Any Advice for BRF Tonight?

My raid team and I are raiding BRF for the first time tonight! I've asked all team members to watch the beta fight vids, and read up on the fights... But as always, there will be nerves coming into play which lead to mistakes. We plan on running normal and we're 5/7H. What advice would y'all give that you've experienced with your guilds (common mistakes) things like that!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't hesitate to move around if a boss presents a road block, the instance is open enough to explore and experiment with about 7 different bosses in varying order. Also have fun many of the fights are loads of fun and present new and interesting mechanics.. we wiped twice on Thogar Normal then one of the hunters was like, trains follow a predictable pattern, laid out some raid markers properly split the raid for the dual add train and voila killed him no problem. For a 5/7H guild you will find Normal to be nicely tuned, it wont break your guild but will not be a pushover either.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilSniperXV View Post
    My raid team and I are raiding BRF for the first time tonight! I've asked all team members to watch the beta fight vids, and read up on the fights... But as always, there will be nerves coming into play which lead to mistakes. We plan on running normal and we're 5/7H. What advice would y'all give that you've experienced with your guilds (common mistakes) things like that!!
    Same as always - don't tunnelvision and focus on being aware of and learning to react to what's going on in the fight. Survival comes first, maximizing DPS comes after. Stop casts to move, etc.

Oh, and CC whenever you can on trash.

Pay attention to Oregorger's rolling patterns. People seem to have a lot of trouble with this. He can't roll the way he just came from. If you follow his path and kill ore as you go, you should be okay. Try to stay in LOS of healers or just have everyone move together if you are struggling.

Earlier in the week I saw somebody question whether or not groups should do the first 2 bosses in each wing before attempting the final boss in each wing. This would make sense to me in order to get some more gear and make the final bosses of each wing a little bit easier. Would y'all recommend this? Or do you think the bosses are capable of being beat a wing at a time? Thanks for the advice so far!

10+ Year Old Account
    Earlier in the week I saw somebody question whether or not groups should do the first 2 bosses in each wing before attempting the final boss in each wing. This would make sense to me in order to get some more gear and make the final bosses of each wing a little bit easier. Would y'all recommend this? Or do you think the bosses are capable of being beat a wing at a time? Thanks for the advice so far!
    We're an average 7/7 HC 1/7M guild here, and we will definitely be doing the first bosses of each wing first, to ease into it and get the easy upgrades.
    Wing bosses are significantly harder than the earlier ones by all accounts, especially Blast Furnace (even after hotfix) and Iron Maidens.

You should definitely go with Gruul/Beastlord/FransgarHansgar first before going Oregorger or Flamebender/Operator, especially if you're concerned about nerves and people not performing well on the first night.

10+ Year Old Account
    We skipped Blast Furnace tbh and didnt pay attention to anything like wing bosses, we went and experimented, the tier bosses we tried, Thogar, Kromog and Flamebender really didnt present a huge road block, some adjustments had to be made on Kromog to maximize AoE damage on the earthgrab phase but once we got that down he died quickly. Thogar expect a few wipes until you get the train pattern down and yes their is a predictable pattern, Flamebender wasn't too bad, just need some awareness on fire debuffs and the wolves.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    We're an average 7/7 HC 1/7M guild here, and we will definitely be doing the first bosses of each wing first, to ease into it and get the easy upgrades.
    Wing bosses are significantly harder than the earlier ones by all accounts, especially Blast Furnace (even after hotfix) and Iron Maidens.

You should definitely go with Gruul/Beastlord/FransgarHansgar first before going Oregorger or Flamebender/Operator, especially if you're concerned about nerves and people not performing well on the first night.
    Alright, I'll just have to play it by ear tonight and see how the group is performing, I'll probably go with your strat though!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    We skipped Blast Furnace tbh and didnt pay attention to anything like wing bosses, we went and experimented, the tier bosses we tried, Thogar, Kromog and Flamebender really didnt present a huge road block, some adjustments had to be made on Kromog to maximize AoE damage on the earthgrab phase but once we got that down he died quickly. Thogar expect a few wipes until you get the train pattern down and yes their is a predictable pattern, Flamebender wasn't too bad, just need some awareness on fire debuffs and the wolves.
    Yeah I saw the Thogar addon or whatever to announce the train rails, so I am gonna go ahead and make sure to use that when we get there.

It's more about mechanics than anything else. Don't let your raiders tunnel vision and you got this.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Definitely. BRF has a very smooth tuning it's just not evident if you try to focus on one wing at a time. Do Gruul > Beastlord > Hans'gar and Frans'ok before you start to venture further in the wings. You'll spend more time moving around the instance and clearing trash, but bosses like Flamebender/Oregorger/Operator pose a higher challenge, and then Blast Furnace, Kromog and Iron Maidens are worlds above the others in terms of difficulty.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

We got smashed on Oregorger big time... Gonna do a different wing tomorrow.