Deleted

Xuen taunting and assisting issues.

Hi all,

New Mistweaver here with a a couple of problems that are driving me a bit crazy. Whenever I have cast Xuen in a heroic dungeon when I am in windwalker, it taunts the boss off the tank and onto me. The fist three bosses in a row I died instantly after summoning Xuen unless I ran away and waited for the tank to regain aggro.

I have cast him and examined the pet bar but cannot see a way to stop this.

My second issue is with him attacking my target. Whenever I cast him I have to manually CTRL-1 to get him to attack my target otherwise he just stands there and this is obviously ruining my opening rotation. Again, I have checked his pet bar and he is set to assist,

Any ideas guys?

isnt there a notaunt glyph for windwalkers?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're specced Brewmaster Xuen will not taunt. As you've noticed when going through your pet bar, he doesn't have an ability to do that. And even if he did, he would taunt the mob onto himself. Maybe you've changed your keyboard shortcuts in a way that makes CTRL-1 cast Provoke (the Monk taunt ability)?

Also, I do not know of a way to make him attack unless you attack as well or give him an Attack order. AFAIK that's how Assist mode is supposed to work: attack whatever you are attacking unless ordered otherwise. And if you don't take any hostile actions (e.g. if you're Mistweaver and only cast healing spells) your pet won't do anything. It simply is not smart enough to recognize that it should help with whatever your party/raid is attacking. When I still played Mistweaver I made it a habit to briefly cast Crackling Jade Lightning (for one tick) after summoning Xuen to get him to attack.

EDIT: to clarify: Xuen has his own threat level and if you get aggro it must be through some action you performed yourself. You can't even get aggro off a tank by Xuen doing too much damage. His threat doesn't transfer to you.
    Last edited by Xiaojin; 2015-02-07 at 12:22 PM.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Macro /petattack into a few of your abilities to make Xuen hit your target. He also no longer taunts unless you're in BrM, and as said above Xuen would get aggro, not you; your tank is just losing aggro to you, tell them to hit some more buttons.

Xuen only taunts as BrM. If Xuen gets agro the tank is doing something really wrong. Sounds like you had a bad tank.

Xuen is kind of stupid sometimes and stands around/attacks the wrong target but at least we have a bar to force him to do what we want now. You could always macro in something with the summon xuen so he does what you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    Xuen only taunts as BrM. If Xuen gets agro the tank is doing something really wrong. Sounds like you had a bad tank.

Xuen is kind of stupid sometimes and stands around/attacks the wrong target but at least we have a bar to force him to do what we want now. You could always macro in something with the summon xuen so he does what you want.
    Hi guys,

Sorry to bring this up again but just to confirm, this is still an issue I am DEFINITELY having in Windwalker with Xuen. Whenever I cast him he IMMEDIATELY taunts the raid boss off the tank and directly onto me. Me and my guildies were joking about it in a Highmaul run the other day and we were having to time taunts with my casting of Xuen.

The only ability on Xuen's pet bar that is activated is "Tiger Leap" which is have turned off after a raid today but not managed to test yet, although surely this should never be happening in windwalker?

Here's a log from the Butcher incase it's of any use in finding out what's happening here.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/wL9qA7Qh64TPvVHr#type=casts&source=32

Deleted
    You are using Provoke together with Invoke Xuen.
    Provoke is your taunt. I have no idea why you would ever want to macro those together. And yes I checked your logs to confirm this

Quote Originally Posted by omfgitsfrag View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry to bring this up again but just to confirm, this is still an issue I am DEFINITELY having in Windwalker with Xuen. Whenever I cast him he IMMEDIATELY taunts the raid boss off the tank and directly onto me. Me and my guildies were joking about it in a Highmaul run the other day and we were having to time taunts with my casting of Xuen.

The only ability on Xuen's pet bar that is activated is "Tiger Leap" which is have turned off after a raid today but not managed to test yet, although surely this should never be happening in windwalker?

Here's a log from the Butcher incase it's of any use in finding out what's happening here.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/wL9qA7Qh64TPvVHr#type=casts&source=32
    You are casting provoke on the boss:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...false%24115546

Deleted
    All at once I'm horrendously embarrassed and grateful. Very conflicting emotions right now

I got this macro from somewhere as it was meant to help get him auto attacking for me, which admittedly it does, but I completely forgot it was a macro and not just the standard ability button.

A daft oversight on my part. Very grateful everyone. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by omfgitsfrag View Post
    All at once I'm horrendously embarrassed and grateful. Very conflicting emotions right now

I got this macro from somewhere as it was meant to help get him auto attacking for me, which admittedly it does, but I completely forgot it was a macro and not just the standard ability button.

A daft oversight on my part. Very grateful everyone. Apologies.
    I feel like whoever gave you that macro for that specific reason trolled you VERY hard. You can simply have a /petattack macro'd into your xuen summon (and/or your abilities) and get the exact same effect without having to fucking taunt a mob lol. Figure out who gave you that macro and slap them.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9423113394
    There is some similar advice here - if it is intentional it is indeed a good troll lol. But then it's the official forums, soo...