Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    However good this raid may be, Oregorger ruins it. Fuck that boss.
    "Do you have a PUT HANDS ON PEOPLE spec?" - Danny

Too early..
    I liked SoO, I liked Garrosh's fight.. Till it became farm and it got dull very, quickly afterwards, and now I hope we had more time with Lei Shen and ToT (think this is my 2nd after Ulduar).
    Will i like BRF as much? I dunno, I'll rather waith few weeks/month(s) to look back and decide then.. Currently it's mostly novelty..

Although watching people die on Oregorger is fun ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Priestion View Post
    However good this raid may be, Oregorger ruins it. Fuck that boss.
    Such easy, much laughs...

skip to 1min for interesting part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Seems pretty meh, 9/10 seems bland and boring. Hopefully blackhand has interesting mechanics.
    He doesn't. Honestly, mechanics are kind of basic, except his smash in the last phase seem to be a bit wierd.

The raid is awesome. It really does feel like you are going into enemy territory, destroying a big part of the iron horde warmachine.

Yeah, it's the best raid sine SoO.
    /lol@ICC

When it comes to theme and environment, Blackrock Foundry is definitely amazing. You really get the feel through and through that you're in the middle of this huge factory that is providing the Iron Horde with all of their armaments. Hans'gar and Frans'ok is awesome with the conveyor belt, Thogar is amazing with the trains, and even fights like Blast Furnace and Flamebender, as much as I hate the fight itself, were really cool environment-wise.

As for the actual fights themselves, I'm pretty meh. Blast Furnace is definitely a chore, Kromog was fun but it's a lot of insane healing for a class that is so limited to single-target heals. Oregorger is possibly the worst designed fight I've ever done. So we'll see how the tuning works on them and how they feel. But the environment is definitely impressive.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    At least 7 freaking months really? Is there any source on that?
    Dont actually need source for this, seeing how blizzard would never ever release a raid june/july because, would people be playing it? Yeah, that's what i thought. No, but seriously, its not going to happen.

Way too early to tell. Wait till the shine wears off and you got it on farm, then see if you still think it is as good as Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by rohno View Post
    Dont actually need source for this, seeing how blizzard would never ever release a raid june/july because, would people be playing it? Yeah, that's what i thought. No, but seriously, its not going to happen.
    There are no rules for when Blizzard needs to release a raid. When they release it, people will play it. They have released new raids at all times of the year (ie, Firelands was released late June)
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

"BRF - best raid since Ulduar/ICC?"

not. even. close.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    In fact calling it now: hype followed by hate incoming.
    This is different from normal how?

Quote Originally Posted by rohno View Post
    Firelands was released June 28 (US), June 29 (EU).

Deleted
    I feel like I'm not really in a position to judge this raid properly. I played a caster for 8 years and therefore had the ability to judge encounters based on their mechanics, but I rerolled to a rogue in Warlords and as a melee, you just don't ever really have to handle mechanics. It makes me sad that I'm not ranged for that reason, but that's beside the point...

I only did 5 bosses on heroic last night, but aesthetically it looks nice and the abilities look good. From what I could tell though, mechanics seemed to be lacking on the ones we did. Oregorger's roll phase is unique so that was cool to see, and Gruul's mechanics needed a bit of thinking about, mostly from a tank perspective. Kromog, while actually not a bad boss, the mechanics are almost non-existant, and the same goes for Hans'gar & Franzok. I actually really enjoyed this boss but there really aren't very many mechanics, it's mostly a "here's something we really liked!" encounter - and I have no issue with that, so long as that isn't what we can expect from every boss going forward (Operator Thogar is another example of this - the main "here's something we really liked!" mechanic is the trains, there aren't many mechanics other than that.

This seems to be a recurring theme throughout the raid, and it puts me in a tough spot on where to rate it. I enjoyed last night's raid, no doubt about it, however I want at least a couple of months of Mythic before I decide where to rate it, but so far I'm just worried the lack of mechanics might drag it down eventually. Not all the bosses are like that, and some have some crazy mechanics which will be excellent, but once you've seen the trains and the stamping presses a few times, you've seen the selling point and then it's back to the encounter.

I expect ToT is likely to remain my favourite raid of all time still, but so far... Yeah, it looks pretty nice. I'll enjoy this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarob22 View Post
    This is different from normal how?
    It's not different at all. You're right. I guess it's just life. Everything gets hyped so much that it just can't ever live up to the hype and then people hate it. There seems to be no middle ground anymore. Same with every expansion of WoW. Every new game release, every movie.... just seems fucked up is all.

Fitting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEY58fiSK8E

did 4/10 hc with guild last night and just pugged 7/10n. The fights are all fun, and they're also all under tuned. Ofc this is not mythic but one thing ulduar did right was tuning. Most bosses were tuned very well for the people doing them with a fight like Firefighter been tuned to complete perfection. But ya great raid so far, it may be better then Ulduar depending on how good the bosses are on mythic (and that'll mainly be due to how shit yogg was zzz)

went up to 9/10 normal so far and the mechanics are nice and fights are interesting thats for sure its cool how far they have come in terms of certain mechanics. Its nice how some of the boses are easy mode (beast lord/ hans/ kormog) so you can feel some relief after killing a hard boss you can go to an easier one to get loot. The look of the place is alright but it feels like SoO 2.0 most of the time. The ramp up is definitely real and its much tougher to pug groups than it was for highmaul most pugs right now are struggling to get past oreg.

But with how dark this raid looks visually and knowing i'll probably be in there for the next 4-6 months until a new raid comes out. It will bring a new meaning to the term "sunlight it burns me!" when I'm finally able to enjoy some wow sunlight after finishing brf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    A raid can only be praised after the next expansion has been released, don't you know?

I've seen very little so far but damn they've put a lot of polishing into it.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I was kind of sad that the fights i thought had some interesting mechanics to them (hans and fraz, the train boss, and oregorger) were all quite easy. Overall though it's been pretty cool so far, looking forward to doing it on mythic. Really hated blast furnace though and not looking forward to that on mythic >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    At least 7 freaking months really? Is there any source on that?
    No, there's not, it's pure speculation. I'm assuming 4-ish months myself.

Deleted
    Love the Raid, probably better than Ulduar imo. Only fight I hate is Oregorger because of how obnoxious it is for a class with no mobility trying to run around to the crates in the Hunger Drive phase.

Deleted
    Went there yesterday on normal and did seven bosses. Don't like the raid so far but can't even tell exactly why. I think the whole raid is a bit uncreative. The architecture is SoO'ish and the bosses are too much clusterfuck. Not hard, on normal though, but just too much going on. And the camera movement....