685 mythic 1h combo vs heroic skullscythe

Hi everyone,

I've run in to a dilemma of whether or not to try and pick up the first heroic head-lopper skullscythe that drops off Oregorger. Currently I'm using a mythic bladefist/twins axe combo. I'm wondering if the math works out to be better with the 2h, given the recent buffs/nerfs, vs the 5ilvls of the dual wield combo. My gut tells me the 2h will still be the way to go.

I may just pass the first staff to our feral, but I reaaaallly don't want to since he stopped raiding for about a month, the slacker. Anyone else in a similar boat? Thoughts?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Densalo View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've run in to a dilemma of whether or not to try and pick up the first heroic head-lopper skullscythe that drops off Oregorger. Currently I'm using a mythic bladefist/twins axe combo. I'm wondering if the math works out to be better with the 2h, given the recent buffs/nerfs, vs the 5ilvls of the dual wield combo. My gut tells me the 2h will still be the way to go.

I may just pass the first staff to our feral, but I reaaaallly don't want to since he stopped raiding for about a month, the slacker. Anyone else in a similar boat? Thoughts?
    2H and DW are so close that you should pretty much always go with the higher ilvl. The 2H off Beastlord Darmac may pull slightly ahead of the highmaul 1H weapons due to having lots of multistrike on it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Hi everyone,

Check the mainhand ilvl, compare to staff, take the highest, unless your offhand ilvl is lower than the staff. If it drops warforged, it would be the slightest of upgrades, but I wouldn't be taking that over anyone getting a real upgrade out of it.

Don't try to take a downgrade to be a douche to the poor feral, they are in a worse place than us right now :-(

Yeah I wasn't going to, but, it didn't drop, and the feral didn't even log on. I've kind of settled on not worrying about it unless it's warforged, or mythic.

I have to admit though, I was expecting to hear that the staff would actually be better given the additional agi, stam, and mastery instead of versa/ms from dw, not to mention the way of the monk changes..

Deleted
    Yeah I wasn't going to, but, it didn't drop, and the feral didn't even log on. I've kind of settled on not worrying about it unless it's warforged, or mythic.

I have to admit though, I was expecting to hear that the staff would actually be better given the additional agi, stam, and mastery instead of versa/ms from dw, not to mention the way of the monk changes..
    This indicates you're brewmaster, and in this case you're probably right. There's a reason i let our WWs and Enha take the 1h weapons so far.
    However, the survival difference shouldn't make or break anything, so i wouldn't downgrade ilvl if i had 2 685+ weapons.

The difference is significant for a BrM if you're interested in EB stacks or GotOx procs. If you're interested in more dps then use the higher ilvl weapons.

Yes I'm sorry I did forget to mention it was for BrM. That's what I wanted to hear though. I will be grabbing a 2h as soon as it drops most likely. There's no one in the raid to contest it anyway, and our enhancement shm will love me for it haha.