Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Playing Diamond league, mainly Aba (100+ games with him alone) and not once anyone said anything about me being afk, being in base, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    Feels like every other game some idiot accuses me as aba of being afk for just farming lanes, despite what anyone else on the team says. The sheer ignorance and refusal to learn about a game they most likely paid their way into is astounding. I just got done with a game where someone blamed me solely because the enemy team got 99 skulls due to my "farming bottom", even tho i was symbioted with that same player the entire fight down there.
    #endrant
    It seems as though they're upset that they lost out on 99 skulls, but that doesn't mean you were AFK. Don't sweat it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    HAH no! you've got it completely upside down. a good abathur is MORE active than a regular player. He has to treat the game more akin to an RTS with multiple things going on within the map. Needs a large amount of awareness, maintenance of lines of sight with his abilities and which heroes to buff and which lanes to push with his creeps.
    errr. stop kidding yourself.

Every player should be keeping an eye on the whole map, thats not aba exclusive, if you are not doing it as any hero you are bad.

Every player has to do what you say, if you are not doing it on any hero you are bad.

With aba you sit in a spot, let your creeps do passive dmg, whilst sitting on a hero spamming abilities as you get in range, which the enemy can avoid by just keeping a creep between you and them most of the time.

You will get the occasional kill on a fleeing enemy, and think you are doing well, but dont delude yourself. Aba is a very passive hero, very low ability skill cap, some situational awareness required, but no more than any decent player does anyway. And aba is quite weak now, he used to be powerful, but he has been heavily nerfed.

I like the idea of aba, but right now, he is weak as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    My team all got killed at a Raven tribute, and the enemy Tassadar was the only Hero on the opposing team left alive, with a sliver of health. I burrowed to the Tribute as he was channeling on it, SLAPPED. HIM. TO. DEATH. and took the tribute. It's my favorite Abathur moment by far.
    I don't know what any of this is, but it sounds hilarious. GOOD WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    What I mind more than anything is bad Abathur players..
    I've had Abathur players Symbiote me (Playing Nova) when I'm closing in on a team fight rather than someone who would make sense, like a Tyrael (Who was already there).
    Yeah, this is what makes Abathur the most team reliant hero of them all. He not only needs good teammates that know how to take advantage of the symbiote, but he also needs to know who to put the symbiote on.
    I haven't played him in a while, but one of the last times I did play Abathur, I remember dropping the symbiote on a Muradin who refused to go into melee with anything. Ever. He just stayed at range throwing his hammer.
    On the other hand while playing Hammer I had an Abathur that kept symbioting me even though I 1) wasn't being attacked so didn't need his shield/heal 2) was at range so the symbiote attacks couldn't reach my targets 3) when running from an actual fight at low health (and actually going to escape) I run past the grave golem only to have Aba shoot it... and me get 1 shot. Thanks Aba.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I saw a really ballsy Abathur once burrowing into the enemy base and doing a locust drop on a low-health keep before HSing back to base.
    That's a pretty common Abathur move to be honest :P, pop the mine, burrow in, spawn locust, tp out, control it, pew pew.

Abathur is my favorite hero, due to that uncommon playstyle, but most people i play with (including friends) don't understand how to play with it. Most of the time i'm like "DUDE, i'm with you, chase him down, don't run!"

Also, Abathur is the most active champ in the game. Other champs have travel time, run around the map, wait for objectives, dead periods, etc. A good Abathur has 100% active time, always pushing lanes or helping teammates. There really is no other hero close to it, even if people refuse to accept it.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2015-02-07 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    Feels like every other game some idiot accuses me as aba of being afk for just farming lanes, despite what anyone else on the team says. The sheer ignorance and refusal to learn about a game they most likely paid their way into is astounding. I just got done with a game where someone blamed me solely because the enemy team got 99 skulls due to my "farming bottom", even tho i was symbioted with that same player the entire fight down there.
    #endrant
    I get bitched at all the time if I play Murky. People are like.. WTF, go get a merc camp.. or get those coins... lol They don't have a clue about Murky. Now granted, I have gotten coins and successfully turned them in. But most people expect you to tank that golem, or a player. lol

As far as Aba is concerned, I'm the same way, I won't play him in PuGs anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I report those people for harassment after the game, my reasoning being they're wasting 4 people's time.
    Do it as cheating, they are letting the other team win.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    errr. stop kidding yourself.

Every player should be keeping an eye on the whole map, thats not aba exclusive, if you are not doing it as any hero you are bad.

Every player has to do what you say, if you are not doing it on any hero you are bad.

With aba you sit in a spot, let your creeps do passive dmg, whilst sitting on a hero spamming abilities as you get in range, which the enemy can avoid by just keeping a creep between you and them most of the time.

You will get the occasional kill on a fleeing enemy, and think you are doing well, but dont delude yourself. Aba is a very passive hero, very low ability skill cap, some situational awareness required, but no more than any decent player does anyway. And aba is quite weak now, he used to be powerful, but he has been heavily nerfed.

