with only going with 2 piece as well. Not sure which 2 pieces I'm going for yet.

I'm planning on Chest/Helm for tier and offset for the rest with the Chewtoy and Soul repository for trinkets although some fights are going to be rather mana intensive probably, so might just 4/4 my DMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadmin View Post
    new alchemist trinket
    But...Versatility. Eww.

That and, by the time 6.1 is released, you'll likely already have BRF trinkets.

I'll be sticking with candle + runestone, switching to the spirit+haste use one if I need mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    For trinkets I am thinking Ill aim for the Micro crucible and the chew toy. I dont have the candle and my darkmoon trinket is only upgraded once.

I'm interested in seeing what tier pieces people are getting for 2/4 set - with a lack of Locks/Pals I don't want to be caught out when we are distributing in our runs.

On top of that I would expect as a non-DPS we wouldn't want to take anything before Heroic due to start loss (considering I'm Mythic near BiS) correct?

From what it seems if I'm forced to say Disc due to our healing comp, I'll stop at 2pc and off-set other slots.

Mastery > Haste > Crit/Multi > Versa - correct?

Quote Originally Posted by TehCrab View Post
    Mastery > Haste > Crit/Multi > Versa - correct?
    No.

Int>Spirit(until comfortable) > Mastery > Crit > Multistrike > Haste

crit is our attuned stat and provides both a DPS and HPS boost to our direct healing.

Probaby use legs and chest for 2set (have mythic helm/shoulders), candle & and chewtoy for trinkets. If I need more regen then swap korag trinket

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    No.

Int>Spirit(until comfortable) > Mastery > Crit > Multistrike > Haste

crit is our attuned stat and provides both a DPS and HPS boost to our direct healing.
    That's what I believe we have been under the assumption from when WoD launched, and I agree with the first three, but there have been discussions (here and on h2p) about Multi and Haste much higher.

Multi due to the fact that its affected by PW:S and because Crit means nothing with EAA PoH, so in a sense were getting more returns from Multi. The Haste argument has also reappeared.

Deleted
    Mastery > Haste >= MS >= Crit > Versatillity

As for the trinkets, HC+ Chew Toy instead of Hourglass and later I'll swap my Candle for mythic Darmac's Unstable Talisman (int + haste proc).

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Mastery > Haste >= MS >= Crit > Versatillity

As for the trinkets, HC+ Chew Toy instead of Hourglass and later I'll swap my Candle for mythic Darmac's Unstable Talisman (int + haste proc).
    Thanks Decoy, not to go OT too much, but for my own knowledge why has Haste jumped up from where our original beliefs were? Just higher stats with BRF gear mean we prefer haste?

This is a simple spreadsheet I setup the other day: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Looking at using tier chest with shoulders, as there are currently no shoulders in BRF with mastery, may as well use tier to get 2 piece, and off set helm, gloves and legs with mastery. Trinkets, going for pure int, will swap out Micro Crucible for Shielding Talisman or 4/4 DMC for mana intensive fights.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCrab View Post
    Thanks Decoy, not to go OT too much, but for my own knowledge why has Haste jumped up from where our original beliefs were? Just higher stats with BRF gear mean we prefer haste?
    Mana not being an issue, better scaling since patch buffs+BT, and scales with mindbender.

Deleted
    It really surprises me that people are that sceptical of the 4 piece? Is the math really that much against it? Would love to hear more about this

I would also opt for the shoulders, as no BRF shoulders have mastery then go with chest, shoulders, head, pants for tier and the mastery gloves from Oregorgor

Quote Originally Posted by Yoebro View Post
    It really surprises me that people are that sceptical of the 4 piece? Is the math really that much against it? Would love to hear more about this
    It's just kinda underwhelming. It only lasts for 2 PoH casts (3 with bloodlust) and PoH is already a very situational and mana-draining spell for Disc.

How good is the 2 piece in terms of replacing myhic gear. For instance, I'm going for shoulders and chest 2 piece. I have mythic shoulders from Highmaul. Is it worth replacing mythic highmaul gear for heroic 2 piece tier set?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmorcel View Post
    Crit is still slightly better than MS because it's our attuned stat (and pw:s can crit the same way it can trigger MS btw).
    This is not necessarily true if you incorporate EAA PoH into your rotation(and should). Then MS is stronger than crit.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    This is not necessarily true if you incorporate EAA PoH into your rotation(and should). Then MS is stronger than crit.
    Damn, there's something wrong with my sims then... I'm currently simmed with crit beeing a little higher than MS (EAA taken into account OFC). That's either weird, or a matter of stat distribution. I'll see about that later (And promptly apologize if it turns out I did something wrong OFC )

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmorcel View Post
    Damn, there's something wrong with my sims then... I'm currently simmed with crit beeing a little higher than MS (EAA taken into account OFC). That's either weird, or a matter of stat distribution. I'll see about that later (And promptly apologize if it turns out I did something wrong OFC )
    Ignoring EAA, crit is merely 5% stronger than MS per point.

Since EAA PoH generally accounts for roughly 10% of total healing of a disc, it's obvious MS outperforms crit at that point.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future