Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The staff 4th skill is quite good for leveling purposes, with the healing build you'll get a fuckton of hp just from that spell (selfless healer + staff heal so gud), sadly healing power is a bit underwhelming.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    I use staff and dagger/dagger on my necro with a spectral power build. I haven't really leveled anything in awhile so I can't remember when they give you access to weapon swapping but try out dagger/dagger as well if you want something with a lot of defensive capability to help deal with your lag.

I don't have a guardian or warrior, but of my classes, necro is definitely the hardest to kill. However, I wouldn't give up on engineer, she's actually the easiest of my profs, requiring the least feedback on my part while killing regular stuff. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAU...bsxAIyQmlPGhDA

Half that build is optional, and not even what I use. The important parts are the 6 in Inventions and the 4 in Alchemy. Bomb explosions heal you, and you heal every second while using a kit. Combined with healing turret, you can literally just sit there and facetank most mobs, you don't even have to dodge in most cases. Set your #1 bomb skill to auto-attack and afk. I don't even use the other turrets, I just put those in there because they can help you while you're lag spiking. It's not good dps but it's hella safe. Best is that it's entirely AoE.

Unfortunately since you do need to get to high level to get that 6th slot in Inventions, it's not great at low levels. Still perfectly doable, just run around in circles while you bomb. With your increased run speed and mob's poor AI they'll just run around chasing you without catching up and run blindly through your bomb blasts. This won't work as well if you're spiking.

On my build I use rocket boots and elixir gun instead of the turrets, elixir gun for another heal and a leap back, and rocket boots simply because it's fun and a quick "get out of Dodge" if adds come swarming. But with lag I'd just use the turrets, safer. Might use a thumper instead of rifle for emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I use staff and dagger/dagger on my necro with a spectral power build. I haven't really leveled anything in awhile so I can't remember when they give you access to weapon swapping but try out dagger/dagger as well if you want something with a lot of defensive capability to help deal with your lag.
    I agree with that too. dagger/dagger builds spectral power so fast I spend almost all my time in shadow form.
    Last edited by Tidezen; 2015-02-10 at 04:41 AM. Reason: addendum

Speaking of Death Shroud... I guess it gets better at higher levels, but what's the point of using it a low levels besides the extra HP? It doesn't look like it does any more damage than the normal weapon abilities do.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Speaking of Death Shroud... I guess it gets better at higher levels, but what's the point of using it a low levels besides the extra HP? It doesn't look like it does any more damage than the normal weapon abilities do.
    Personally? The amazing AOE capabilities of death shroud abilities 4 and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    2 is one of your few movement skills and quite strong
    3 is an interrupt/control skill
    4 is huge aoe
    5 is a big AOE burst on the third tick with some conditions

The auto-attack is quite plain and uninteresting when it's not traited, and weaker than Dagger 1, but it becomes much stronger once you've traited into it.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The auto-attack is quite plain and uninteresting when it's not traited, and weaker than Dagger 1, but it becomes much stronger once you've traited into it.
    Pretty much this. I run a Death Shroud build (lvl 80) and it's very devastating.

From what information you've given, guardian may not be the best choice. Although you can stack up some durability this game has a lot of creatures with big teeth and sharp claws, you'll still need to react and pop healing / dodge. However, the best choice (imo) would be ranger. Your pet is rather tanky, you can fight from some thing like 1200 yards away, and you can be more damage oriented while doing this.

Actually, I moved to a new apartment and I'm now on a proper wired connection to the router. So hooray, no more dropped packets!

Only medium-high latency (150-250ms), but that's a geographical thing and can't really be changed. Still, I can work with a small, consistent delay a lot better than with random lag spikes.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.