Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Crayvoc/simple
    Spec: Unholy (Necrotic Plague in this fight)
    World of Logs:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=2811&e=3141
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I only have the Hans/Franz fight thats comparable on heroic, I died like a monkey during the Gruul Encounter. I was looking for other 10 man heroic fights with another DK who has kinda the same gear as I and I found this one https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

My questions are: The other DKs (Garimato) Gargoyle made 100k more dmg than mine and his ghoule made 100k more, too - is this because of the Scabbard or am I doing something wrong?
    My Necrotic Plague made 1.9m damage while his made 2.5m
    The Shadow Part of our Scourge Strikes are the same while my melee part is lower (~100k). I take it, thats because of the 686 weapon he is using?
    I have 27 Soulreaper casts while he has 24 - his Soul Reaper is doing 1.22m while mine made barely 900k

I realize that my stats are generally a bit lower than his, but why is my damage so far off? The melee hit stats are strange, too. I made 193 Melee hits (World of Logs) while he made 123 Hits (warcraftlogs.com)

Idk, it feels strange and I think I'm doing something fundamentally wrong but I'm not sure what it is

If you look at his buff uptimes you see that his forge masters vigor trinket is really really high, ~30% while something around 18-20% would be what you should expect. He also had more ring rocs, which also has some impact.
    Especially on the first gargoyle the amount of trinket procs was pretty high, scabbard also linked up multiple times with forgemasters, resulting in neat spikes of dmg even outside of CDs.

You on the other hand had bad luck with your tectus trinket, 12% uptime vs 18-20% expected, quite low RC uptime and you also only used one pot.

Overall while you have similar ilvl, the other dk has a significantly better weapon and also better trinkets, in addition he also had procc luck with his trinket and the timing of the procs was also fairly good.

For NP dmg. Can't really say without looking deeper into details if you messed up keeping 15 stacks up between UB uses or executed it properly. First guess would be that the uptime was not ideal on the second boss overall, dmg of NP is more evened out between the mobs for the other dk compared to yours, but that alone won't make it. Its likely that multiple factors added up to this huge of a gap, the proc luck ofcourse has a significant impact here.

Autohit difference is probably a MS thing. WoL seems to simply add hits + MS hits together for total amount of hits, while WCL excludes the from the total hit amount. WOuld be my guess atleast, haven't used WoL yet this expansion and I see no extra count for MS in the chart.

Deleted
    That explains a lot thanks. Just found out that I was playing Necroticblight totally wrong, going to fix that first, thx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Do you have your ghoul's claw, gnaw, and leap set to auto cast? All I see from it is that he does melee attacks, but you never see any damage from Claw or Gnaw, which you can see on the other DK's logs. Won't make up a huge crazy number for you, but it is missing out on a fair chunk of damage from it.
    Will look into that when I get online. Thanks!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...er/Skul/simple
    Spec: Unholy (Defile + PL)
    World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lshut0obzz0233v3/
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Using the above logs I have been struggling to keep up with a new UH DK that has joined our group and it has brought questions up for me.
    Disclaimer: It is easy to see that the logs for this week are bugged for some reason, as the other DK appears to be getting massive DPS buffs from an unknown mage water elemental. This is unimportant however as you can simply look at the "master" dmg instead of total dmg for a player.
    Info: Our itemization is relatively different. He is high mastery and high haste while I am high multistrike and high crit. (I just changed enchants and such to mastery this morning so those were multistrike as of time of logs). Out item levels are very close, with him having a 680 weapon and me having a 670 weapon but me having 4pc versus his 2pc.
    Question: So looking at logs I notice something. I get more spells off typically of every spell type, but my average damage and total damage done for those spells is FAR lower than his (like 10%ish). Until this point I have basically blindly followed Multi>Mast but from looking at the logs all I can deduce is that going mastery heavy is actually far more stable and leads to overall better dps. Am I only seeing these big differences due to ilvl difference in weapon? Also, why would I be getting more spell casts off when he is FAR higher than me in haste? Is that because multistrike is calculated into the based # of spell casts?

I really need some additional insight into why I am getting trashed so bad when I am typical casting more spells per fight in roughly the same priority. Things like 20 soul reapers versus 16 soul reapers and his 16 do far more damage than my 20.

Deleted
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/perenolde/Zayn/simple
    Spec: Unholy (PL / Defile)
    Warcraftlogs warcraftlogs.com/reports/A6m8qDCwZ9RjWNH4#fight=5&type=damage-done

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I'm regularly below 40% of the rankings in Warcraftlogs and often one of the lower DPSers in BRF HC raids. I often get the feeling that being below 680 means you'll have a bad time as a DK in BRF, or is it just me? I had this raid yesterday and especially felt that DKs seem to suck generally at Iron Maidens, or did us 3 just suck? Lol. However if you look into my log you can see that my DPS is below average. I'd be very grateful for any help that helps me increasing my DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by itsjustrafael View Post
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/perenolde/Zayn/simple
    Spec: Unholy (PL / Defile)
    Warcraftlogs warcraftlogs.com/reports/A6m8qDCwZ9RjWNH4#fight=5&type=damage-done

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I'm regularly below 40% of the rankings in Warcraftlogs and often one of the lower DPSers in BRF HC raids. I often get the feeling that being below 680 means you'll have a bad time as a DK in BRF, or is it just me? I had this raid yesterday and especially felt that DKs seem to suck generally at Iron Maidens, or did us 3 just suck? Lol. However if you look into my log you can see that my DPS is below average. I'd be very grateful for any help that helps me increasing my DPS.
    Well you're 675 and out dpsed a 682 Unholy DK on Gruul so I'd say on Gruul specifically if anyone was under performing it's the other DK.

Specifically on Gruul; You could of got in one extra defile and the disease uptime seems a little on the low side for a stand still and hit the boss fight.

Iron Maidens, Were you in the boat team? If not then 14 defiles in 11.30 is low. I usually play Unholy Blight/Necrotic Plague as it's pretty much fire and forget.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-02-21 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Well you're 675 and out dpsed a 682 Unholy DK on Gruul so I'd say on Gruul specifically if anyone was under performing it's the other DK.

Specifically on Gruul; You could of got in one extra defile and the disease uptime seems a little on the low side for a stand still and hit the boss fight.

Iron Maidens, Were you in the boat team? If not then 14 defiles in 11.30 is low. I usually play Unholy Blight/Necrotic Plague as it's pretty much fire and forget.
    I think maybe the comparison with this one wasn't the best idea. The other DK in this log did a shitload more dps on any fight than me... Of course he's got an higher ilvl, but I can't also get rid of the feeling that I'm underperforming.

-> warcraftlogs.com/reports/bBp4MCTVYX63LQRx#fight=12&type=damage-done

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...w/Rikux/simple
    Spec:Frost 2h
    World of Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../692726/latest
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):I am way too low, maybe it is the Weapon or the pvp trinket but it is getting pathetic, I have been playing with my style the last raid and I think that switching to defile helped alot and focusing on the diseases but I should be way higher with my current Ilvl. Am i missing something? Please help me Obi Won you're my only hope!
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustrafael View Post
    I think maybe the comparison with this one wasn't the best idea. The other DK in this log did a shitload more dps on any fight than me... Of course he's got an higher ilvl, but I can't also get rid of the feeling that I'm underperforming.

-> warcraftlogs.com/reports/bBp4MCTVYX63LQRx#fight=12&type=damage-done
    I just type out what I found the most critical:

1. Your disease uptime is too low. The biggest mistake I can see is that you did not cast Outbreak in the beginning and you did not cast any disease from the beginning of the fight until 1 minute in. This is a huge DPS loss. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&ability=55078
    2. You did only use 1 Strength Potion.
    3. Your DT uptime with 50% seems to be a bit on the low side. One time you were sitting on a 5 Stack Shadow Infusion for over 10 seconds. It is low priority but I guess you could have had time to cast it earlier than 11 seconds.
    4. You could've used probably 1 or 2 more AMS to soak Inferno Slice for more RP => DPS
    5. There are huge gaps in your SR usage. It is the highest DPET ability. You have to use it on CD as much as possible (save a rune for it without capping runes).
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=130736

I think when you try to optimize those things you could push out around 30k dps there with your ilvl. Try to think about those things in your next raid. You won't be perfect next time, but just try to remember your mistakes and where you need to get better and remind yourself of those things. Over time it will become 2nd nature. Practice Practice Practice.

Deleted
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Korizurg/simple
    Spec: DW Frost
    World of Logs: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/7272356/latest#boss=0
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): So I'm pretty new to DK's, I used my boost for them and have been playing DK since late January. I at first played 2H Frost, but ended up slightly favouring DW Frost. I have tried unholy but at the time I think I was far too low level to experience what they're capable of and I did not enjoy it all that much.

Basically, what can I do to improve myself? Should I consider swapping to unholy or try to master one of the Frost specs? I've done a bit of reading and it seems Unholy is the way to go at the moment, but not sure if I'm comfortable swapping.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Khrosis/simple
    Spec: 2h Frost
    World of Logs: (two latest ones, if you need more info lemme know)
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/nkyJhZmbPQTcG9NY/
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/z3qDjKpGQJnx9Y64/
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I have always felt I am under performing in raids, people keep telling me it is because I raid lead and do calls and such. Sure I am not 100% focused on my DPS but imo it shouldn't excuse my lower numbers. My question is am I doing something wrong? Are my uptimes on something really low? Or is raid leading likely the cause of my low DPS? Heck even a hint to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Also I know BRF is AoE spec favored atm, but I really really don't want to have to go Unholy if I don't have to since I do not enjoy the spec.

Sorry for the weird links for armory and what not, new to the forums and cant post links yet.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Defmin/simple
    Spec: Two-Handed Frost
    World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q2...um/damageDone/
    Questions: Looking for any insight as to why our second DPS Death Knight is struggling to pull higher numbers. I am the other Death Knight in the raid, and I'm not overly experienced with analyzing Frost Parses, as the last time I played Frost was Dual-Wield Frost in WotLK when there was still Armor Penetration. I know Two-Handed Frost is truly least-ideal of all of the specs for BRF, but should it be making this much of a difference? We did a normal clear tonight to get some friends/alts gear, so I figured it would be an okay gauge to use for performance, as it was a large number of bosses for a larger variation in fight-types.

