Thread: Beta to Live

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If they're ever doing another reset, it will be a full one. There's no way they're going to just wipe levels but leave everything else intact.
    I haven't looked into it at all I was kind of going off the above quote someone else posted:

"Once the next major patch launches, we will no longer wipe real money or gold purchases. All purchases from that point on are considered final."
    "Future updates may still require adjustments or wipes for player progression, but there are no further plans to do so, and this will be avoided whenever possible."

Makes it sound like they could wipe progression (which actually makes sense so people in beta can't do hero league automatically) but not purchases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Hey as long as I keep my shiny gold alpha/beta portraits (I worked DAMN hard to get those very slightly recoloured versions of the standard portraits!) I don't mind losing account levels. Kind of feel like I'm lacking a progression method tbh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I haven't looked into it at all I was kind of going off the above quote someone else posted:

"Once the next major patch launches, we will no longer wipe real money or gold purchases. All purchases from that point on are considered final."
    "Future updates may still require adjustments or wipes for player progression, but there are no further plans to do so, and this will be avoided whenever possible."

Makes it sound like they could wipe progression (which actually makes sense so people in beta can't do hero league automatically) but not purchases.
    On the bright side, if they ever do wipe player progression (account and/or heroes), that means more free gold That, would be an unfair advantage though (considering we would get double golds than a player who just started). So I don't see that happening.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.