Brm dual wield weapon enchant

Hello, wanna know what weapon enchants i should be using. Currently trying to stack crit and mastery.
    Thank you

Hey I haven't personally done the math on it, but I believe the consensus was thunderlord/blackrock. If I remember it's not beneficial to run with two blackrock enchants as they share the same icd? I forget, I'm sure someone much more qualified mentioned it somewhere in the forumn posts in the brewmaster guide.

Deleted
    Any combination of bleeding hollow and thunderlord.
    Mark of blackrock is terrible, it just doesn't proc often enough with the missing HP requirement.

so thunderlord/thunderlord? or thunderlord/bleeding hollow.
    thank you for replying!

I've found Bleeding Hollow/Thunderlord to work best. I actually get more AP from BH than Blackrock at this point due to mastery AP scaling, as well as double the uptime with BH over Blackrock.

Deleted
    Blackrock is only worth it if it procs pretty much as much as possible, which requires 100% tanking and mostly doing content undergeared since you wont drop below the HP threshold enough if you outgear the content. The crit enchant is also nice since that gives you a benefit you can control, more crtit=more EB stacks and you have control over when to use those, where as the mastery is just a rng based damage mitigation, and ofc some more ap.

Quote Originally Posted by shadeslay View Post
    Blackrock is only worth it if it procs pretty much as much as possible, which requires 100% tanking and mostly doing content undergeared since you wont drop below the HP threshold enough if you outgear the content. The crit enchant is also nice since that gives you a benefit you can control, more crtit=more EB stacks and you have control over when to use those, where as the mastery is just a rng based damage mitigation, and ofc some more ap.
    It's a 100% proc chance when you drop below 60% HP. Having it proc when you need it the most is quite valuable.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have Crit enchants on both weapons. I haven't tried Bonus Armor in a while but now that I'm doing new content and even doing it with Chi Explosion instead of Serenity the BA enchant may be more valuable for me now. I still don't like the idea that it can only proc if you're low HP. Also, what happens if I don't tank actively yet drop low due to some raid wide damage? A BA proc in that moment would be wasted. The Elusive Brew stacks I generate via Crit can at least be kept until the next tank swap. I haven't mathed out anything in that regard but Crit simply feels better. At least it does for me.

The mastery enchant gives you ~1k AP at roughly a 40% uptime, to me that's better than the bonus armor proc. Is the bonus armor proc nice when you dip below 60%? Sure, but right now it's unnecessary. As a Brewmaster, I can't remember the last time I dropped below 60% hp and didn't have at least 2 abilities to immediately counter it. It may become more valuable for fights like heroic Blackhand, but for now, I'll take my ~5% crit and ~1k AP

Quote Originally Posted by Densalo View Post
    The mastery enchant gives you ~1k AP at roughly a 40% uptime, to me that's better than the bonus armor proc. Is the bonus armor proc nice when you dip below 60%? Sure, but right now it's unnecessary. As a Brewmaster, I can't remember the last time I dropped below 60% hp and didn't have at least 2 abilities to immediately counter it. It may become more valuable for fights like heroic Blackhand, but for now, I'll take my ~5% crit and ~1k AP
    Define "better."

Is it more damage than the bonus armor proc? Yes. However, Thunderlord is even more damage than that.

Is it a better defensive bonus than the bonus armor proc? No, because it will randomly proc whenever and likely when you're not even getting hit.

So if it's not better defensively than the bonus armor enchant, and it's not better offensively than the Crit enchant, why would you bother using it?

No you're definitely right for 2h I would go with Thunderlord. Right now I'm still using a dual wield fist/twins axe combo so I'm using both Mastery and Crit. That's what I meant by taking 5% crit and 1k AP at the end. It does proc pretty consistently, both when I'm tanking and when I'm not. It's never wasted though since it's a decent dps increase in either scenario.

I say this all with the caveat that I haven't made it to Heroic Maidens and Blackhand yet. If their damage is similar to the last few bosses of Siege then I could see going back to BA over Mastery. It just seems wasted right now.

Edit: Did I misunderstand what you were saying? Were you recommending crit/crit instead of crit/mastery, or were you comparing them on a 2h? Also 5% for crit proc may not be completely accurate, I couldn't remember the exact % value but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Densalo; 2015-02-07 at 05:13 AM.

Edit: Did I misunderstand what you were saying? Were you recommending crit/crit instead of crit/mastery, or were you comparing them on a 2h?
    Yes, I am saying that there is no reason to go Mastery/Crit when you can just go Crit/Crit. Thunderlord gives its defensive benefits even if it decides to proc when you're not tanking, and does more damage. They proc as separate buffs so they don't interfere with each other at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Yes, I am saying that there is no reason to go Mastery/Crit when you can just go Crit/Crit. Thunderlord gives its defensive benefits even if it decides to proc when you're not tanking, and does more damage. They proc as separate buffs so they don't interfere with each other at all.
    There even is a sort of synergy when having both procs at the same time if I'm not mistaken. Not only do you get almost 10% crit chance but each critical hit will extend the duration of both buffs. So the chance of getting the full duration is higher when both procs are up at the same time. Of course that's only a rather small synergy and may even be irrelevant already depending on how much crit you have on your gear.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman