Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 6.1 - Mystic Runesaber Mount, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets, DLC #476

Scheduled Maintenance Reminder, Tavern Talk Reminder, Quinsane Serenity Monk

Popular Decks of the Week, Versus Series: JamesHugs vs Jirachi, Weekly Card Design Competition

Upcoming Lost Vikings, Nazeebo, Jaina, Anub'arak, and Zeratul Skins

Patch 6.1 - Mystic Runesaber Mount
    Patch 6.1 adds the Mystic Runesaber mount, purchased from the in-game shop. Currently the mount is classified as a ground only mount, which would make it the only purchased mount to be ground only. However, the mount has flying animations and wings, so keep in mind that the content on the PTR can always change!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blackrock Foundry Frustration
    Looking into the data, we've found that the direct damage from Gruul's Inferno Slice in particular was scaling up slightly slower than raid size, when usually our "meteor damage" abilities scale in direct proportion to raid size. As a result, assuming a similar percentage of the total raid splitting the Inferno Slice, it was inflicting more damage per player in smaller raid sizes. We have a hotfix in the works for this issue (keeping the damage unchanged for large raid groups, reducing it for smaller ones), which will likely take effect tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback, which helped direct our attention to this problem. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

PTR Build Deployment - 2/6/15
    Yea, LOTS of dungeons are broken, I reported a few and they haven't been fixed yet. I think all dungeon boss chests are broken aswell. So many items are currently unobtainable on the ptr, really hope that doesn't go live.
    Definitely on our radar. It's not all chests, but it's quite a handful of the "legacy' content chests. Very odd.

Hey Zor, can you toss out an update please, possibly an ETA or maybe what the new build will consist of?
    We're pretty much in the polish phase of builds - these types of builds are there to fix bugs, reduce crashes, improve stability. That kind of thing. Hoping to have realms up within the next couple of hours.

Windows 8.1
    Thanks for the info, we'll take a look. An important part of these builds is using client crashes from you folks, adding fixes, and pushing out new builds that hopefully resolve these crashes. So with that in mind, please send error reports when a crash happens, and do your best to provide information in the comment section.

You guys do a great job of sending in bug reports and feedback, but crash reports are vitally important as well. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Do you guys regret hiding passives? Seeing a lot of confusion in-game pertaining to it. Seems less confusing to put them back.
    Do they have specific examples? (WarcraftDevs)

Offensive dispels seem to be way too crippling against certain classes, is blizzard aware or concerned about this mechanic?
    Many classes have strong counters to other classes. We think that's an important part of classes feeling different. (WarcraftDevs)

Frostjaw is currently sharing DR with ROOTS AND SILENCES while it's supposed to share only with silences, bug or intended?
    This is intentional as it both roots and silences the target. (WarcraftDevs)

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    why can’t i use glyph of cheetah and glyph of travel at the same time? cheetah’s are SUPPOSED to be fast! wouldn’t affect play
    That combo would be fine, but both have to be exclusive with GoStag. Current exclusive glyph design doesn't support that. (WarcraftDevs)

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Are you satisified with the way crane stance works for MW monks? no fluidity at all to switch between stance, ReM is mandatory
    Yes, MW stances are intentionally quite modal and not intended to be frequently swapped. ReM isn't needed for Fistweaving. (WarcraftDevs)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    If the Saving Grace change was meant to be a buff, it wasn't. Pretty big nerf to the only ability we could use to top someone.
    We would love to hear feedback about the current tuning of Saving Grace. (holinka)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    I assume Ghost Wolf doesn't keep Pepe still.
    Ghost Wolf is getting some attention too. (WarcraftDevs)

Character / Items
    Felsoul Wand. Is there a reason it cannot be disenchanted or sold?
    We're addressing this issue in Patch 6.1, and thank you for the heads up! (WarcraftDevs)

Will the inscription offhand also no longer count toward crafted limit, as the shields will not?
    Thank you for this. You bring up a fair point so we'll discuss the possibility. (WarcraftDevs)

Panda isle has no mailbox. Makes rerolling for tweaks VERY difficult due to Brianni's hat that's mailed to every new alt.
    Frustration understandable, Redwood. Currently, we don't support mail going to characters until they've chosen a faction. (WarcraftDevs)

PvP
    Will the 100 games won achieve for the mount ever be changed please ? Not everyone plays 3's or does rbg 2's with more win maybe
    Unlikely as those achievements/mounts were specifically designed to increase participation in 3s and RBGs. (WarcraftDevs)

Dark Legacy Comics #476
    DLC #476 takes a look at the logic of raid bosses.

