Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you think people take games too seriously?

Me, Yes! Some players go mad when playing moba games like Lol,Dota 2, etc and also for some Fps games. .. So many players ended up in deaths....
    What's on your mind? What are all the games does players take so seriously?
    Just share it. Lets make this thread useful ...
    Anyone for PvP ? I'm waiting Elsword India Throw me a challenge..

Personally, I am not able to experience the fun fully without playing with certain level of seriousness.

No, I think people don't take them seriously enough. For me, games become more fun when I take them seriously.
    /Mad I would say it's more frustrating when people just f around and do whatever they want cause "they don't care" rather than trying to win. Which just ends up ruining the game and wasting everyones time for their own seflish reason. /EndMad

10+ Year Old Account
    People take games serious because they want to win.

You want to win games, not just participate in em.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    i think there are people on both ends, who just take games WAY too seriously, and people who dont take them seriously enough (obviously same games that doesnt matter, but others it can)...i think its fine, and even preferable, to take games seriously (again depending on the game). but yes, some people can take games TOO seriously for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    The games you mentioned are competitive games by default. How can you not expect people to play them competitively when they are, well, competitive games by default.

In general gaming is a hobby. People take hobbies very seriously. You can't blame them when they do.

It's really annoying when you're actually trying to win when others are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play games to lose, play to win and have fun. To me taking it seriously and actually being good and playing with good players is fun. Bad players ruin my fun.

I take competetive games serious because I hate losing, and I'm a competetive player. If I want to "chill" or "just play for fun" I would play a singleplayer game, and even then I always chose the hardest difficulty, else I don't feel like I have "completed them".

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    . For me, games become more fun when I take them seriously.
    /Mad I would say it's more frustrating when people just f around and do whatever they want cause "they don't care" rather than trying to win. Which just ends up ruining the game and wasting everyones time for their own seflish reason. /EndMad
    I was typing something about before, but this sums it up better than i could :P. It's one thing when just isn't great at a game but tries but it's super annoying when people actively try to just screw around rather than help your team in a team game like league or dota. I think those people are far more annoying than the people who get mad about it (i do get mad about it but i generally keep quiet about it because raging at the person won't help, it's most likely what they want).

Quote Originally Posted by vickyjohn View Post
    Me, Yes! Some players go mad when playing moba games like Lol,Dota 2, etc and also for some Fps games. .. So many players ended up in deaths....
    What's on your mind? What are all the games does players take so seriously?
    Just share it. Lets make this thread useful ...
    If it is a competetive game then you should take it serious. Otherwise it isn't fun.
    Although, I myself don't rage usually, and if I do I keep it to myself and don't scream in voice chat about it or write it in chat. If people suck or doesn't bother taking the match seriously then I just leave.

While you play with people, you will always encounter those who take things too personal, and / or you can see them behave as their true selves, in some forms of online communication, and ingame behavior.

Examples :

1. You can fully experience peoples bad behavior and their temper/manners and such, when acting selfish, in games like dota and stuff, experienced it, and later on, turned out to be true about that person
    2. People take stuff to seriously, I have almost lost a friend who played WoW with us, he is a newbie, and we decided to take him to raid with us, turned out, not really raiding material, and we all tried to make him better, last time he played with us, I told him that his dps is too low, he took it personally, like i have something against him... Now, we barely communicate

I take games pretty seriously and ive been frustrated at arenas more than a couple times. Its important not to take them too seriously though. Yea I understand games are more fun when everyone takes them seriously, but you cant really get frustrated at random people online. You don't sign a contract when you log onto the game that says you have to take it seriously. So yeah, I take arenas or any game seriously when I sign up with friends, but in random bgs or LFR or whatever, I don't take it seriously at all.

Maybe, maybe not - but I find it's usually far more telling to look at the person throwing "too serious" accusations around. Usually it's a cover for their own unwillingness to do the necessary to fit suitably into a set of expectations, like a guild chasing a first kill and demanding people bring flasks and pre-pot and play their class well.

Deleted
    yes i kinda play serious. i dont get mad at people who im playing against though as i just try to dominate or get even. I will tell team mates if not pulling their weight in a competitive multiplayer though.

- - - Updated - - -

im sorry but i dont understand how people can be upset that someone got annoyed with them for being bad / not doing their job / objective in a competitive multiplayer game. It might be fun for you but its not a solo game so either work together or just XXXX XXX imo.

example of this would be someone being surprised that people were annoyed with them in nosgoth as he didnt know how to fly with a sentinel and was asking in chat. he chose to skip the tutorial and pick the rank 15+ matches
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2015-02-03 at 01:20 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, in extreme cases where people use violence in real life over a video game and such.

Otherwise, not really, competitive games are competitive, it's okay to get a bit angry at a team member in dota or something because they're being idiots and won't learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    yes i kinda play serious. i dont get mad at people who im playing against though as i just try to dominate or get even. I will tell team mates if not pulling their weight in a competitive multiplayer though.

- - - Updated - - -

im sorry but i dont understand how people can be upset that someone got annoyed with them for being bad / not doing their job / objective in a competitive multiplayer game. It might be fun for you but its not a solo game so either work together or just XXXX XXX imo.

example of this would be someone being surprised that people were annoyed with them in nosgoth as he didnt know how to fly with a sentinel and was asking in chat. he chose to skip the tutorial and pick the rank 15+ matches
    Its just a game though. If nothing is on the line, then why do you care? If it bothers you enough that you feel forced to win by whatever reward system, why aren't you queuing up with people you know and trust instead of relying on randoms? It may be a competitive game, but its still a game.

Deleted
    its the only system they have. If a new player is going to skip the tutorials and ignore the starter 1-10(15 apparently) matches then its his fault that people get annoyed. Im sorry that i dont enjoy losing in a competitive multiplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    its the only system they have. If a new player is going to skip the tutorials and ignore the starter 1-10(15 apparently) matches then its his fault that people get annoyed. Im sorry that i dont enjoy losing in a competitive multiplayer game.
    If you don't enjoy losing, then queue up with friends. Not saying the person wouldn't be better off doing the tutorials but he is playing the game how he wants. You can demand he plays up to your skill level but its not gonna happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Its just a game though. If nothing is on the line, then why do you care? If it bothers you enough that you feel forced to win by whatever reward system, why aren't you queuing up with people you know and trust instead of relying on randoms? It may be a competitive game, but its still a game.
    "It's just a game" is a piss poor excuse bads use to be bad. If you are bad and know you're bad yet continue to play team based games without cooperating with others and improving then YOU are the problem. Not the players frustrated that YOU wasted their time. God forbid someone tries to take their hobby semi seriously, this bend over and accept losing attitude from many gamers is emberassing.

Deleted
    The games trick your mind into thinking the game > rl. And you actually experience that by reward systems/social acceptance and the list go's on.

Our mind has its weaknesses which are exploitable so it'll be a real struggle to fight this 'enslaving' by games.
    How do you measure/limit addictivity of games? Also comes down to the user.

Is it bad to live in another reality?