Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like most of the 7/7M guilds are doing fine on heroic BRF, can´t wait for main/alt split raids tonight...

My guild is 5/7M and we went into normal BRF tonight just to learn the fights. 9/10 down on normal with 4 pulls on Blackhand. Should definitely make some good progress in heroic when we go back Thursday.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We just did normal so people can see mechanics, cleared the entire place on normal. A wipe on Blast Furnace and Iron Maidens, and half a dozen on Blackhand. Obviously not tuned for us but we did have a few friends with us doing it. Blackhand isn't really that bad, but is incredibly pass/fail in the third phase. Thank god it takes way less time to get to the last phase than it did on Imperator.

Downed 7/10H. Have iron maidens, blast furnace and blackhand left. I think that oregorger was the one that gave us the most issues, with the rest of the bosses being 1-3 shots. I loved hans and fraz and operator thorgodd, kromog was pretty cool too. Beastlord dramac was definitely the easiest boss in the place.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2015-02-04 at 11:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On normal we one shot gruull. 5-7 wipes on oregorger but we got it with 2 tanks 2 healers and 1 dps alive out of 17. Blast furnace we were struggling on the elementalists. Neither of our mages were present which would make it easier for these mini spine of deathwing like adds. Tuned pretty tight for heroic groups going into normal but overall seemed a good difficulty so far.

I really do not mean to sound elitist or mean when I say this, but can anyone explain why it's taking so long to kill Gruul (or not at all)? My guild had Gruul down 2nd attempt on heroic. 6/10H before we called raid. Gruul did not seem difficult absolutely whatsoever. Oregorger on the other hand.... eight wipes later.

My guild did an early normal run going 8/10 normal before flipping to h and going 7/10. Vids are archived on my Twitch profile (linked in my sig). Haven't chopped them up into highlights yet, and Twitch muted quite a bit of my audio haha ... but I might toss them up on youtube
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    We went 5/10H with 12 mains and 18 alt / social mix. Seemed tuned pretty well from what I saw. Definitely a fun raid.

GM of <Top Shelf> on Sargeras

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild did 3 heroics tonight.Gruul, org, and beast(LoL stupid loot bug.) Org gave us most issues. I made this wonderful map to help my friends to figure out how the route the boss goes by.

http://i.imgur.com/S67OTGw.png

Cleared 5/10 heroic in 2 groups out of our 4 runs.

Tomorrow is 5/10 heroic in the last 2 groups then pushing more in the first 2 again.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild headed in after knocking out 6/7 (normal) HM. Got through the trash ok, then we were slaughtered by Gruul. I think we got him to 18% one time. It seems like he's hitting WAY too hard imo, considering I was getting crushed with almost 300k hits from overwhelming blows (656 prot pally). Is there any way to deal with that debuff that we haven't heard about? I swear we're getting to like 15-20 stacks and are just getting one-shot. We're switching every 2 Inferno Strike stacks, since we can't really take more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by discpreist View Post
    My guild is 5/7M and we went into normal BRF tonight just to learn the fights. 9/10 down on normal with 4 pulls on Blackhand. Should definitely make some good progress in heroic when we go back Thursday.
    This is why I don't want to raid anymore. You just ruined the whole experience by going back to normal and nearly oneshotting everything in one night... . Oh well, whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    My guild headed in after knocking out 6/7 (normal) HM. Got through the trash ok, then we were slaughtered by Gruul. I think we got him to 18% one time. It seems like he's hitting WAY too hard imo, considering I was getting crushed with almost 300k hits from overwhelming blows (656 prot pally). Is there any way to deal with that debuff that we haven't heard about? I swear we're getting to like 15-20 stacks and are just getting one-shot. We're switching every 2 Inferno Strike stacks, since we can't really take more than that.
    Tanks can't stand on top of each other. It splashes.

As for the guy up thread asking how we're all so bad that we wiped to Gruul, some of us have healers still putting out under 30k HPS with ilvl 670 gear and somehow OOMing in the process. That's how you wipe to Gruul.

Oh, so bad healers. Got it.

Did split raid and cleared 7/10 heroic using a raid of half mains and half abortion 650-660 alts. Other raid will do 8/10H tomorrow, then will merge to do maidens and blackhand with all mains on thursday and reclear mythic highmaul for some extra free gear.

Bosses seem to drop loot like candy, counting coins each boss was giving us 15+ items in total with a 25-man raid.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    What would people here say a guild with no issues clearing HM HC, but that hasn't really gotten into Mythic (except for Kargath), and has an average ilvl of 665-675, should start with? Normal or HC?
    I'm pretty confident in my group's ability, but on the other hand many of my raiders still have around 2-4 slots that they could profit off on Normal, and some bosses seem quite overtuned apart from the starting ones. Struggling with the decision to batten down the hatches and trudge through HC from the start, or to take the easy route with Normal first.

edit: we raid 6-9 hours a week

Deleted
    no guild killed heroic blackhand last night? boss must be a pretty big step up on heroic. iron maiden looks pretty tough too

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    This is why I don't want to raid anymore. You just ruined the whole experience by going back to normal and nearly oneshotting everything in one night... . Oh well, whatever floats your boat.
    yeh not like they will spend months progressing mythic, seeing each fight 10-100+ times.

Quote Originally Posted by R033 View Post
    no guild killed heroic blackhand last night? boss must be a pretty big step up on heroic. iron maiden looks pretty tough too
    Blast furnace is apparently a bitch too. Looking forward to finding out first hand tonight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by R033 View Post
    Most guilds that are capable of killing blackhand hc straight away have no interest in doing so on the first day of the instance opening - they are running 2-4 split groups to maximise loot from the other bosses and will just finish it off any time before next reset.