Last edited by chaud; 2015-02-09 at 02:40 AM.

I'd pay for that mount. Screw it.

Everybody was right, Pay-to-mount. Sigh.

Hard to be surprised anymore. Cool mounts = store. Recolor/skins = in game achievements.

Jesus christ, more mounts for the store... I still haven't bought a single one of them because I really don't wanna show them that that strategy works (and because I don't have that kind of budget, how many 100's of € is it if you wanna get them all like I do with regular mount collecting?), but it seems to be pretty successful for them overall..

as for wing animation on the Mystic Runesaber Mount imo is not required for flying, keep in mind there are five jewel crafting panther mounts that can fly and have no wings, the HH horse has no wings either

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why people get upset over cool things being in a store. Imagine the rage if flying was a store-only thing. But seriously. The store is just a handful of mounts and pets. Nothing to get yer panties in a bunch over. LOOK ITS TAIL IS ALL GLOWY! I MUST HAVE IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fubukuma View Post
    Jesus christ, more mounts for the store... I still haven't bought a single one of them because I really don't wanna show them that that strategy works (and because I don't have that kind of budget, how many 100's of € is it if you wanna get them all like I do with regular mount collecting?), but it seems to be pretty successful for them overall..
    Haha, way too late dude. This isn't like training your dog.

I don't understand people's attitude towards this stuff. It's cosmetic. Having a purple glowing tiger doesn't make you any better at the game, and the time it takes to earn a few bucks at work is probably a LOT less than the time it would take to grind out an achievement. But yeah, lets all break out the pitchforks because a company is offering things for money.

Look at all of that 6.1 content. Heirloom tab, selfie camera, and in-game store mounts. And to think people complained about 4.1 just having 2 (amazing) 5 mans.

Deleted
    Blizzard you greedy fucks, stop this mounts for cashshop crap.

This would be perfect for my arcane-spec mage... Pity I'm flat broke.

It better have flying, I won't buy it if it's ground only. Please stop with doing mounts ground only during Warlords Blizzard. We still go to Azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by Veilor View Post
    It better have flying, I won't buy it if it's ground only. Please stop with doing mounts ground only during Warlords Blizzard. We still go to Azeroth
    lmao what does it matter all mounts are ground only in warlords cuzz blizz is frackin nuts

42 new mounts added in 6.0, and everyone gets up in arms when 1 new mount is added to the store, because apparently its the end of the world and Blizzard spend more time making mounts for the store than they do making mounts that drop ingame. Seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    Blizzard you greedy fucks, stop this mounts for cashshop crap.
    why do you even fucking care? no one is forced to use the store, its just an option IF you want some of the pets/mounts that cant be obtained ingame, and it doesnt change the gameplay what so ever either.

I assume Ghost Wolf doesn't keep Pepe still.
    Ghost Wolf is getting some attention too. (WarcraftDevs)
    FINALLY some shaman buff!

Final Fantasy 14 does it better.. You can buy mounts from the Cash shop BUT you can also get the mount ingame.. so you have 2 options on getting it.. in WoW its Cash shop or nothing.. good thing I dont play WoW anymore.. BLizzard cares more about $$$ then their players
    Last edited by miguelcrespo85; 2015-02-09 at 04:45 AM.

They've added more mounts to the store this expansion than they've added bgs.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toktokeh View Post
    FINALLY some shaman buff!
    That's our "big" change for 6.1, excuse me while my shaman jumps off a bridge in anger.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Zyranthian View Post
    42 new mounts added in 6.0, and everyone gets up in arms when 1 new mount is added to the store, because apparently its the end of the world and Blizzard spend more time making mounts for the store than they do making mounts that drop ingame. Seems legit.
    We paid for those 42 mounts when we bought the expansion you jackass.