If anybody sees any blatant errors being made either in gearing or execution of the spec I'd love to hear it. I'm currently trying to convince him to go Dual-wield.

My first impression is not enough Howling Blasts on add-intensive fights?
    Last edited by Breyers; 2015-02-26 at 11:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Pizz/advanced
    Spec:Unholy
    World of Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#bracket=4
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I went from 95th percentile to 55 over night.... the one thing that changed was I went all Mastery on gems and enchants... Am I playing NP wrong? I thought I was laying off FS and burning all runes on SS as much as humanly possible. Yes, I do go back and forth with NP and Defile depending on the fight. I like Defile better for H Maidens, Flamebender, odvious Gruul etc. My first reaction is to redo all gems and enchants- is that correct?

Thanks in advance
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Pizz/advanced
    Spec:Unholy
    World of Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#bracket=4
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I went from 95th percentile to 55 over night.... the one thing that changed was I went all Mastery on gems and enchants... Am I playing NP wrong? I thought I was laying off FS and burning all runes on SS as much as humanly possible. Yes, I do go back and forth with NP and Defile depending on the fight. I like Defile better for H Maidens, Flamebender, odvious Gruul etc. My first reaction is to redo all gems and enchants- is that correct?

Thanks in advance
    Kill length was an entire minute less on your better ranked one. So your second gargoyle would have finished 17s~ prior the end of the fight versus 75s~ on your slower kill. Higher percentage of gargoyle uptime on a kill equates to better dps. As well MS is going to out perform mastery for single-target. Trading in MS for mastery means you are going to be lowering your single target dps. That is just the over view so there could be mechanical issues in the nitty gritty that I'm not going to look into due to being at work.

I lied, I looked real quick, you only had one gargoyle in the middle of the fight on your slow kill. That is what tanked your damage, you didn't get a gargoyle when you had all your buffs and lust, and you didn't get a second gargoyle. That's probably going to be the main cause.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    Kill length was an entire minute less on your better ranked one. So your second gargoyle would have finished 17s~ prior the end of the fight versus 75s~ on your slower kill. Higher percentage of gargoyle uptime on a kill equates to better dps. As well MS is going to out perform mastery for single-target. Trading in MS for mastery means you are going to be lowering your single target dps. That is just the over view so there could be mechanical issues in the nitty gritty that I'm not going to look into due to being at work.

I lied, I looked real quick, you only had one gargoyle in the middle of the fight on your slow kill. That is what tanked your damage, you didn't get a gargoyle when you had all your buffs and lust, and you didn't get a second gargoyle. That's probably going to be the main cause.
    Interesting. Thank you. I have gargoyle macro'd in with both on use trinket and TellMeWhen is large enough for me to pop the button as soon as its ready. Sinec I really don't know how to read logs good, can you say which fight you are talking about? Also is it worth me sticking with my new Mastery or go back to MS? Tonight the guild is doing H Maidens then they are gonna work on H Furnace- which I killed on Tuesday and know single target is needed on elementalists and I know not to pad meters by spamming BB on near by Slags.
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Interesting. Thank you. I have gargoyle macro'd in with both on use trinket and TellMeWhen is large enough for me to pop the button as soon as its ready. Sinec I really don't know how to read logs good, can you say which fight you are talking about? Also is it worth me sticking with my new Mastery or go back to MS? Tonight the guild is doing H Maidens then they are gonna work on H Furnace- which I killed on Tuesday and know single target is needed on elementalists and I know not to pad meters by spamming BB on near by Slags.
    Referring to your logs from the 24th as being the better and the 25th as being the worse. Mastery and MS levels come down to how your gear sims so once you get your computer issues figured out you should be able to get your personal weights to figure out what to gem for.

NP on blast furnace works really well with giving you essentially single target but with a lot of passive cleave just off of a lone blood boil here and there to help NP spread.

Need help with a Raider (Frost 2H)

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Defmin/simple
    Spec: Two-Handed Frost
    World of Logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q2im8d55pqnh2b4c/sum/damageDone/

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mb...one/?enc=kills
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5i.../?s=987&e=1469

Looking for any insight as to why our second DPS Death Knight is struggling to pull higher numbers. He has an ilvl of 678, so I feel like his number could potentially be higher?

I know Two-Handed Frost is truly least-ideal of all of the specs for BRF, but should it be making this much of a difference?

We did a normal-clear night to get some friends/alts gear, so I figured it would be a decent gauge to use for performance, as it was a large number of bosses killed for a larger variation in fight-types to analyze, plus there are two other logs from Heroic.

If anybody sees any blatant errors being made either in gearing or execution of the spec I'd love to hear it. I'm currently trying to convince him to go Dual-wield.

My first impression is not enough Howling Blasts on add-intensive fights?

If he went Unholy he'd do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbtacks View Post
    If he went Unholy he'd do more.
    I figured as much, but he likes Frost so, I'm looking to help improve his playstyle / execution of Frost.