Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BrM on Heroic Flamebender

Are people taking 4 breaths from the wolves? We were taking 2 last night, but that made the swaps and positioning pretty messy. It seems like the fight is designed for tanks to take 4, but we weren't sure how to survive that many so we didn't try. After a few wipes, I got the sense that I could probably survive 3 without an external, using Guard, Guard, DM, but I didn't get a chance to find out.

What are people doing?

Deleted
    Dampen Harm is better for the breaths, if that is your concern on this fight.
    It also works in combination with Soul Dance(for the boss DoT after 100 energy), which Diffuse doesn't. If you are using Diffuse+ChEx/Serenity, you should go nothing-Guard-Diffuse-Zen Med+Guard and use Fort Brew+externals instead of Zen Med.
    With Dampen Harm, you should guard the 4th breath, the rest are probably irrelevant.

Deleted
    Pretty sure they switch wolves every three breaths? Can you not take three and swap the wolf tank when the wolves swap?

7+ Year Old Account
    We swapped at two, wasn't a huge problem because the tanks stood next to each other all the time anyway. We only moved far enough apart to only have one tank getting hit by the breath. What made things a bit messy for us was the other add which kept switching between targets (no, we didn't use Feign Death or similar abilities). We only did the encounter on Normal so far though. Sunday evening we'll probably go into Heroic and will go into that wing first. So I may be able to give better advice if I notice anything then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wymarc View Post
    Pretty sure they switch wolves every three breaths? Can you not take three and swap the wolf tank when the wolves swap?
    They switch at 4.

Deleted
    Fairly sure they switch at 3. That's what me and my co-tank were doing. Taking 3 breaths and then the other wolf would become activated, and then the other tank would taunt that one in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    Dampen Harm is better for the breaths, if that is your concern on this fight.
    It also works in combination with Soul Dance(for the boss DoT after 100 energy), which Diffuse doesn't. If you are using Diffuse+ChEx/Serenity, you should go nothing-Guard-Diffuse-Zen Med+Guard and use Fort Brew+externals instead of Zen Med.
    With Dampen Harm, you should guard the 4th breath, the rest are probably irrelevant.
    I switched from Dampen Harm to Diffuse Magic sometime during our attempts b/c DH didn't seem to be doing enough. E.g., with 2 stacks and DH up, I took 300k from breath 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palealepanda View Post
    They switch at 4.
    Welp, they didnt for me. ^.^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vecayse View Post
    Fairly sure they switch at 3. That's what me and my co-tank were doing. Taking 3 breaths and then the other wolf would become activated, and then the other tank would taunt that one in.
    Same here

- - - Updated - - -

From (What I assume are) Your Logs:

00:01:14.093 Cinder Wolf 2 casts Charring Breath
    00:01:20.184 Cinder Wolf 2 casts Charring Breath
    00:01:26.288 Cinder Wolf 2 casts Charring Breath
    00:01:27.800 Cinder Wolf 1 casts Fixate
    00:01:33.540 Cinder Wolf 1 casts Charring Breath
    00:01:37.807 Cinder Wolf 2 casts Fixate
    00:01:39.617 Cinder Wolf 1 begins casting Rekindle

Three casts then the other wolf starts casting.

And this is the damage you took from your logs:

00:01:14.139 Cinder Wolf 2 Charring Breath Palealepanda 32518
    00:01:20.185 Cinder Wolf 2 Charring Breath Palealepanda (A: 97553)
    00:01:26.301 Cinder Wolf 2 Charring Breath Palealepanda 162588
    00:01:33.590 Cinder Wolf 1 Charring Breath Palealepanda (A: 227623)
    Last edited by mmoc92b54dcdea; 2015-02-06 at 05:40 PM.

Killed it on heroic last night. We would tank swap every 2 breaths. Dogs changed every three.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtt View Post
    Killed it on heroic last night. We would tank swap every 2 breaths. Dogs changed every three.
    We swapped at three with the wolves swapped on heroic.

So what are people doing for the three?

So what are people doing for the three?
    I would think calling for an external + saving a guard or DM.

Guarded the first one, DM'd the second, guard and external'd the third.

We were swapping at 3 on heroic. Guard first and second (Fort brew on 2nd also if needed) and Diffuse for 3rd. It was never really an issue doing it that way. My warrior co-tank did need an external for the third, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    We swapped at three with the wolves swapped on heroic.
    It was just easier on the warrior co-tank to swap at 2 so he didn't go splat. But yeah swapping with every dog change is completely viable.

Wrong thread, snipped.
    Last edited by hatduck; 2015-02-07 at 04:01 AM.

Are people taking 4 breaths from the wolves? We were taking 2 last night, but that made the swaps and positioning pretty messy. It seems like the fight is designed for tanks to take 4, but we weren't sure how to survive that many so we didn't try. After a few wipes, I got the sense that I could probably survive 3 without an external, using Guard, Guard, DM, but I didn't get a chance to find out.

What are people doing?
    If you time it right and let the raid know you can let Dave take the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    If you time it right and let the raid know you can let Dave take the first.
    And get the positioning right - we keep having problems with melee and ranged in the wrong place - but good idea.

Also I can confirm that Guard-Guard-DM was fine for me but apparently not for bear.

I actually used my statue to take the first breath from the wolf. As soon as the breath goes out, the statue dies, so be sure to pick it up as soon as the breath goes out. Also, make sure your statue is placed so that the wolf isn't facing the raid - I generally put it right in the dead center of the "forge" and the wolf would run to the statue and be parallel to the wall, which avoided any extra damage.

Second breath (first stack) I would use guard, third breath (2nd stack) I would use Diffuse + Guard, then dogs would refixate and you're good to tank the boss while only tanking 2 stacks. However, if your other tank is having issues, you can take a third stack, call for an external and use fortbrew, so in essence you're taking 4 breaths, other tank has to face tank 2.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodfyr View Post
    Guarded the first one, DM'd the second, guard and external'd the third.
    This is what worked for me on heroic. Extremely easy with an external for the third.