Question about Blink from X-men

So I started thinking the other day more about blink but also about night crawler. Their ability is teleportation. I understand that Blink basically folds space to make her portals and Nightcrawler enters a demon realm and comes out at different points in our physical plane. My question is how exactly do they know where they're coming out at. I mean I've read that Blink once teleported people to the moon but how does she make her portals teleport to where she wants them to? Especially if she teleports to somewhere she can't see.

Also with NIghtcrawler how does he know where he will be when he comes out of the demon realm? What happens if somebody is standing where he teleports to?

Is there some sort of mental mechinism? Or do they simply have to think about where they want to teleport to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I started thinking the other day more about blink but also about night crawler. Their ability is teleportation. I understand that Blink basically folds space to make her portals and Nightcrawler enters a demon realm and comes out at different points in our physical plane. My question is how exactly do they know where they're coming out at. I mean I've read that Blink once teleported people to the moon but how does she make her portals teleport to where she wants them to? Especially if she teleports to somewhere she can't see.

Also with NIghtcrawler how does he know where he will be when he comes out of the demon realm? What happens if somebody is standing where he teleports to?

Is there some sort of mental mechinism? Or do they simply have to think about where they want to teleport to.
    Nightcrawler has said that he needs to see his destination in the physical plane for him to be certain, i.e, going through walls he can't see through is a bit of a dice roll sometimes. As for Blink, I haven't read enough about her to know for certain.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    Teleporters have "supernatural" awareness of places they have been, this was explained in Excalibur a couple of times over its run.

As for appearing in people it hurts alot hence why they done like going places they can't see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthos View Post
    Teleporters have "supernatural" awareness of places they have been, this was explained in Excalibur a couple of times over its run.

As for appearing in people it hurts alot hence why they done like going places they can't see.
    but blink teleported people to the moon. How did she do that without going there?

Deleted
    She looked up to see the moon? Her power is a bit different as she makes portals. Her powers are more psionic in nature so maybe she has some limited telepresence to a distant location.

10+ Year Old Account
    She was pretty cool in the movie.

Yes, Nightcrawler actually says in the second movie that he needs to see his destination before he does it (he also says this one of the comics I've read with him in it). I'd do a bit of research on Blink... not sure if you'll find anything though.

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Yes, Nightcrawler actually says in the second movie that he needs to see his destination before he does it (he also says this one of the comics I've read with him in it). I'd do a bit of research on Blink... not sure if you'll find anything though.
    Then he teleports through the door with Storm, he needs to see for a 100% teleport, without sight is a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post

There are a lot of teleporters who seem to know where they're porting to via a sixth sense. I'm not sure how you could explain it otherwise.

Seems like Blink could have used her portals to cut the sentinels in half like she did with an arm in that one scene. Wonder why we didn't see more of that.