Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

BRF - best raid since Ulduar/ICC?

So, I guess some of you will say it's too early to say if BRF is one of the best raids ever released. It's mostly a matter of how well designed the mythic encounters are.

But we can discuss things like the setting, lore and the overall feel of the raid already. I can say that I was amazed. It feels EPIC. Most fights are not only very interesting mechanics-wise, but they also feel so good. Trains rushing onto the station and unloading hundreds of troops in an attempt to stop our advance, cannon barrages from the ship, all this stuff made me want to pound my chest during the raid. BRF actually feels like we're a bunch of heroes storming into the heart of the enemy fortress. It is what ICC should have felt like, but only the Gunship encounter (and LK to a lesser extent) did. Instead of swarms of the Scourge rushing at us from every corner, we got large empty corridors and halls and a few bosses inside. Even BRF trash feels like we have to fight for every inch of ground against a desperate enemy.

What are your feelings about BRF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    I love it, though I only did 3 bosses (tomorrow will be the official raid day, we went normal to have a glimpse). The environment is awesome, epic, you really feel like you're in a foundry. I also feel that blizz was a lot more creative with BRF bosses than they were with Highmaul ones, thinking about the environmental hazards, like trains and conveyor belts.
    As an old TBC raider I've shed a tear for Gruul, seeing that he has the same quotes and some old mechanics. Sweet nostalgia right there.

Let's say the instance looks amazing. The fights are also visually awesome. Thorga was epic as shit.

I half wish they'd skip highmaul and gone straight to the main course.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I half wish they'd skip highmaul and gone straight to the main course.
    Highmaul is pretty good for a medium-sized raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Oregorger, being a healer and having the camera constantly move due to being up against a wall is painful.

Also it seems like heals have LoS issues on that fight but not dps spells.

So No! At the moment I'm saying the raid instance is not completely awesome..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree, even though our guild has only dabbled with BRF the short time we were in there it felt like ya, we are here to accomplish something very important in support of the war effort. Lets hope that Iron Citadel also captures that feel!!
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

I do like how important it feels. It feels like a foundry, not a raid.

I would say that ToT and SoO were very strong raids though (Mostly ToT), so it'll be interesting to see if this one can top it.

I think the key is that the instance feels believable as a real place. Unlike something like ICC which felt too obvious that it was made to be a raid.

One of the best ones so far. Generally, raid quality is extremely good these days. It's like after the catastrophe that was Dragon Soul they really pushed out quality instance after quality instance. Also, raids seem to have gotten more difficult.

Not a fan of the Siege of Orgrimmar theme; along with the claustrophobic hallways and confusing layout. But the bosses are decent and the tuning is surprisingly good for heroic mode.

Kromog why you skip leg day?
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2015-02-05 at 05:25 AM.

Saw 4/10 heroic and 8/10 normal so far. It's one of WoW's best raids for sure. I wouldn't say as good as Ulduar or Kara, but it's close.

Seems pretty meh, 9/10 seems bland and boring. Hopefully blackhand has interesting mechanics.

Hans and Franz made me giggle, loved the dance and Oregorger was fun as well. Did 5 bosses on hc last night and like all of those at least

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say yes so far, have to wait until mythic for sure though

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

15+ Year Old Account
    Huge disappointment for me so far. Went in on normal, probably should have done heroic. Trash is faceroll. Gruul is faceroll. Oregorger rolling phase is the stupidest thing ever. Blast Furnace is a clusterfuck. Will get better on heroic I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that dungeons having wings and allowing you to select what order to do bosses makes a massive difference. Still not as good as Ulduar/Karazhan, but really close.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid is ugly as fuck ... looks and feels like soo, only worse

Fights so far are a lot of fun though, ToT might still beat it as far as recent raids go when it comes to well designed fights, but I guess thats subjective.

It looks fine. DS also looked fine on the first clear. Seeing as this raid content will probably have to last at least until September, I think people will end up hating it even more than DS, ToGC. In fact calling it now: hype followed by hate incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    It looks fine. DS also looked fine on the first clear. Seeing as this raid content will probably have to last at least until September, I think people will end up hating it even more than DS, ToGC. In fact calling it now: hype followed by hate incoming.
    At least 7 freaking months really? Is there any source on that?