I like the idea of aba, but right now, he is weak as hell.
    Except for all the other posts here already countering what you've said before you said it and the fact that Aba pays attention the entire map for different reasons than other players. His skill difficulty says VERY HIGH for a reason, he needs to be extra aware of different areas and maintain his nests for sight range. He has to choose the right person to infect.

Congratulations on posting one of the top 10 completely incorrect statements in the Hots thread.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2015-02-07 at 09:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Except for all the other posts here already countering what you've said before you said it and the fact that Aba pays attention the entire map for different reasons than other players. His skill difficulty says VERY HIGH for a reason, he needs to be extra aware of different areas and maintain his nests for sight range. He has to choose the right person to infect.

Congratulations on posting one of the top 10 completely incorrect statements in the Hots thread.
    No, you disagree, thats fine, but its not "incorrect" because its a different opinion to you. You may learn this with more experience, most people learn this fairly early on in life.

His skill may say "very high" but thats bliz's opinion to guide new players, anyone playing at even a mediocre level of competency will be doing things like constant checking of map and player health/status on a regular basis just like you say aba has to (in more complex Moba's people would be checking item timings etc, so in HotS its a much simpler thing to do). its a baseline requirement for competent play, if you think its exceptional...well that says more about your level of play in my opinion than it does the difficulty of aba.

apm for aba is much lower than other heroes, and his effectiveness is in my opinion (and bearing in mind I have played enough to have master skin on him so its not an inexperienced opinion) limited. yes he can be useful, but given the choice, he is a low teir hero, with better picks, and in no way competitive. I regard the difficulty of aba for any halfway competent player as being fairly low, with a low potential for making plays and a low skill cap compared to other heroes.

Feel free to disagree but comments like your last sentence kind of make you look a pratt incapable of decent debate.

I get that alot on my abathur and I just reply "Lol Im abathur." If they continue 99% of the time my teammates back me up but if not I just say "check the charts im clealy AFK." (since im usually #1 on siege or hero or both). Then ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

These people playing against and with baddies - "top siege and hero dmage"...

You pick Abathur - you let enemy pick Valla or Tychus who blow abathur out of water. And if you do better job with Abathur than with Valla - go practice with Valla srsly.

Casuals with their "toxic community" comments. Well when you pick Abathur you basicly screw 4 people over and you want to get thanked for that? Go play co-op if you want to play garbage heroes.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    These people playing against and with baddies - "top siege and hero dmage"...

You pick Abathur - you let enemy pick Valla or Tychus who blow abathur out of water. And if you do better job with Abathur than with Valla - go practice with Valla srsly.

Casuals with their "toxic community" comments. Well when you pick Abathur you basicly screw 4 people over and you want to get thanked for that? Go play co-op if you want to play garbage heroes.
    Maybe in ranked, not in quick matches. Almost always dominate as abathur since most people dont understand his mechanics. I wouldn't play him in ranked since there are better choices but he is damn fun to play in quick matches. probably the most fun IMO. Hopefully he gets some decent buffs to be a viable pick in ranked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    No, you disagree, thats fine, but its not "incorrect" because its a different opinion to you. You may learn this with more experience, most people learn this fairly early on in life.

His skill may say "very high" but thats bliz's opinion to guide new players, anyone playing at even a mediocre level of competency will be doing things like constant checking of map and player health/status on a regular basis just like you say aba has to (in more complex Moba's people would be checking item timings etc, so in HotS its a much simpler thing to do). its a baseline requirement for competent play, if you think its exceptional...well that says more about your level of play in my opinion than it does the difficulty of aba.

apm for aba is much lower than other heroes, and his effectiveness is in my opinion (and bearing in mind I have played enough to have master skin on him so its not an inexperienced opinion) limited. yes he can be useful, but given the choice, he is a low teir hero, with better picks, and in no way competitive. I regard the difficulty of aba for any halfway competent player as being fairly low, with a low potential for making plays and a low skill cap compared to other heroes.

Feel free to disagree but comments like your last sentence kind of make you look a pratt incapable of decent debate.
    Admitedly i was getting way over dramatic with that last bit and in higher tiers, players will know how to deal with him in his present state.

Whelp, with Abathur (AND his skull skin. I might have to pick that skin up...) going on sale tomorrow for 50% off...expect to see an influx of people who have absolutely no idea how to play him..playing him.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    My friend that I duo with 90% of my games main Abathur, have never seen anyone complain about him being afk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Lots of people do that. Usually it pays off unless someone on their team also happened to go B right before he popped up.

At any rate... the other players will learn. Hopefully, as you win more, your internal MMR will take you up out of the "new players" range.
    It doesn't really change. I have been playing since alpha and have been keeping track of my record in accordance with what my mmr would very roughly be, and I still get noobs galore that are no higher than 10-15. Really the only cure it to be 30, own 10 heros, and get into ranked. That way you will get rid of a good chunk of them, though there will still be some outliers.